BusinessOwner

Huntington, WV

#43 Feb 16, 2012
Ummm...no, I don't assume the OPs story is true at all. As a matter of fact, I support the store credit solution.

I'm sorry, but you really don't understand my points. A few will, most won't. It's Huntington. I'm used to it. Sigh.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#44 Feb 16, 2012
Seriously Shannon...just own up to the fact that THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT. You bought something on a whim, and when you decided you didn't want them, you tried to get your money back.

Let me quote your original post:
"The other day, I made an impulse buy there of a pair of bongo drums that once I got them home I realized I didn't have the space for them and that I couldn't keep the cats off them. Less than 18 hours after purchasing them, I took them back to the store. They informed me when I walked through the door that they didn't take returns, and that they only did exchanges."

The customer service was only bad for you because you didn't get what you wanted. Welcome to the real world, lady. Take it as a lesson learned and own up to your mistake.
Rt 60 Music

Huntington, WV

#45 Feb 16, 2012
hmmm wrote:
I wouldn't go back either. I'd called my credit card company and did a charge back and told him to put them up his...(..o..)
This girl lied through her teeth. Know the truth.
Whine Wif Cheez

United States

#46 Feb 16, 2012
BusinessOwner wrote:
Ummm...no, I don't assume the OPs story is true at all. As a matter of fact, I support the store credit solution.
I'm sorry, but you really don't understand my points. A few will, most won't. It's Huntington. I'm used to it. Sigh.
You premised your post with, "I know nothing about the music store in question," but then went on a rant about local businesses in general.

It became less general when you brought up the "unprofessional behavior" of local businesses and mentioned lecturing customers (the very complaint in the OP) as such an example of said behavior.

You then closed with, "Keep right on lecturing us, Huntington business owners. It's working great so far, isn't it?"

Perhaps not generalizing to all local business owners the exact behavior exhibited (allegedly) by the music store owner would have made your post clearer.

I personally do not feel the owner should have taken the item back at all or given store credit.

Caveat emptor.
Rt 60 Music

Huntington, WV

#47 Feb 16, 2012
Shannon wrote:
<quoted text>
See that's ridiculous, I can't believe they are still in business.
We are still in business because these posts are NOT true. We NEVER cuss someone out the door. We try very hard to take GREAT care of our customers... however in 12 years I have had 2 instances where there was no pleasing the customer no matter what we would've done. I recommend those customers go see our competition. We always try to cultivate an atmosphere of kindness, caring and helpfulness here. We love music and are musicians first... But I've learned in my 36 years in the business that there are going to be some people who are unreasonable and somehow think they are more special than the rest of us and they will never be pleased with out some sort of special treatment.Thanks to all of our friends and customers and come let us help you make your music.
Rt 60 Music

Huntington, WV

#48 Feb 16, 2012
Darrin wrote:
Thank you for sharing! I will never go there again. A grown man talking to a woman like that is inexcusable. If they didn't take returns, they should have stated it before the transaction. He must hate his life after Christmas, when all people want to do is return gifts. Well I'm glad that you did get your money back.
Shannon's posts are BS! Talk to someone who really knows this store. She was totally unreasonable! Entitlement attitude. Big Time!!
Rt 60 Music

Huntington, WV

#49 Feb 16, 2012
TruthDealer wrote:
Mike and Paul and the people of RT 60 Music are good folks. It does seem that he probably shouldn't of been that rude to you, but honestly, you should know a store's return policy before purchasing something, especially a $700 piece of equipment. And in the end they did refund you, even though they didn't have to.
I'm sure they'll be just fine without you. Mack & Dave's has to be the crappiest music store in a 100 mile radius. They have guitars on the wall that have been there since the place was built. Whenever I want to step back into the 70s, I'll go have a visit.
I was not rude to her until she she pulled her attitude with me. Then they started cussing at me so I eventually cave just to get the negative people out of our store. Those of you out there who know us know this is bogus. A little girl who wasn't getting her way.
Rt 60 Music

