First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Steve

Chico, CA

#1 May 9, 2013
By the 12th anniversary of Sept. 11 this year, Chico firefighters hope to have a memorial established at which to pay their respects.
Capt. Dave Main, of the Chico chapter of the International Association of Firefighters, shared his vision Wednesday with the Arts Commission, which gave unanimous approval for the concept. Pending approval by the city manager, the piece should be installed later this year at Fire Station 5 near the entrance to upper Bidwell Park.
I think the memorial should be placed at City Plaza where more people can see it and not placed at the Fire Station as a new parking lot would need to be constructed. The downtown location for the memorial would help downtown business owners. The fire fighters could pay their respect at the downtown City Plaza.
A Toad Roady

Lincoln, CA

#2 May 12, 2013
Steve wrote:
By the 12th anniversary of Sept. 11 this year, Chico firefighters hope to have a memorial established at which to pay their respects.
Capt. Dave Main, of the Chico chapter of the International Association of Firefighters, shared his vision Wednesday with the Arts Commission, which gave unanimous approval for the concept. Pending approval by the city manager, the piece should be installed later this year at Fire Station 5 near the entrance to upper Bidwell Park.
I think the memorial should be placed at City Plaza where more people can see it and not placed at the Fire Station as a new parking lot would need to be constructed. The downtown location for the memorial would help downtown business owners. The fire fighters could pay their respect at the downtown City Plaza.
First, let me start by saying firefighters are heroes! They put their lives on the line for us more often than the cops do.

My hatís off to all the Firefighters, Coast Guard, Forest/Park Rangers, Fish & Wildlife Officers and people in the medical profession like EMTís, doctors and nurses.

Next, the memorial needs to be where itíll get the most exposure!
Hit Me

Chico, CA

#3 May 12, 2013
Dave Main?! The highest paid city employee?! This guy makes almost $300,000 a year as a firefighter. Not the chief. A firefighter.

Huh?
A Toad Roady

Lincoln, CA

#4 May 12, 2013
Hit Me wrote:
Dave Main?! The highest paid city employee?! This guy makes almost $300,000 a year as a firefighter. Not the chief. A firefighter.
Huh?
I doubt he makes that much. What's your source? Even if he does make that much saving peoples lives it's small potatoes compared to what sports players make. And compare those wages to what freaks like mutt rummy get for raping American workers.

Fire fighters are heroes, corporate raiders are scum.
Wife of Firefighter

Chico, CA

#5 May 12, 2013
A Toad Roady wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt he makes that much. What's your source? Even if he does make that much saving peoples lives it's small potatoes compared to what sports players make. And compare those wages to what freaks like mutt rummy get for raping American workers.
Fire fighters are heroes, corporate raiders are scum.
Firefighters are heroes, but not all corporations are not scum.
A Toad Roady

Lincoln, CA

#6 May 13, 2013
Wife of Firefighter wrote:
<quoted text>
Firefighters are heroes, but not all corporations are not scum.
No, not all corporations are run by scum. But there are a high percentage that are.

Ever heard of Maxxam, or Enron to name a couple? How about Briggs and Stratton and Bain Capital? Or PG&E?

Yes, there are good business, companies/corporations out there but there are bad ones also!
Progun

Chico, CA

#7 May 14, 2013
A Toad Roady wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not all corporations are run by scum. But there are a high percentage that are.
Ever heard of Maxxam, or Enron to name a couple? How about Briggs and Stratton and Bain Capital? Or PG&E?
Yes, there are good business, companies/corporations out there but there are bad ones also!
You are a fkn retard. Do you not have any idea how stupid you sound?
Crickets

Williams, CA

#8 May 14, 2013
Progun wrote:
<quoted text>You are a fkn retard. Do you not have any idea how stupid you sound?
How stupid he sounds??????

You are the one that responded with a personal insult rather than a rebuttal of his points. That is the epitome of a stupid response.

