7 Arrested, Charged in Counterfeit Ch...

7 Arrested, Charged in Counterfeit Check Scam

There are 16 comments on the Fox 8 WGHP story from Jun 10, 2010, titled 7 Arrested, Charged in Counterfeit Check Scam. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:

Deputies arrested seven people after they allegedly cashed more than $10,000 in counterfeit checks at several Food Lion stores across the Piedmont, according to the www.thetimesnews.com. The Alamance County Sheriff's Dept.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 WGHP.

Louisburg, NC

#1 Jun 10, 2010
s c u m b a g s
Davidson County commuter

Lexington, NC

#2 Jun 10, 2010
Deadbeats............great way to begin your transition into adulthood, felony convictions and prison time.
eagle

AOL

#3 Jun 10, 2010
again look at the low bonds!! I am sick of that! These kids need to be put in chains for a long time to consider what they have done.
They will be given a slap on the wrist and be told to be good boys and girls so they can do some type crime again. Get off the drugs, go to work is my suggestion to each of them. Be smart and make something of yourselves and contribute to our great society.
Ghost Of A Chance

Greensboro, NC

#4 Jun 10, 2010
eagle wrote:
again look at the low bonds!! I am sick of that! These kids need to be put in chains for a long time to consider what they have done.
They will be given a slap on the wrist and be told to be good boys and girls so they can do some type crime again. Get off the drugs, go to work is my suggestion to each of them. Be smart and make something of yourselves and contribute to our great society.
Don't worry Eagle...just look at them. Do you really think any of "THEM" are going anywhere in life?? Trash trash and more trash. They are misfits, scrounge, they are losers and still at the starting line.
lady k from winston

Mocksville, NC

#5 Jun 10, 2010
And they look real intellegent,too...
Hardworking Citizen

High Point, NC

#6 Jun 10, 2010
Another example of kids or want something for nothing. So young and threw it all away. What ever happened to making money the old fashioned way. Good honest hard work.
heather875

Clayton, NC

#7 Jun 10, 2010
I agree with the majority of the posters on here. Until criminals are really forced to pay for their crimes with stricter sentences, this kind of crap is going to be the rule not the exception, and I for one, am sick and tired of it.
YoungandBlack22

Asheboro, NC

#8 Jun 10, 2010
saeriously giving the younger people some kind of slap on the wrist is best because sometimes they don't do it again and learn from there mistakes.....
A-Town Born and Bred

High Point, NC

#9 Jun 10, 2010
You think maybe a bailbondsman will take a check from any of these folks for their bail?

I agree w/ Eagle. These F&*%ing bonds are way too low. Counterfeitting hurts the confidence of businesses and consumers in an already weakened economy. Slap them with a $100,000 cash secured bond for the havoc that they are wreaking on society.
fastrack

Greensboro, NC

#10 Jun 10, 2010
Wonder how they will do detail work behind man trap doors and razor wire!!!!!!!
Linda Strader

Kernersville, NC

#11 Jun 11, 2010
Get a job people. I work 2 of them!
vikki

Greensboro, NC

#12 Jun 11, 2010
Let us pray for them.I agree they should be punished if nothing else to teach them a lesson ,but they do need the will of God in their lives...
hmmmmmm

Lexington, NC

#13 Jun 11, 2010
milka what
Whos an Angel

Mount Airy, NC

#14 Jun 11, 2010
Ghost Of A Chance wrote:
<quoted text> Don't worry Eagle...just look at them. Do you really think any of "THEM" are going anywhere in life?? Trash trash and more trash. They are misfits, scrounge, they are losers and still at the starting line.
You ain't no better than them kids......You just didn't get caught doing your dirt when you were young dumb. You probably didn't do something this irresponsible but you done something you should have been locked up for....You should just pray for the kids.
Carolina girl

Mocksville, NC

#15 Jun 14, 2010
lady k from winston wrote:
And they look real intellegent,too...
It would seem, if you are going to address intelligence, then you would learn how to spell the word.
vikki

Greensboro, NC

#16 Jun 14, 2010
Kids are foolish..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gibsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moving from CA to NC, will I like it? (Oct '08) Aug 21 Donna 25
Review: Asian Academy Of Tae KWON Do (Jun '08) Aug 16 booboo2 9
News Program Helps Unemployed Dads Pay Child Support (Oct '10) Aug 8 designerdad87 69
Gibsonville crackdown targets sweepstakes busin... (Jan '15) Jan '16 JimGibson 2
News Several Local Bail Bondsmen Charged with Breaki... (May '10) Jan '16 Tonya 158
News Open and shut (Oct '14) Oct '14 Ace Macmillan 5
News Former Elon church pastor plans book signing today (Oct '14) Oct '14 Ace Macmillan 2

Gibsonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gibsonville Mortgages