FOX6 Investigators: Hunt for a Killer

Full story: Fox6

Despite what you see on prime time dramas, it's usually pretty easy to figure out who committed a murder.
Comments
1 - 20 of 42 Comments Last updated Jul 10, 2014
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ApriSieracki

Oak Creek, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2010

Judged:

I was married to Steve Sieracki, and this murder has always disturbed him. I am so happy to see it aired. I am wandering if the sherrif' s detectives would consider bringing in the psychic-detectives; this maybe would narrow the search or could shine light on where else they might be able look for answers. I really believe this should be tried. I had partied at the Sieracki "gate" with steve and a man named Jim Binder when we had to leave to go elsewhere because the sensation of a presence was overwellming. I was 17 yrs. old then. It was probably 2-3 years prior to that when the murder occurred. Steve has always said he has a feeling he knows the person that did this, and even that he felt like someone was trying to frame him. Please consider using phsychic detectives. I just know it will help.
Schmit

Kenosha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2010

In watching the Fox 6 News at 9 last evening it seemed to me the detectives were painting a less than pretty picture of Traci and her social habits . I knew that whole crowd and recognized most of the names that were mentioned and I also new Traci's boyfriend Glen . Traci's social habits mimicked those of most all the other girls that were around at the time , wanting to be part of what was happening , to be part of the crowd . In my opinion Traci was not a drunk or drug head , just trying to fit in with the crowd .
I think now as I did then that it's very strange that Traci would walk from Port Washington to Saukville to get home . If I remember right that would have been a 5 - 6 mile hike in the Fall at night . Traci knew enough people that a phone call would have gotten her a ride .
Hopefully the Fox 6 report on Traci will jog other peoples memories of the events of that time and something new will turn up to help solve this murder case .
jlu

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2010

i agree i think a phsycic could be helpful. Lets do whatever it take. i think brian & his crew did a wonderful job & i pray it serves its purpose. traci, mom dad i know you know now what happen but its time the world knows & justice is served. love you
mts 1978

Grafton, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2010

i often wondered if her murder was related to Wendy Smith. The papers always said how the two girls were friends. And how the bodies were found in the same way. I thought Wendy's killer was caught, maybe not. Its scary.
adjs

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2010

it is very disturbing and unsettling to think that someone with this demeanor is still free. I would like to try to find someone that is able to speak/contact the spirit world and possibly we can get a name or description, or info. on where to search for more physical evidence. Please contact Lt. Taylor for my personal info. I have already talked with him. Hope to hear from you. Peace.
adjs

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2010

call me a.s.p. Jeff, if you are looking please contact me. as
hmmmmmmmm

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2010

Judged:

sounds like the perfect murder, if it was a cop trying to lead everyone astray on a druggy hunt. I would check out the police on duty,saukville, port, sherriff. I am sure that employees of the sherriff and police at that time did not submit DNA samples since there wasn't DNA testing back then. Check it out, please. She took a ride from someone she would have trusted. who doesn't trust a cop. It would be the perfect throw-off with the drugs. It may not have been related at all.
atvrider

Hartland, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2010

mts 1978 wrote:
i often wondered if her murder was related to Wendy Smith. The papers always said how the two girls were friends. And how the bodies were found in the same way. I thought Wendy's killer was caught, maybe not. Its scary.
Wendy's killer was caught...can't remember his name at the moment.
Jay

Random Lake, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2010

jlu wrote:
i agree i think a phsycic could be helpful. Lets do whatever it take. i think brian & his crew did a wonderful job & i pray it serves its purpose. traci, mom dad i know you know now what happen but its time the world knows & justice is served. love you
I was 14 years old when this happened and it scared me pretty hard.....to the point where I was afraid to go outside. I stayed with my grandma on the weekends on Pleasant Valley rd only a mile away from where Traci was found. I was working for my Dad at a restaurant in Grafton when I first saw the first flyers that were circulated and I couldn't believe that could happen so close to home. Since then, I have OFTEN thought of her and will NEVER forget her name and the picture of her on that flyer. I am so glad that FOX aired that segment with the new technology they're using that wasn't available then. Hopefully closure will be in the near future! RIP Traci Lynn Hammerberg.
jlu

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2010

jay thank you its nice to know traci hasnt been forgotten people remember & still care its comfortting to know that i will continue to pray that the case gets closed god bless
Bryan Polcyn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2010

Thanks for the comments, everyone. And keep them coming. I would like nothing more than to see Traci's killer brought to justice - that's the whole point of us putting the time we did into the story.

