Man, 42, in custody after exposing himself to a 9-year-old

Aug 7, 2013 Full story: ABC 27 55

Police say 42-year-old Charles Swartwood of Gettysburg is accused of exposing his genitals and performing a lewd act in front of a 9-year-old girl.

Read more
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Child Advocate

Brooklyn, NY

#50 Jan 10, 2014
Pink Eye wrote:
<quoted text>I thought locals stated there were no troubles/crimes in Gettysburg. Guess they lied......again
There has been a lot of child sexual abuse in the Gettysburg area recently.
Pink Eye

Emmaus, PA

#51 Jan 11, 2014
Child Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
There has been a lot of child sexual abuse in the Gettysburg area recently.
Maybe the right people are reporting it, instead of SOME locals who'd rather deny it
Ashamed of Gettysburg

Cambridge, MA

#52 Jan 12, 2014
Pink Eye wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe the right people are reporting it, instead of SOME locals who'd rather deny it
I went to college at Gettysburg, and I must say I am ashamed at the recent stuff going on. I expect this kind of stuff in a big city, but in a small town? It's unacceptable if people are ignoring it hoping it will go away.
Told you so

Philadelphia, PA

#53 Jan 13, 2014
Ashamed of Gettysburg wrote:
<quoted text>
I went to college at Gettysburg, and I must say I am ashamed at the recent stuff going on. I expect this kind of stuff in a big city, but in a small town? It's unacceptable if people are ignoring it hoping it will go away.
This type of stuff happens a lot in Gettysburg. I'm not going to list all of the cases, it's hard to remember all of them.
Steve Gratman

Philadelphia, PA

#54 Jan 14, 2014
Ashamed of Gettysburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Sickening. Disgusting. Gettysburg.

It's a shame how fast Gettysburg has gone downhill. There's a lot of crime down there in Gettysburg.
Steve Gratman

Philadelphia, PA

#55 Jan 14, 2014
Told you so wrote:
<quoted text>
This type of stuff happens a lot in Gettysburg. I'm not going to list all of the cases, it's hard to remember all of them.
Most, but not all of the child sex abuse cases in Gettysburg have been discussed here. Most towns Gettysburg's size have one or two crime stories and far more "feel-good" stories. Gettysburg has violent crime and child rape. It's sickening.

The list here of child sex abuse cases in Gettysburg is by no means exhaustive.
Davenport

Philadelphia, PA

#56 Jan 29, 2014
Steve Gratman wrote:
<quoted text>
Most, but not all of the child sex abuse cases in Gettysburg have been discussed here. Most towns Gettysburg's size have one or two crime stories and far more "feel-good" stories. Gettysburg has violent crime and child rape. It's sickening.
The list here of child sex abuse cases in Gettysburg is by no means exhaustive.
There's a lot of crime down there in Gettysburg.
EIC

Norwood, PA

#57 Jan 29, 2014
Davenport wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a lot of crime down there in Gettysburg.
It seems every year it keeps getting worse. Is it too late to save Gettysburg?
Casual Observer

Alexandria, VA

#58 Jan 29, 2014
There's a lot of imbeciles in here on Topix. It seems every year it keeps getting worse. Is it too late to save Topix?
Casual Observer

Philadelphia, PA

#59 Jan 30, 2014
Pink Eye wrote:
History and tourism is the only answer.
Borovent is a JOKE and those who run it are too.
A bunch of pretenders......
Took the liberty of posting this in the appropriate thread. Hail, hail the gang's all here! You're welcome! Topix, the kingdom of fools!
Steve Gratman

Philadelphia, PA

#61 Mar 11, 2014
EIC wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems every year it keeps getting worse. Is it too late to save Gettysburg?
Gettysburg is a crime-infested cesspool, 2 out of every 3 days a serious/violent crime occurs in Gettysburg. Just disgusting.

Gettysburg is also known as the Child Rape Capital of the United States.
wow just wow

San Mateo, CA

#65 Jun 5, 2014
Steve Gratman wrote:
<quoted text>
Gettysburg Man doing what Gettysburg Men do best: Child Rape or Other Forms of Sexual Abuse.
What is it about Gettysburg Men that makes them want to expose their erect genitals to 9 year-old girls and masturbate to climax? There's something pathological about the morals of this toilet of a borough.
Families should avoid Gettysburg, their children are likely to be raped or otherwise sexually abused in Gettysburg.
Gettysburg: The Child Rape Capital of the United States.
I don't know if I should be mad or sick to my stomach! Child abusers should be strung up and tortured!
Steve Gratman

Philadelphia, PA

#69 Jul 13, 2014
Typical Gettysburg Man, masturbating to climax in front of a 9 year-old girl.

What's wrong with this forsaken town?
Just a thought

Norwood, PA

#70 Sep 27, 2014
Gettysburg Rapes Children wrote:
<quoted text>
Another Gettysburg Man exposing his genitals to a 9 year-old girl and masturbating to climax in front of her. No surprise.
This is common in Gettysburg.
Costard

Philadelphia, PA

#72 Feb 4, 2015
Gettysburg has a lot of child sex abuse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gettysburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Half Pint Creamery plans second ice cream shop 3 hr Davenport 2
All By Myself 3 hr Davenport 10
Dine out for 19 cents 4 hr Gettysburg Sausage 29
News Gettysburg man gets jail sentence, deemed viole... (Apr '13) Mar 26 Queenie AC Native 189
News Police: Arrest made in Gettysburg stabbing Mar 26 Queenie AC Native 19
Poll Who is your favorite Topix Gettysburg poster? (Mar '14) Mar 26 Queenie AC Native 50
News Police: Illinois sex offender arrested in Getty... (Jul '13) Mar 25 Davenport 26
Gettysburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Gettysburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]