Can somebody tell me the name and loc...

Can somebody tell me the name and location of this gift shop in town?

Posted in the Gettysburg Forum

anon

Lexington, KY

#1 Jun 13, 2013
It's in an old house and upstairs there are two rooms and in one, it's all confederate books and in the other it is all union books.I think the downstairs part might sell a lot of magnets and postcards and other unique gifts. I'm coming to town in July and won't have a lot of time to shop. This shop was one of my favorites, so please if you know which one I'm talking about let me know.
BeenHereAWhile

Gettysburg, PA

#2 Jun 14, 2013
As you know there are many small shops in town, a lot of them could be what you are looking for. Do you have any idea just what part of town it is in? And even a general idea of the name of the place?

I do get about town, and would be happy to try and find the place for you if I can.
Steve Gratman

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Jun 14, 2013
anon wrote:
It's in an old house and upstairs there are two rooms and in one, it's all confederate books and in the other it is all union books.I think the downstairs part might sell a lot of magnets and postcards and other unique gifts. I'm coming to town in July and won't have a lot of time to shop. This shop was one of my favorites, so please if you know which one I'm talking about let me know.
Be careful, you stand a very good chance of being robbed or worse, killed in Gettysburg. Things aren't the same as they were just a few years back. The street gangs and child predators have tuned this once-proud town in a cesspool of violence and child rape.

Please, if you do go, do not bring children with you and DO NOT stay in town past dusk. Plan to leave by 5pm in case there is a traffic jam getting out of town.

Judged:

11

11

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
BeenHereAWhile

Gettysburg, PA

#4 Jun 14, 2013
Just because you read one or two articles every day does not mean those things happen every day. Read the dates on those two articles you read every day, the date doesn't change.
blah blah

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Jun 17, 2013
I think Steve has a problem, you need help boy.
Steve Gratman

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Jun 17, 2013
blah blah wrote:
I think Steve has a problem, you need help boy.
I need help not getting robbed or killed in Gettysburg. All of our deposits are made by armored car, it's flat-out scary out there, we have had three incidents in the last year and those are only the ones involving a gun or a knife. We've had thefts galore, and it is just sickening the way this area has the crime problem that it does.

Not to mention the child rapists and other predators in Gettysburg. Sick men in a sick town. I pray that a hole opens up and swallows the whole town after hours.
Pearls Before Swine

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Jun 17, 2013
Steve Gratman wrote:
<quoted text>
I need help not getting robbed or killed in Gettysburg. All of our deposits are made by armored car, it's flat-out scary out there, we have had three incidents in the last year and those are only the ones involving a gun or a knife. We've had thefts galore, and it is just sickening the way this area has the crime problem that it does.
Not to mention the child rapists and other predators in Gettysburg. Sick men in a sick town. I pray that a hole opens up and swallows the whole town after hours.
. Only blithering idiots would believe that story.
Steve Gratman

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Jun 18, 2013
Pearls Before Swine wrote:
<quoted text>. Only blithering idiots would believe that story.
Only pathetic losers would have their self-worth pegged to the prestige of a two-bit hick town with serious crime issues.
brandy

Gettysburg, PA

#9 Jun 18, 2013
How dare you say that we have sexual peds in gettysburg. I quess you would know this if you are one. You need to go to york harrisburg new york pitt or somewhere like that. If u don't like it here then stay the hell out jacka** . You are so disrespectful to even say that. Get a life . I wish you would come back and make sure everyone knows u. Instead of hiding behind ur computer. You can say whatyou want but don't threaten our familys and wish harm on us. That is plain out wrong and you don't do that period. I think you saying that shows the kind of person you really are. May god have mercy on your soul and be with your family.
Charity

Lexington, KY

#11 Jun 19, 2013
Wow. I guess nobody wants to even try to answer my question and be nice. You're all just turning this into a discussion fueled by drunkenness and idiocy.
BeenHereAWhile

Gettysburg, PA

#12 Jun 19, 2013
Charity wrote:
Wow. I guess nobody wants to even try to answer my question and be nice. You're all just turning this into a discussion fueled by drunkenness and idiocy.
Read Post # 2 "As you know there are many small shops in town, a lot of them could be what you are looking for. Do you have any idea just what part of town it is in? And even a general idea of the name of the place?

I do get about town, and would be happy to try and find the place for you if I can."

you will notice all of the other post are from people not local. I would love to help you but I need a bit more information.
Steve Gratman

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Jun 19, 2013
Charity wrote:
Wow. I guess nobody wants to even try to answer my question and be nice. You're all just turning this into a discussion fueled by drunkenness and idiocy.
Come into Gettysburg and you stand one of the highest chances in the area to be the victim of a violent crime, or if you have children with you, he or she falling victim to a child predator/abuser from Gettysburg.

The town is sick.
Charity

Lexington, KY

#14 Jun 19, 2013
You're a fool. I walked the streets of Gettysburg alone with my mother at night and that was two days in a row. I never feel threatened.
Steve Gratman

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Jun 19, 2013
Charity wrote:
You're a fool. I walked the streets of Gettysburg alone with my mother at night and that was two days in a row. I never feel threatened.
Look at the story about the elderly woman who was robbed and brutally beaten recently. Look at the armed home invasions and stabbings and shootings that happen all the time in Gettysburg. You are a fool and I hope oh are the next victim becaus you're being so obstinate and stupid trying to act like Grttysburg is safe. That's a joke, Gettysburg is not safe, it has a serious crime problem.
Davenport

Hanover, PA

#16 Jun 19, 2013
Gettysburg is the worst place to run a business, raise kids, do anything good. I hate this god-forsaken town, I wish those tornados in Oklahoma hit Gettysburg and the whole area was flattened.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#17 Jun 19, 2013
Call the Chamber of Commence... and ask them..
Charity

Ashburn, VA

#18 Jun 19, 2013
You people that are wanting to destroy Gettysburg are terrible people. You're probably some of the ones vandalizing the monuments of this hallowed ground!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gettysburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Feces-filled bucket left at Adams County home, ... 8 min Davenport 61
News Biglerville man caught stealing woman's underwe... 5 hr Pink Eye 4
Best cell service in area? Jul 30 Stimpy 10
News Police: Mom, dad took kids along to drug deal (Apr '13) Jul 23 Davenport 19
News Former Gettysburg College professor gets prison... Jul 23 Davenport 1
Organized Criminal Gang Targeting Gettysburg Ar... (May '12) Jul 21 Steve Gratman 608
News Police: Woman stabbed 9 times near Gettysburg W... (Jun '08) Jul 21 Stimpy 25
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gettysburg Mortgages