Round Rock police shoot, kill man in ...

Round Rock police shoot, kill man in dispute

There are 68 comments on the News 8 Austin story from Apr 2, 2008, titled Round Rock police shoot, kill man in dispute. In it, News 8 Austin reports that:

“The chronology of events ... when the shots were fired as to when the man was attacking the officer, that's what the investigation is going to have to determine”

A man was shot and killed by Round Rock police Tuesday night after police responded to a domestic disturbance call. via News 8 Austin

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News 8 Austin.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
JGR

Austin, TX

#62 Aug 12, 2010
unbelievable wrote:
I can't for the life of me understand why 3 cops cannot subdue a naked man without killing him. I heard that he was shot multiple times, wouldnt one bullet have been enough to stop him from supposedly taking a nightstick. If 3 cops cannot subdue a naked individual it sounds as though maybe Round Rock has hired three inept officers. Not everyone has the mental and physical capacity for being an officer. Furthermore if the officers have not done anything illegal (god forbid) why hide the tape. Release the tape so that the public can judge for themselves.
Ummm...why did they shoot more than once? Because cops are trained to shoot until 1. They gain compliance, or 2. The threat has ceased. Why didn't they go tackle him since he was naked? The guy took the Officers baton...remember? He then began striking the Officer in the head, so much that the Officer had to get stitches/staples in the top of his head. Now....why don't YOU go tackle a crazed man swinging a metal baton.
Kto

Laredo, TX

#63 Aug 22, 2010
I'm still wondering about the taser. It's quick effective and humiliating especially if one is naked. You are just gonna piss someone off more smacking them with a baton in thier own home. A taser doesn't even give you a chance to this.
hmmmm

Austin, TX

#64 Jan 19, 2011
if we prosecute the people we pay to protect us - will they? If the fella is proven of resisting - he killed himself. They are police officers - not pastry chefs. They are they to do a vital job - save lifes. I am not a fan of laws - rules - or any type of authority - but if a man with a gun(cop or not but esp a cop) tells you to lay down and shut up - you have to consider the fact that if you dont you might get shot - hmmm lay here or be shot - yeah poor guy.

dont let your tears blind you from the truth - and the next guy will test the police further and the next cop wont go as far - pretty soon we are back at square1...no law an order....and im starting to wonder why my tax dollers are being spent for nothing.

Rodney King should of been shot - not becuase hes black but becuase he didn't listen.

dont get me worng - i might choose to resist, run, and disregard the law. I expect i could be shot if i do - This is my choice - same as it was his.
ThePunisher

United States

#65 Jan 9, 2012
I don't care what anyone thinks. I knew bobby very well. He was my family and best friend. The truth be told, Bobby was pretty sheltered his whole life. He had never been in any trouble, never had encounters with the police. I have I know the harsh reality, they have no problem killing you if you so much as move the wrong way. Bobby wasn't a thug or a gangster, like I said, he was pretty sheltered his whole life. He also had this amazing willpower to do whatever he put his sites on. He wanted to be a marine and did it. So many people quit and Bobby never quit. He always gave his all. He also wouldn't, under any circumstances, let anyone bully him or push him around. It didn't matter who it was. Those cops came, and did what a lot of power hungry, pompous people(who for this reason become cops) do. They tried to bully him and he stood up for himself. I know Bobby and it doesn't matter how upset he got, he always kept his head(and i've seen him get pretty mad)-but i also know, he wouldn't let anyone walk on him. He did the right thing, stood up for himself, wouldn't let them beat him, so they killed him. They did all of this because they could. If they REALLY had consequences for shooting whoever so much as tries to walk away from a loaded gun, they wouldn't have dared. But clearly these cops are exempt of consequences. They do what they want and keep us in line, especially those corrupt cops in williamson county. All people can do is bury their friends/family and try to move on while they get their "get ouf of jail free card". Those cops deserve to die for what they did. If I had been the one to pull the trigger, I would say the same thing about myself.
Justice

Stanley, NC

#66 Jan 10, 2012
Nice shot, keep cleaning up the trash Officers!!!
pitbull

Round Rock, TX

#67 May 15, 2013
I am saddened about the officer killed , as i am sad when anyone is killed but here is my thing . The city sent over 60 officers from here in austin and who knows how many from the state of texas and other states but why do they make a big deal when cop gets killed ? how about the little girl who was stabbed to death last week . or how about the innocent family that lost thier daughter cause some idiot was drunk driving and slammed into them or how about the kids who got killed in house fire , my point is people die all day across the country and sad story behind it but this cop dies and the president acts as if the pope died or something , dont get me wrong I feel bad for the guy and god bless his family but just dont think this guys life was more important than the little girl who was stabbed to death or the familky killed cause of some idiot texting and slams into a familys car and kills them all . Whatever we are trying to get votes for or law passed then and only then does the victim get recognition ,. well I would like to say to the famly of the dead officer god bless him and god bless the family but god bless all the others not even mentioned who died horrible deaths , and everyone knows you sign up for police officer job its to catch bad people so there will be times your life will be in danger bthats why they carry guns for , as do the military , it doesnt make it ok but just dont think its right the national exposure this is getting monday morning on the news then at noon then at 5 pm then at 10 then same on tuesday and now this mornin g again and now at noon it just came on . ok we f-u-c-k-i-n get it , he died yes we understand and yes its sad , but today at 5pm news lady willsay " today pres obama attended the funeral of had mass for the falling officer killed in line of duty , dozens of officer from around the nation made the trip and bla h blah blah same thing she says for passed 3 days , ok already jesus christ and pretty sure she will do it for next few days . like i said i am saddened when you first hear and you cant help but to pour your heart out but over it already
hess

Dallas, TX

#68 May 16, 2013
gerberdaisy wrote:
This man was naked? Where would he conceal a weapon? Supposedly he took the officer's night stick. Aren't police equipped with tasers or rifles that shoot bean bags? I have to say, this case has left me scratching my head wondering why this man had to die. Sounds like he was a little crazy. Couldn't MHMR come to do an evaluation before the officers approached him? I just read an article that the man who originally called 911 regrets that he ever called. Like I said, I am just left scratching my head over this one.
the dude the baton from the police and hit hard enough to knock the cop out then the sob has a gun then could shoot by bystander on the street on a kid or someone's mom if I was the cop I would have smoked him too don't ever f u c k with the police they are there to help you not hurt you
clay

Dallas, TX

#69 May 16, 2013
hess wrote:
<quoted text>the dude the baton from the police and hit hard enough to knock the cop out then the sob has a gun then could shoot by bystander on the street on a kid or someone's mom if I was the cop I would have smoked him too don't ever f u c k with the police they are there to help you not hurt you
AMEN

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Giddings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
To the dumb fk in ny Mon Nose Fart 2
austin mccallum #2 Sun Smelly Fart 4
News Lady Gaga's Love-In Electro-dance validation br... Dec 10 Microphone Fart 8
cece (Nov '12) Dec 10 Ivan 4
Darcy at Continental Parts in Dallas Dec 6 Fartist 6
Poll What part of Austin is more Ghetto? (May '08) Dec 4 Particle Farts 86
Anyone horing in Giddings?? (Mar '14) Nov 14 Dianna 3

Giddings Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Giddings Mortgages