Huntington, WV

#50 Feb 16, 2012
Darrin wrote:
Thank you for sharing! I will never go there again. A grown man talking to a woman like that is inexcusable. If they didn't take returns, they should have stated it before the transaction. He must hate his life after Christmas, when all people want to do is return gifts. Well I'm glad that you did get your money back.
Shannon's posts are mostly blatant lies, please remember there's two sides to every story! She's just a little girl who was having trouble getting her way so she has to make a scene. Consider the source before you believe this crap!
Rt 60 Music

Huntington, WV

#51 Feb 16, 2012
Darrin wrote:
Not only is it unbelievable..it's untrue!
Rt 60 Music

Huntington, WV

#52 Feb 16, 2012
[QUO

I am not looking to grow this store into a chain such as the Pied. And since the jokes on me...I'm laughing. I am not a very good businessman I admit...but I love music and I love helping people realize their music. I don't like people with attitude, liars, and folks who think they deserve special entitlements such as this Shannon girl. However I am a forgiving person so Shannon darlin' I forgive you for coming in here, acting like a jerk, cussing at me and demanding your money back because you changed your mind on a poorly thought out purchase.Peace ..love and forgiveness!
1 post removed
Rt 60 Music

Huntington, WV

#54 Feb 16, 2012
Shannon wrote:
Thanks for all your comments. I want to say first that I am all for local business. I watched my father's business fail because of pressure from more well funded competitors. It is not easy to go in business for yourself and I respect those who try which is why I went to Rt. 60 instead of ordering online. The return policy is listed on the register at Rt. 60 but what many of you failed to understand was I DIDN'T ASK FOR MY MONEY BACK INITIALLY. They cleanly state on the same piece of paper that they do exchanges for store credit meaning they would have gotten their product back and still got to keep my money. Even though I made a mistake with the purchase, in the end they would have still won had I received store credit.
This post had nothing to do with the quality of the store's inventory or the even the return policy, this is about customer service. Their customer service was terrible. They spoke to me like I was a dog and I was a semi-regular customer at that. I was warning the potential new customers who, like EVERYONE ELSE HAS AT ONE POINT OR ANOTHER might buy something they realize they shouldn't have and tries to take it back. A lecture and judgment is what you get with the exchange policy at Rt. 60.
Once again, an angry girls opinion... and the day before she was telling me how much she liked the service. Whatever!
BusinessOwner

Huntington, WV

#55 Feb 16, 2012
Whine Wif Cheez wrote:
<quoted text>
You premised your post with, "I know nothing about the music store in question," but then went on a rant about local businesses in general.
It became less general when you brought up the "unprofessional behavior" of local businesses and mentioned lecturing customers (the very complaint in the OP) as such an example of said behavior.
You then closed with, "Keep right on lecturing us, Huntington business owners. It's working great so far, isn't it?"
Perhaps not generalizing to all local business owners the exact behavior exhibited (allegedly) by the music store owner would have made your post clearer.
I personally do not feel the owner should have taken the item back at all or given store credit.
Caveat emptor.
I'm trying to understand your point in focussing on my particular posts. Do you think my statements have absolutely no validity at all? Maybe you could explain more simply so that I can understand where you're coming from on this. I admit I'm confused with what you're trying to say.
Darrin

New York, NY

#56 Feb 16, 2012
Rt 60 Music wrote:
<quoted text>Not only is it unbelievable..it's untrue!
I truly did not think this sounded like Route 60 music at all. I am relieved to see your side of the story because I
really didn't want to start driving out of my way to Pied Piper or Jungle Drums in Corridor G. I just cannot stand men disrespecting women in any way- happy that wasn't the case here and I'll be seeing you soon, as usual. Thanks for sharing.
BusinessOwner

