Conservatives target program serving 120,000 women monthly

Full story: El Paso Times

A state health program that helps low-income women get birth control, Pap smears and cancer screenings could cease to exist as some lawmakers try to shore up their anti-abortion credentials.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of187
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Hurtelder

Zephyrhills, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Judged:

All Planned Parenthood needs do is stop all murdering, the problem would be solved. The murderers would not even have to serve a prison sentence, pity
JKT

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Judged:

More proof that Republicans hate women. It's obvious this is NOT about abortion, because they want to cut funding even for centers that do not provide abortions. The GOP simply doesn't want women to be healthy. How any woman could possibly be a Republican when the party acts this misogynistic is completely unfathomable.
Butter Bean

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Judged:

The only situation that would warrant the Taxpayer paying for an Abortion is if the Mother is a Democrat.
Lindweb

Olympia, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Judged:

There is nothing more misogynistic than encouraging a young woman to kill her unborn child. Planned parenthood is in it for the money. Don't kid yourself.
truuuuuth

Clyde, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Judged:

Abortion = kill the innocent to protect the guilty.
Capitol punishment = kill the guilty to protect the innocent.
PastorBob666

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Judged:

<<There is nothing more misogynistic than encouraging a young woman to kill her unborn child. Planned parenthood is in it for the money. Don't kid yourself. >>

You're delusional!

PPH is a non profit 501(c)(3) corporation.

By law, they don't make any profit.
JLM

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Judged:

If abortion is murder, then a miscarriage would be involuntary manslaughter.
mem

Ashland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Judged:

The point of this bill is to ultimately save human life. That is fact. I'm all fo it.
Blissmysoul

Moreno Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Judged:

truuuuuth wrote:
Abortion = kill the innocent to protect the guilty.
Capitol punishment = kill the guilty to protect the innocent.
LOVE THIS!
Larry

Mcdonough, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Judged:

The GOP hates women, and anybody else that does not immediately accept their platform, of family values, which is a lie in the first place. With all of the graft, corruption, and cheating on spouses the republicans do, and are getting caught at, they should drop the bull about being family friendly.
Only 3% of PPH's services are abortion related, the funds for these come from private donations.
They GOP is pandering to a minority view that women should be property instead of people. In their view, women that are impregnated as the result of rape, or incest should be forces to carry the reminder of their ordeal to birth, also not to mention if the mother would die giving birth to a wanted child, that does not matter to the right wing religious nut case republicans, they are all about total control over people's lives and nothing more. They are truly the Nazi party of today.
Cookie

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Judged:

Conservatives are going to be sorry if this passes. Where will all their daughters get their clandestine abortions?

Get with it folks, neo-cons utilize those services just as much as anyone else. They're just lucky HIPPA exists otherwise, all those good "Christians" would be exposed.
Clyde

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Judged:

Why can't you liberals be truthful? This action has NOTHING to do with "hatred of women" or any of the other claptrap you mentionioned. Why can't Planned Parenthood serve women withouth killing babies? Why can't Texas provide services to women without killing babies? Why can't YOU see the issue for what it is, instead of stupidly proclaiming a list of untruths in "support" of your nutty position? Taxpayers should not be forced to fund abortions - PERIOD.
Larry wrote:
The GOP hates women, and anybody else that does not immediately accept their platform, of family values, which is a lie in the first place. With all of the graft, corruption, and cheating on spouses the republicans do, and are getting caught at, they should drop the bull about being family friendly.
Only 3% of PPH's services are abortion related, the funds for these come from private donations.
They GOP is pandering to a minority view that women should be property instead of people. In their view, women that are impregnated as the result of rape, or incest should be forces to carry the reminder of their ordeal to birth, also not to mention if the mother would die giving birth to a wanted child, that does not matter to the right wing religious nut case republicans, they are all about total control over people's lives and nothing more. They are truly the Nazi party of today.
Rick Perry

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Judged:

Hey Guess what???

I'd rather use that money for cancer screenings and pap smears for rent on my mansion.

Seriously if women just stopped having vaginas and getting cancer then the state would save oodles of money.

Im going to float some legislation passed my buddies that makes cancer and having a vajayjay illegal.

LET THEM EAT CAKE!
Comprehensive thinker

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Judged:

What happened to freedom? A woman has a right to choose. Abortions that occur beyond the first trimester are illegal anyway. At 3 months (12wks), it is a "fetus". 2.5 inches long and 2 oz. It's not yet a human baby ...
Add to that that abortions only account for s very small percentage of what planned parenthood does for women. And lastly ... without women being able to choose to abort, what we'll have is a society full of children that were unplanned, not wanted ... and maybe not loved. The repercussions could be great.
You religious folk need to really THINK, it's not so simple as saying "I don't believe in abortions".
Lynn

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Judged:

If Planned Parenthood -and all other Federal and State assistance programs-- would just quit giving our monies and services away to ILLEGAL immigrants, just think of how much monies would be in the State and Federal coffers to actually take care of the individuals who thru taxes have funded these programs.
WEJ

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Judged:

This whole issue is ridiculous and sad to see in this day and age. Abortion is legal. You may not agree with your tax dollars supporting it, but that is too bad. I don't agree with a lot of things I'm paying for but they have been upheld as legal and worthy of support. If you want to get out a soapbox and try to convince others that they should change their minds, that is fine. But until the majority does not agree with the legality of abortions you need to realize that it is NOT legal to withhold funding at the national or state level. Please go back to school and read a civics book people. Your opinions are not law, if you have an issue, there are things you can do. Use your right to vote and speak, but stop all the idiot laws that are blatantly unconstitutional and wrong for the rest of us. This issue has been decided many times over--case closed.
hello

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Judged:

Butter Bean wrote:
The only situation that would warrant the Taxpayer paying for an Abortion is if the Mother is a Democrat.
i support the abortion of your brain through your butthole, you misoginistic doooche.
Shane

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Judged:

It's clear that Texas hates women. Change Republican to Christian and it all makes sense. I'm not a big fan of abortion either, but this is ridiculous.
JLC

Riverdale, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Judged:

Butter Bean wrote:
Wow you must be a christian. I can tell by the hypocritical comments. Pick and choose which verses to follow and when you want to follow them... You will be the one in hell.
More Taxes

Cave Creek, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Judged:

Cookie wrote:
Conservatives are going to be sorry if this passes. Where will all their daughters get their clandestine abortions?
Get with it folks, neo-cons utilize those services just as much as anyone else. They're just lucky HIPPA exists otherwise, all those good "Christians" would be exposed.
Ok, you don't like conservatives. But, look at the liberal voter base, illiterates, semi literates, high school drop outs, poorly educated, below average intelligence, welfare recipients, lazy people who refuse to work, gay people, all the people who don't pat taxes and panty waist wimps.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of187
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Giddings Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Giddings Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••