To clarify a couple of things:

1) Tom Kirsch was convicted of killing Wendy Smith. Detectives say they are certain the two murders are not linked, despite the incredible coincidence of timing. I'm pretty sure Kirsch's DNA has been tested and eliminated in the Hammerberg case.

2) By all accounts, Traci was indeed a "party girl." However, Ozaukee County detectives also made a concerted effort to point out that Traci was a very nice, well-liked, fun-loving person. I can see now that I failed to let that point come through. So, if anyone's to blame for a mischaracterization of Traci, pin it on me.

By the way, the story will air again tomorrow night (Saturday Feb. 6) at 9pm. Keep the comments coming, and hopefully this will lead somewhere after all this time.

Bryan Polcyn
FOX 6 Investigators
windowpane920

Wild Rose, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2010

The "drug" connection hasn't seemed to have gotten the detectives very far in the last 26 years. Have other scenerios been explored? Traci knew the "adult children" at the residence and could have brought the suspect there? A crime of opportunity on a dark curvy driveway?
Has the DNA been tested with the states DNA data base of convicted felons? If so does this mean the suspect has never been arrested in the past? more questions then answers...
Wondering

Mukwonago, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

Judged:

What I can't figure out is why Fox 6 chose to show pictures of CLEARED suspects. It seems to me they could have just said they had many suspects who were eventually cleared rather than expose their faces to public scrutiny. One of those CLEARED suspects wasn't even in Wisconsin at the time of the murder but yet his picture was flashed for all to see. What a shock it was to see his face on TV in connection to something as horrible as this. I'm sure the other CLEARED suspects had the same feelings. It's just too bad Fox 6 didn't take that into consideration.
Koco

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

atvrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Wendy Smith's killer is Thomas Kirsch and he is still in jail for his crime.
hmmmmmmmm

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2010

What is going on with the case lately. Could someone please contact a psychic!!! Too pricy for my pocket book.
OnTheBorder

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2010

Judged:

hmmmmmmmm wrote:
sounds like the perfect murder, if it was a cop trying to lead everyone astray on a druggy hunt. I would check out the police on duty,saukville, port, sherriff. I am sure that employees of the sherriff and police at that time did not submit DNA samples since there wasn't DNA testing back then. Check it out, please. She took a ride from someone she would have trusted. who doesn't trust a cop. It would be the perfect throw-off with the drugs. It may not have been related at all.
I, for one, DO NOT "trust" cops! i have seen cops, time and time again, being arrested for crimes, including drugs, armed robbery, child molestation, aiding and abetting criminal enterprizes, and an assortment of other crimes! so go ahead and trust your cops! that is exactly what they want!
hmmmmmmmm

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2010

Judged:

I truely believe I have psychic abilities and she is tellin me they need to test all officers that were currently working and 1 1/2 years prior to her MURDER. I know it is a cop cause when the thought came in my head I said out loud "it was a cop!" and she shook me and said "yes, yes, you got it!! Tell someone. Tell someone! Tell Someone!! And then I felt really creepy like who am I suppose to tell? So I called the FBI in Milwaukee and told them why I thought an outside agency should be investigating it. I also sent her the video from Fox 6. Haven't heard anything since. Honestly, I felt like the Murderer was going to come after me because of my thoughts. I felt threatened all of a sudden the last time I sent some info. So, I put it into there hands. And I did tell her I think it's definitely a cop. Just for the simple fact that the cops were not DNA tested back then, and who else would have been able to flee the law for all this time?. Especially if this person could commit a crime like this? You mean this guy has been law abiding ever since? Not very likely if you look at the way she was brutally MURDERED!!!!!!! It would be impoible for a person of this nature to never repeat acts of violence. I don't thinkso, anyway.
BonnieT

Hartland, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2010

atvrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Wendy was murdered By Tom Kirsch and has been and will always be locked up he is insane and her family always goes to his parole hearings and he will never be let out.
hmmmmmmmm

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2010

Judged:

BonnieT wrote:
<quoted text> Wendy was murdered By Tom Kirsch and has been and will always be locked up he is insane and her family always goes to his parole hearings and he will never be let out.
I Know youre wrong! He has been tested and He IS NOT The 1!!!! I Know IT!
hmmmmmmmm

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2010

Judged:

You ARE Wrong!! He has been tested and I Know You are wrong!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Germantown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Germantown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Germantown News, Events & Info