Huntington, WV

#57 Feb 16, 2012
In my first post I said I know nothing of this music store...but if "Rt 60 Music" really is the actual owner...I think I can say that I am learning a great deal in here. If I'm ever asked what I know about the store someday, in the future, I will be honestly able to answer a little differently than "I know nothing".
Highwayman

Huntington, WV

#58 Feb 16, 2012
You retards whining about all of the proper crap like paragraphs are real losers ya know? And people hate fools like you. Most of us get on here to get a message across and are not trying to impress anyone while were doing it, and if something of mine isnt right I dont care and kiss my a$$ before you whine and sniffle about it. You ruin the conversation because we have to adress your B.S. Geesh... ANYHOW ABOUT THE MUSIC STORE (Geesh..children ya know..) If there is a sign that says "we do not give payment back for returns but we will redeem returned items for store credit" he could probably get away with it but if not I would think he would have to give your money back to you. And the way this a-hole acted I would have accidentally knocked something over on my way out. Thanks for the info for I will spread it around because thats a crappy way to do business and I hope he goes tits-up. So how do you doo-gooders like my paragraphs? lol. fools.
Rt 60 music

Delaware, OH

#59 Feb 16, 2012
Disregard that, I suck cox
Whine Wif Cheez

United States

#60 Feb 16, 2012
BusinessOwner wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm trying to understand your point in focussing on my particular posts. Do you think my statements have absolutely no validity at all? Maybe you could explain more simply so that I can understand where you're coming from on this. I admit I'm confused with what you're trying to say.
I understand what you were trying to say.

In context, it appeared that you were taking this music store and lumping it in with the business practices of other businesses you may have dealt with in the area.

Specifically citing lectures was odd since that was what the OP mentioned. Then ending your post by mentioning lectures once more was confusing. I have never personally witnessed an owner lecturing a customer, nor have ever been lectured by a local business owner.

Hopefully you can see that the context would lead a reader to that conclusion and that it just is not an issue with tri-staters in general being afflicted with the inability to decipher your meaning.
DoWhatNow

Huntington, WV

#61 Feb 16, 2012
Highwayman wrote:
You retards whining about all of the proper crap like paragraphs are real losers ya know? And people hate fools like you. Most of us get on here to get a message across and are not trying to impress anyone while were doing it, and if something of mine isnt right I dont care and kiss my a$$ before you whine and sniffle about it. You ruin the conversation because we have to adress your B.S. Geesh... ANYHOW ABOUT THE MUSIC STORE (Geesh..children ya know..) If there is a sign that says "we do not give payment back for returns but we will redeem returned items for store credit" he could probably get away with it but if not I would think he would have to give your money back to you. And the way this a-hole acted I would have accidentally knocked something over on my way out. Thanks for the info for I will spread it around because thats a crappy way to do business and I hope he goes tits-up. So how do you doo-gooders like my paragraphs? lol. fools.
Who's whining about proper grammar? Did I miss something?
Whine Wif Cheez

United States

#62 Feb 16, 2012
DoWhatNow wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's whining about proper grammar? Did I miss something?
I am not sure, but he mentions both crap and doo in his rant.

I think it is safe to say he is a fecalpheliac.
Shannon

United States

#63 Feb 16, 2012
All this from you has proven my point. After I saw over a half dozen comments from you Rt. 60 I'm pretty sure no one would have trouble believing you overreacted and were rude. All the ones after that were just gravy, so thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gerrardstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Healthcare Fraud 4 min CONGRATULATIONS M... 36
Cabelas rumor 1 hr Spector 21
Amy sleeps with all the taxi drivers 2 hr just saying 4
Chandra Ross (Feb '14) 2 hr DaBigBlock 44
Martin/Lemaster - Shame on the police and prose... 4 hr Nog 380
New Pawn Shop is Dead 5 hr Bill Hilly 9
News Search for missing Huntington woman moves to Oh... 5 hr old friend 1
More from around the web

Gerrardstown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE