Parent of kindergartner with lice 'fe...

Parent of kindergartner with lice 'fed up' with school officials

There are 13 comments on the Middletown Journal story from Jan 17, 2012, titled Parent of kindergartner with lice 'fed up' with school officials. In it, Middletown Journal reports that:

A mother of a kindergartner in the Middletown City Schools District is upset how her daughter's lice is being handled.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Middletown Journal.

Isis

United States

#1 Jan 18, 2012
Hope she doesn't get Monroe infested with her filth! Kids spread out all over? Bet she gathers them all together at tax time! Child tax credits pay well! WE ARE MONROE!!
Southern Lady

United States

#2 Feb 4, 2012
Don't know who you are talking about and don't care. Lice isn't from filth. It's an opportunistic little parasite that can be picked up when trying on clothes for heavens sake! Even new clothes that someone else has tried on.
Paw

North Lewisburg, OH

#3 Feb 7, 2012
It is not the schools fault. Seems you are blaming them. A lot of schools have it at some point. They do check kids when one in a room has been found to have it. It is up to the parents to stay on top of this.
I just do not see how you could blame the schools.
Southern Lady

United States

#4 Feb 8, 2012
Sounds like she has an anger issue.
Swat Team

Cincinnati, OH

#5 Feb 8, 2012
Franklin is full of lice infested kids and always has been
paw

North Lewisburg, OH

#7 Feb 13, 2012
Be happy it is not bedbugs. Lice has always been a problem in schools but at least it is a problem that can be resolved quickly.
stfu

Cardington, OH

#8 Feb 15, 2012
test
Amy

La Vergne, TN

#9 Jul 8, 2018
I went through this problem in the 80ís not everyone always follows procedures.other things that can create problems is the bugs are becoming resistant to the shampoos. Lice self pregnate and all it takes is for one egg to hatch out and you still have your problem. Shampoos donít always penetrate eggs. Beats me why some schools allow kids back in with nits and some donít. My problem was they werenít checking a neighborhood kid which also sat next to my child on the bus. This kid moved in from another city and had problems frequently, health department stepped in. They now have lice clinics but Iím wondering why the public canít buy the machine themselves.
Amy

La Vergne, TN

#10 Jul 8, 2018
Years ago DDT was used and they were kept more under control until it was banned, so it was more rare to encounter it.
tom

Charleston, WV

#11 Aug 27, 2018
bet u shes the 1 who says her kid startin kidney garten dam she make me sick
Juan Carlos

United States

#12 Aug 30, 2018
Not to mention kids moving in from other countries carrying all kinds of diseases and parasites!
Amy

La Vergne, TN

#13 Oct 1, 2018
I guess it would be to much of a burden and expense to check every new student who enters a school and do periodic head checks on everyone. Some people because of shame keep it hidden so as a result people arnít warned to check who their sit or play with. Just call the school nurse and let them know theyíre not allowed to give out names. There classroom and kids they sit with on bus should be checked give them the names of neighborhood kids they play with also. If you donít do this then the odds are great it might come back to haunt you. Theyíre also suppose to clean lockers and classroom.
Alphabetty

Monroe, OH

#14 Oct 7, 2018
When my daughter was attending Carlisle primary school she pretty much had it for 3 years. I called the nurse and asked if they still did head checks. I was told that once a month they would pick 1 random kid from each grade. I had treated her so often that her louse were immune to everything, the nurse even brought stuff to my house to try.I gave her names of the neighborhood kids that I knew for a fact had it but had junkie parents that didnt care. My friend was babysitting the other day and was going to braid the little girls hair. As soon as sje started she had to stop bc the amount of adult bugs crawling around. We slathered her head with coconut oil for 4hrs and it didn't phase them at all. I went to cvs bought the giant bottle of hand sanitizer and again covered her head the little bastards died instantly. It doesn't effect the "nit glue" but tea tree oil does. So do yourself a favor and buy a cheap bottle of tea tree oil and pour it into the shampoo bottle use it regularly and lice will no longer be an issue. Sorry for the long post but I wanted to share a method that has never failed me, and in case you're wondering the sanitizer dries quickly and leaves your hair feeling super soft and clean.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Germantown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cute blonde in 11th street???? Dec 7 Asking for a friend 2
Some one over dosed today on navaho st Dec 6 Brian amy 1
looking for an old friend she used to be teresa... (Jun '09) Dec 3 Iknow 7
What was the name of the cheap old Gorcery Stor... (Nov '17) Dec 1 Brother John 3
Wheelersburg Pirates Nov 11 Maddie Backer 1
Matt pence Nov 11 Momma 1
James Banner how are you Oct '18 Wondering 1

Germantown Jobs

Personal Finance

Germantown Mortgages