Where McDonald's wages start near $15...

“Government IS the problem.”

Since: Jan 08

Chico, CA

#182 Aug 16, 2013
Godfrey wrote:
Let's get something straight. The only greedy today are those in Government. They are the privileged class. They want to help the poor with the money they steal from the just about poor. Then they take that money and steal it again from those they say they want to help. Liars and thieves.
True.
Steve

Sloughhouse, CA

#183 Aug 16, 2013
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
I used to be as bright as you at one time and used to think (if we can call it that) the same way you do today.
But one day I woke up and realized that in my enterprise of those days someone else was doing all the hard work and I was benefiting disproportionately off their labor.
SOLUTION always tears your so called "complex ideas" to pieces because your so called ideas never extend much beyond justifying the avarice of the wealthy at the expense of the true wealth producers.


avarice:
insatiable greed for riches; inordinate, miserly desire to gain and hoard wealth.
Thanx Grandpa, I learned a new word. Can we apply this to all those that buy lottery tickets, or just the ones that win ?
Local

Hidden Valley Lake, CA

#184 Aug 16, 2013
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
But they sure laugh all the way to the bank every single day knowing there is no shortage of lilliputian minds like yours and SAMS whose sole raison de vivre is to root for the rich at the expense of your own well being.
Oh, You are talking about these folks, yes?
12,338
retired California government workers
receive pensions in excess of $100,000
from CalPERS
They're all listed here.
http://www.fixpensionsfirst.com/calpers2012/
6,609
retired California State Teachers
receive pensions in excess of $100,000
from CalSTRS
They're all listed here.
http://www.fixpensionsfirst.com/calstrs-datab...
2,129
retired University of California Employees
receive pensions in excess of $100,000
from the University of California Retirement
http://www.fixpensionsfirst.com/uc2012/
These are only the hundred thousand plus per year club. There are many, many more millionaires retired from "public service" who were made wealthy off of the backs of the average worker in Calif.....
Local

Hidden Valley Lake, CA

#185 Aug 16, 2013
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
avarice:
insatiable greed for riches; inordinate, miserly desire to gain and hoard wealth.
Thanx Grandpa, I learned a new word. Can we apply this to all those that buy lottery tickets, or just the ones that win ?
How's this for avarice?

receive pensions in excess of $100,000
from CalPERS

THE TOP 10 LIST
Name Monthly Annual Employer

Name Monthly Annual Employer
Johnson, Michael, D $30,920.24 $371,042.88 County Of Solano
Hurst, Robert $27,377.08 $328,524.96 Jrs San Diego County Superior Court
Fuster, Joaquin, M $26,226.08 $314,712.96 University Of California At Los Angeles
Gerth, Donald, R $24,590.52 $295,086.24 California State University At Sacramento
Garrett, William $24,129.46 $289,553.52 City Of El Cajon
Ream, David, N $23,375.33 $280,503.96 City Of Santa Ana
Stahl, James, F $23,289.98 $279,479.76 Los Angeles County Sanitation District No. 2
Schlag, John, D $22,604.16 $271,249.92 University Of California At Los Angeles
Southard, Glenn, D $22,596.42 $271,157.04 City Of Indio
Adams, Randy, G $22,347.94 $268,175.28 City Of Bell
http://www.fixpensionsfirst.com/calpers2012/
Local

Hidden Valley Lake, CA

#186 Aug 16, 2013
more public employee avarice:

receive pensions in excess of $100,000
from CalSTRS
Name Monthly Annual Employer
Enochs, James C $25,172.01 $302,064.12 Modesto City Elementary
Bray, Richard E $24,954.95 $299,459.40 Tustin Unified
Wentworth, Fredrick $24,683.76 $296,205.12 San Joaquin County Office Of Education
Hernandez Jr, Edward $24,334.99 $292,019.88 Rancho Santiago Ccd
Shattuck, Virginia J $24,026.22 $288,314.64 Norwalk-La Mirada Unified
Jaque-Anton, Donnalyn E $23,466.87 $281,602.44 Lausd
Smith, James F $23,072.96 $276,875.52 Evergreen Elementary
Rainey, Susan J $22,583.08 $270,996.96 Riverside Unified
Miller, Marilyn L $22,386.55 $268,638.60 Hillsborough City Elementary
Vandermolen, Johanna A $22,260.10 $267,121.20 Campbell Union Elementary
http://www.fixpensionsfirst.com/calstrs-datab...
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#187 Aug 16, 2013
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
How's this for avarice?
receive pensions in excess of $100,000
from CalPERS
THE TOP 10 LIST
Name Monthly Annual Employer
Name Monthly Annual Employer
Johnson, Michael, D $30,920.24 $371,042.88 County Of Solano
Hurst, Robert $27,377.08 $328,524.96 Jrs San Diego County Superior Court
Fuster, Joaquin, M $26,226.08 $314,712.96 University Of California At Los Angeles
Gerth, Donald, R $24,590.52 $295,086.24 California State University At Sacramento
Garrett, William $24,129.46 $289,553.52 City Of El Cajon
Ream, David, N $23,375.33 $280,503.96 City Of Santa Ana
Stahl, James, F $23,289.98 $279,479.76 Los Angeles County Sanitation District No. 2
Schlag, John, D $22,604.16 $271,249.92 University Of California At Los Angeles
Southard, Glenn, D $22,596.42 $271,157.04 City Of Indio
Adams, Randy, G $22,347.94 $268,175.28 City Of Bell
http://www.fixpensionsfirst.com/calpers2012/
>
>
You are talking peanuts...

I am referring to folks that rake in much more than that an hour...

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2013/04/15/pay-st...
Local

Hidden Valley Lake, CA

#188 Aug 16, 2013
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
You are talking peanuts...
I am referring to folks that rake in much more than that an hour...
http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2013/04/15/pay-st...
peanuts?
The unfunded liability for these public employee retirees is estimated to be in the $500 billion range......and that money comes directly from the pockets of taxpayers....everyday....no choice.
The avarice of some of these so-called public servants is dispicable.
You really don't have a clue, do you?
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#189 Aug 16, 2013
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
peanuts?
The unfunded liability for these public employee retirees is estimated to be in the $500 billion range......and that money comes directly from the pockets of taxpayers....everyday....no choice.
The avarice of some of these so-called public servants is dispicable.
You really don't have a clue, do you?
>
>
Save the word avarice for the truly avaricious, not a single one of those retirees rakes in over a billion per year...

Besides, whatever those retirees are entitled to has been negotiated and approved in good faith by publicly elected officials...

The employees did their part and you best be prepared to dig deep into your wallet to pay the contractual obligations otherwise you are just another deadbeat...
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#190 Aug 16, 2013
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
avarice:
insatiable greed for riches; inordinate, miserly desire to gain and hoard wealth.
Thanx Grandpa, I learned a new word. Can we apply this to all those that buy lottery tickets, or just the ones that win ?
>
>
Glad you learned a new word STEVE...

I would not apply the word avarice to the lottery players because most of them are dreamers unlikely to win more than $10 bucks...and from what I read about some of the winner, a large proportion of them turn out to be generous people who help out their friends, neighbors and there communities much more so than do the truly avaricious who stash their money in offshore accounts....
Tea Party Solution

Redding, CA

#191 Aug 16, 2013
Sam Lowree wrote:
<quoted text>
True.
Godfrey wrote:
"Let's get something straight. The only greedy today are those in Government. They are the privileged class. They want to help the poor with the money they steal from the just about poor. Then they take that money and steal it again from those they say they want to help. Liars and thieves."

And Sam responded simply with "True".

Wow. That's the extent of your complex and deep thinking? So Bernie Madoff wasn't greedy because he wasn't part of the government? You guys are impossible to have an intelligent conversation with-- because you have no intelligence.
TWP

Wichita Falls, TX

#192 Aug 16, 2013
Hey Tea Party Solution...

Serious question here...

Do YOU believe that amassing a $100 Million Dollar Fortune is GREEDY...?

Do YOU believe that someone who claims to make $250,000.00 "on any day" is GREEDY...?

Answer: No if it is my Master "GRANDPA NICOLAI"...!

You are such a hypocrite...!
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#193 Aug 16, 2013
Tea Party Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
Godfrey wrote:
"Let's get something straight. The only greedy today are those in Government. They are the privileged class. They want to help the poor with the money they steal from the just about poor. Then they take that money and steal it again from those they say they want to help. Liars and thieves."
And Sam responded simply with "True".
Wow. That's the extent of your complex and deep thinking? So Bernie Madoff wasn't greedy because he wasn't part of the government? You guys are impossible to have an intelligent conversation with-- because you have no intelligence.
>
>
They are "deep thinkers" alright, and the more BS they spread the deeper their thoughts are...
TWP

Wichita Falls, TX

#194 Aug 16, 2013
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
the more BS......
Hey "GRANDPA NICOLAI"...

Serious question here...

Do YOU believe that amassing a $100 Million Dollar Fortune is GREEDY...?

Do YOU believe that someone who claims to make $250,000.00 "on any day" is GREEDY...?

Answer: No... BECAUSE I AM AN IMMORTAL GOD... JUST LIKE ZEUS!!!!

You are such a hypocrite...!
Tea Party Solution

Chico, CA

#195 Aug 16, 2013
Sam Lowree wrote:
<quoted text>
It is no oneís business what any employer pays any employee. Wages are a contract for labor entered into FREELY by both parties.
It's ALL of our business in a democratic and FREE society to ensure that workers can earn a livable wage. History has shown repeatedly that wealth and political power begets more of the same. And poverty begets more poverty. Your simpleton idea of a 'free-marketplace' ignores reality.

And it is NOT freedom for us taxpayers when we have to pay Medicaid and food stamp support to Walmart workers because they are not paid enough by Walmart to survive.
Sam Lowree wrote:
<Not necessarily. Prices are determined by the market.
Your simplistic notion of the 'law' of supply and demand is an 1800's theory that could not take into consideration the global economy that we have now.
Sam Lowree wrote:
<Donít be daft. There are some who are truly in need. Most Americans donít mind helping the needy we donít like to help the greedy or stupid.
For a guy who has said that he makes all of 50K a year you are certainly an unlikely elitist. If we are going to eliminate the 'greedy' from government help then the first on the list should be the Waltons.

And if we're going to eliminate the 'stupids'... well, in your world, I guess that anyone making less than your 50K a year would be categorically stupid. But how about Michelle Bachmann-- her family receives 'government assistance' through farm subsidies, and she's certifiably stupid.

I remember in another post that you said you didn't dislike poor people-- you DESPISED them.

What a guy.
Tree Frog

Redding, CA

#196 Aug 16, 2013
Your simplistic notion of the 'law' of supply and demand is an 1800's theory that could not take into consideration the global economy that we have now.
How so I say ?

In microeconomics, supply and demand is an economic model of price determination in a market. It concludes that in a competitive market, the unit price for a particular good will vary until it settles at a point where the quantity demanded by consumers (at current price) will equal the quantity supplied by producers (at current price), resulting in an economic equilibrium for price and quantity.

The four basic laws of supply and demand are:
1.If demand increases and supply remains unchanged, a shortage occurs, leading to a higher equilibrium price.
2.If demand decreases and supply remains unchanged, a surplus occurs, leading to a lower equilibrium price.
3.If demand remains unchanged and supply increases, a surplus occurs, leading to a lower equilibrium price.
4.If demand remains unchanged and supply decreases, a shortage occurs, leading to a higher equilibrium price.
Tea Party Solution

Chico, CA

#197 Aug 16, 2013
Tree Frog wrote:
Your simplistic notion of the 'law' of supply and demand is an 1800's theory that could not take into consideration the global economy that we have now.
How so I say ?
In microeconomics, supply and demand is an economic model of price determination in a market. It concludes that in a competitive market, the unit price for a particular good will vary until it settles at a point where the quantity demanded by consumers (at current price) will equal the quantity supplied by producers (at current price), resulting in an economic equilibrium for price and quantity.
Nice, textbook description of supply and demand.

In the real world, when we view the fairness and equality of a 'free market-place', we have to look at the huge influence of multinational corporations.

Multinational corporations are monopolistic. They don't want a level-playing field, nor competition. They want to control the marketplace, and they're doing just that.

The big financial companies, big oil and coal, health insurers, pharmaceuticals, agricultural, big box department stores, grocery chains-- on and on- use their wealth, power, and political clout to get rid of the smaller competition.

In Chico what cable provider competes with Comcast, for example. Does PG&E have any competition around here? Nationally, what new oil companies can compete with Exxon, BP, and a few others? Monsanto owns 40% of the seed production globally, and fights in the courts to keep this oligopoly.

Yes, we consumers can choose which product we wish to purchase. But how competitive are our choices REALLY?

“Government IS the problem.”

Since: Jan 08

Chico, CA

#198 Aug 16, 2013
Tea Party Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. That's the extent of your complex and deep thinking? So Bernie Madoff wasn't greedy because he wasn't part of the government? You guys are impossible to have an intelligent conversation with-- because you have no intelligence.
Who is greedier? Someone who earns their own money through their hard work, intelligence or just plain luck or the politician who takes money from others to enrich himself?

“Government IS the problem.”

Since: Jan 08

Chico, CA

#199 Aug 16, 2013
Tea Party Solution wrote:
<quoted text>

I remember in another post that you said you didn't dislike poor people-- you DESPISED them.
What a guy.
You must have me confused with someone else.

“Government IS the problem.”

Since: Jan 08

Chico, CA

#200 Aug 16, 2013
Tree Frog wrote:
Your simplistic notion of the 'law' of supply and demand is an 1800's theory that could not take into consideration the global economy that we have now.
How so I say ?
In microeconomics, supply and demand is an economic model of price determination in a market. It concludes that in a competitive market, the unit price for a particular good will vary until it settles at a point where the quantity demanded by consumers (at current price) will equal the quantity supplied by producers (at current price), resulting in an economic equilibrium for price and quantity.
The four basic laws of supply and demand are:
1.If demand increases and supply remains unchanged, a shortage occurs, leading to a higher equilibrium price.
2.If demand decreases and supply remains unchanged, a surplus occurs, leading to a lower equilibrium price.
3.If demand remains unchanged and supply increases, a surplus occurs, leading to a lower equilibrium price.
4.If demand remains unchanged and supply decreases, a shortage occurs, leading to a higher equilibrium price.
Unless there is government interference in the market.

“Government IS the problem.”

Since: Jan 08

Chico, CA

#201 Aug 16, 2013
Tea Party Solution wrote:
<quoted text>

The big financial companies, big oil and coal, health insurers, pharmaceuticals, agricultural, big box department stores, grocery chains-- on and on- use their wealth, power, and political clout to get rid of the smaller competition.
In Chico what cable provider competes with Comcast, for example. Does PG&E have any competition around here? Nationally, what new oil companies can compete with Exxon, BP, and a few others? Monsanto owns 40% of the seed production globally, and fights in the courts to keep this oligopoly.
Yes, we consumers can choose which product we wish to purchase. But how competitive are our choices REALLY?
And why do we not have the choices that we deserve? Why can't we choose a different energy provider than PGE? If the government opened up the market and allowed competition it would be better for everyone involved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gerber Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Glad The Russians Won Elec 4 Trump 9 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 8
Sean Hannity's Mom won't look at him. She pukes... 9 hr BadHairLifeSean 6
The eternal question about liberalism? 10 hr bob is a sick lib 1
A Face Even A Mother Would Cringe At 10 hr bob is a sick lib 2
Trump Budget to Granny; No Medicare, No Food St... 12 hr bob is a sick lib 2
Trump's COMRADE FLYNN gets 2 More Subpoenas! 15 hr CitizenRadicalPerv 3
It's Confirmed, All ConservaTURD RepubliKLAN Is... 16 hr FakeFoxNewsLIES 1

Gerber Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gerber Mortgages