Doctor: Baby hurt while with his father

Doctor: Baby hurt while with his father

There are 8 comments on the Evening Sun story from Mar 26, 2008, titled Doctor: Baby hurt while with his father. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

A doctor who treated a baby boy in the days following the child's alleged shaking testified Tuesday that the baby's injuries were the result of abuse and occurred when the child was with his father.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

wondering

Glen Burnie, MD

#1 Mar 26, 2008
Does anyone even bother to think the father is innocent?
Bonnie Bowers

Bainbridge, PA

#3 Mar 27, 2008
We at Miranda Joy Foundation wish we never had to read articles like this. Our foundation tries to educate the public on the dangers of Shaken Baby Syndrome, what to watch for and how to prevent it. I hope anyone that reads this understands that babies are fragile and Dr. Dias knows what shaking a baby can do. He watched Miranda Joy die after living 11 days at Hershey. We only wish we could get to every parent, caregiver, day care worker and stop any more trials like this one. You can get more information about Miranda Joy and SBS on our website: www.mirandajoyfoundation.org
Mom in PA

Baltimore, MD

#4 Mar 27, 2008
Wondering...why would anyone think the father is innocent? he was alone when this happened, ast least according to the paper.? Sad, sad situation.
am in pa

New Columbia, PA

#5 Mar 27, 2008
wondering - no we don't bother. The doctor has studied many years to be able to analyze the factors and determine the truth. Furthermore, anyone that has a baby can figure it out too. I personally stressed over just dressing my first baby and worried I'd somehow hurt her and was told in the hospital and by our family doctor that babies are tough (in a sense) and I was not going to hurt her. In my opinion, you have to be pretty careless or just an idiot to hurt a baby. If you are truly caring for your baby, you aren't going to cause injury. I burped two babies who have grown into wonderful little toddlers now - neither of which have suffered injuries because of burping!
anon in md

Parkville, MD

#6 May 1, 2008
Of course you don't bother to wonder. You're too closed minded to even consider that the paper or the doctor might be wrong. What about the other experts that weren't allowed to testify? They may have been able to prove otherwise.
think about it

United States

#7 May 1, 2008
Think about it, the baby is ALONE with the FATHER when the injuries took place, he admitted to "probably writing the confession note" as well as admitted to planning suicide. Anyone who is "suicidal" shouldn't be caring for a baby alone anyway and saying he wanted the mother to have the kids in case he "wasn't around".....meaning after he commits suicide is also bogus because why would they take the children from her........for what he did?? He wants to committ suicide because he knows he is guilty and would rather be dead then go to jail like he WILL. Not too hard to figure out and just for the record, I'm as open minded as they come . How much more evidence do YOU need ?? I've got ALL I need just from the stories already printed, most importantly this one.
anon in md wrote:
Of course you don't bother to wonder. You're too closed minded to even consider that the paper or the doctor might be wrong. What about the other experts that weren't allowed to testify? They may have been able to prove otherwise.
rizzo

Shippensburg, PA

#8 May 1, 2008
why are some of you people defending the father?come on he shook his baby and now deserves to be butt raped in jail,and i hope it happends.anyone who can hurt a child deserves to rot in hell as far as im concerned,imagine what the mother is going through...and you want to defend the person who did this to her baby.
puzzlepeace

Pleasanton, TX

#9 May 6, 2008
wow, just read one article about this...

psychiatric evaluation needed on the mother.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gettysburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Feces-filled bucket left at Adams County home, ... 10 hr Stimpy 58
Best cell service in area? 10 hr Stimpy 10
News Biglerville man caught stealing woman's underwe... Jul 26 Doodooport 3
News Police: Mom, dad took kids along to drug deal (Apr '13) Jul 23 Davenport 19
News Former Gettysburg College professor gets prison... Jul 23 Davenport 1
Organized Criminal Gang Targeting Gettysburg Ar... (May '12) Jul 21 Steve Gratman 608
News Police: Woman stabbed 9 times near Gettysburg W... (Jun '08) Jul 21 Stimpy 25
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gettysburg Mortgages