And even worse...that is your M.O. the vast majority of your posts are either a personal insult (if you disagree with someone) or a declaration that your own opinion is correct....with nothing at all to back it up.
A Toad Roady

Sacramento, CA

#9 May 14, 2013
Crickets wrote:
<quoted text>
How stupid he sounds??????
You are the one that responded with a personal insult rather than a rebuttal of his points. That is the epitome of a stupid response.
And even worse...that is your M.O. the vast majority of your posts are either a personal insult (if you disagree with someone) or a declaration that your own opinion is correct....with nothing at all to back it up.
That's what they do when people post information that's hard to refute.
Progun

Chico, CA

#10 May 15, 2013
A Toad Roady wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what they do when people post information that's hard to refute.
you're a fkn retard as well.
Crickets

Williams, CA

#11 May 16, 2013
Progun wrote:
<quoted text>you're a fkn retard as well.
You just proved his point moron.
A Toad Roady

Lincoln, CA

#12 May 16, 2013
Crickets wrote:
<quoted text>
You just proved his point moron.
He did an excellent job proving my point.
Progun

Chico, CA

#13 May 16, 2013
Maybe both of you proved mine. Think about it.
A Toad Roady

Lincoln, CA

#14 May 16, 2013
Progun wrote:
Maybe both of you proved mine. Think about it.
Only point you have is on top of your head! Seriously though, what is your point?
Wife of Taxpayer

Chico, CA

#15 May 17, 2013
City of Chico faces fiscal insolvency.

Councilor Mark Sorensen said this information should not have been a sur≠prise to anyone. Itís all about planning, You just typically donít spend more than you have. I get my paycheck and I donít go out and spend 115 percent of it.Ē

Yet the city has spent money it did not have for years. Generous contracts have been awarded the firefighters as the City sinks into the red.

Now the City is contemplating borrowing money to pay everyone. Well Grandpa it looks like we got what we payed for.
Progun

Chico, CA

#16 May 17, 2013
A Toad Roady wrote:
<quoted text>
Only point you have is on top of your head! Seriously though, what is your point?
Its not my job to explain shit to you. If you can't figure it out that's just too bad, moron.
Crickets

Williams, CA

#17 May 20, 2013
Progun wrote:
<quoted text>Its not my job to explain shit to you. If you can't figure it out that's just too bad, moron.
You're not very good at this are you?
Smart Shopper

Redding, CA

#18 May 20, 2013
Wife of Taxpayer wrote:
City of Chico faces fiscal insolvency.
Councilor Mark Sorensen said this information should not have been a sur≠prise to anyone. Itís all about planning, You just typically donít spend more than you have. I get my paycheck and I donít go out and spend 115 percent of it.Ē
Yet the city has spent money it did not have for years. Generous contracts have been awarded the firefighters as the City sinks into the red.
Now the City is contemplating borrowing money to pay everyone. Well Grandpa it looks like we got what we payed for.
The firefighters are heroes. The City of Chico is 50 million in debt. May I suggest hiring regular fireman at regular salaries and avoid going into debt hiring hero firemen with hero salaries.
A Toad Roady

Lincoln, CA

#19 May 25, 2013
Smart Shopper wrote:
<quoted text>
The firefighters are heroes. The City of Chico is 50 million in debt. May I suggest hiring regular fireman at regular salaries and avoid going into debt hiring hero firemen with hero salaries.
Or we could do like all the repubican farmers and fast food places do, hire illegals, they work real cheep.
Juan

Paradise, CA

#20 May 25, 2013
A Toad Roady wrote:
<quoted text>
Or we could do like all the repubican farmers and fast food places do, hire illegals, they work real cheep.
You can drive your Chevy to the levy or drive your Hummer to bankruptcy court also.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gerber Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Impeachment is the only answer (Jun '14) 47 min ANONYMOUS 194
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Mandela 71,007
Why Are Many College Profs Anti-American 2 hr Hillbillys r dumb 7
Many Teachers Hate the Country They Live In 4 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 2
Michigan U Chair Says Hate Republicans 4 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 2
Aryan Nations recruiting again in northern Idaho (Apr '09) 15 hr homeless person 338
Many University Profs Teach Hate America 15 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 15
Gerber Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Gerber People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Gerber News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Gerber

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:13 am PST