Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#12830 Jan 28, 2013
This country is finished anyway and I found an appropriate poem to cut and paste. Thanks, you
worthless liberal vermin.

My Brother's Keeper

The old man stood and faced,
The view of his town,
That spread out below him,
Far below the cliff face,
At his back.

A cliff that soared behind him,
Maybe half as craggy as his face.

The old man noted well,
The crisp, clean air that seemed,
As fresh as it might have been,
On the day of its creation.

A hawk soared high above him,
As the old man thought of freedom,
For he had many years behind him,
Piled higher than the cliff.

And he had seen his country,
The land that he had walked,
And his father had walked,
And his fathers' father before him,
Turn from freedom to a study of,
The worst things that can happen,
When good men do nothing.

The town below was burdened,
With crime and hate and greed,
That should never, ever happen,
But somehow always does.

And now, a government decided,
That as man would not keep his brother,
They were better qualified to do,
The things that good men would not.

The old man pondered as usual,
About the awful price,
Of letting someone else,
Become your brothers' keeper.

To let some unseen power,
Make your world safe and warm,
All cozy and bottle-fed, just like,
A dry, warm nest, or a prison cell.

Where bureaucrats with grey suits,
Or shining little badges,
Tell you how to think and talk,
And charge you for the privilege.

Soon enough, no one keeps his brother,
But instead, hates him in the bargain,
As we trade one kind of problem,
Only to gain another.

The old man turned his back,
On the town where he was born.
He climbed the cliff behind him.
Then, turned and gave salute.

He would not return again,
And he walked across the Mesa.
Only the soaring hawk could see,
As the tears left muddy streaks,
In the dust upon the face,
Of the old man.

Brian Collins

“Activist, Comedian, Con Man!”

Since: Jan 09

www.HeavyFed.com

#12831 Jan 28, 2013
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, there are other serious issues to think about besides the rantings of a LIEbral pissant that thinks it's smarter than everyone else.
What do you think about these latest events combined with the assault on our Second Amendment?. It looks like conspiracies may no longer be just
theories.
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Oh, no doubt... they are coming for our guns.

They may say out the sides of their mouths that they don't want to take them away... but that is CLEARLY what is on the agenda.

It may not be tomorrow, it may not be next week, next month, next year or the next decade even... but one day, mark my words... they WILL come for our guns.

It's just a matter of time.

AND... sooner or later, perhaps we SHOULD give them up, but I assure you, that time is not now.

We have not yet matured enough as a species to lay down our arms.

One day though, perhaps maybe we will grow up, stop destroying, killing and generally being a nuisance to living things... and when that day comes, perhaps.

Until then, over our dead bodies... and that very well may come to pass.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#12832 Jan 28, 2013
Heavy Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, no doubt... they are coming for our guns.
They may say out the sides of their mouths that they don't want to take them away... but that is CLEARLY what is on the agenda.
It may not be tomorrow, it may not be next week, next month, next year or the next decade even... but one day, mark my words... they WILL come for our guns.
It's just a matter of time.
AND... sooner or later, perhaps we SHOULD give them up, but I assure you, that time is not now.
We have not yet matured enough as a species to lay down our arms.
One day though, perhaps maybe we will grow up, stop destroying, killing and generally being a nuisance to living things... and when that day comes, perhaps.
Until then, over our dead bodies... and that very well may come to pass.
I doubt if these joint exercises are a direct result of the gun confiscation effort. They were being conducted before Sandy Hook.

They are no doubt preparing for some kind of civil unrest. Probably when
the economy finally does collapse. We have a lot of have-nots that will
no longer be sustained by a broke government. I certainly don't want to
be unarmed when that happens.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#12833 Jan 28, 2013
Hezekiah wrote:
<quoted text>
They're getting ready to take your squirrel gun, Deviant.
\

You had better hope not. A nut like you won't have any protection at all.

“I don't believe in mathematics”

Since: Aug 08

De Leon, TX

#12834 Jan 28, 2013
That was a very emotional display, Deviant. You must be paralyzed with fear to know the helicopters are coming for you.

www.HeavyFed.com

#12835 Jan 28, 2013
Hezekiah wrote:
That was a very emotional display, Deviant. You must be paralyzed with fear to know the helicopters are coming for you.
That's nothing to joke about, the Army held joint exercises with the local law enforcement today in Houston, scared the hell out of a bunch of people.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story...

Check out the video.

Why do you think the Army is training with local law enforcement???

“I don't believe in mathematics”

Since: Aug 08

De Leon, TX

#12836 Jan 28, 2013
Don't worry, HF. I'm sure you boys will be able to fend off government tyranny with your shotguns and pitchforks.

www.HeavyFed.com

#12837 Jan 28, 2013
Hezekiah wrote:
Don't worry, HF. I'm sure you boys will be able to fend off government tyranny with your shotguns and pitchforks.
By that time it'll be too late... I don't plan on waiting.
tesd

Hondo, TX

#12838 Jan 29, 2013
test
Southern Seinfeld

United States

#12839 Jan 29, 2013
What's the deal with people backing into parking spots?

Who are these people?

It's easier to just drive forward into to the narrow spot, and back out into the wide lot. Some people insist on doing it backward, like the way they think.
bss

United States

#12840 Jan 29, 2013
,you either back in or back out retard.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#12841 Jan 29, 2013
One bullet at a time, whenever.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#12843 Jan 29, 2013
As someone who is gay and proud, I Iove Texas, there are so many options for me! Most of these so-called "cowboys" are just like the cowboys in the village people, or my favorite movie "Brokeback Mountain". They act conservative out in public, but behind closed doors they go wild. Now, granted, Texas men are notoriously small in the jeans, but I've never gotten laid as much as when I visited Texas! The same macho men who talk about hunting and trucks wound up being incredibly sensitive, often resting their heads on my chest and falling asleep to the sound of my heatbeat. After watching their football teams lose, these guys would race over and rip off their wranglers, most of them were married and said that watching the cowboys game made them horny, all those men in tights bumping into each other. Believe me guys, I get it lol!
My friends in New York will say to me, "Yeah but aren't Texans nothing but fat un-educated racists with no culture?" and sure theres something to that, but when you have one of these men in your bed, begging to be rode like a horse and called George Bush, you'll understand what I mean.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#12844 Jan 29, 2013
There ARE NO REAL COWBOYS in Dallas, the two guys in BBMountain were sheppards not cowboys, and the Village people are all fake what evers. And you are sooooo full of s--t. Stay in NY you aren't needed here.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#12845 Jan 29, 2013
Texan wrote:
"..the two guys in BBMountain were sheppards not cowboys, and may I add very cute, and the Village people are all great. And you are sooooo hot, are you single?. You can Stay in MY trailer home, and clothes aren't needed here.
Sorry buddy, I'm flattered, but I have a boyfriend. Besides, I like a man with an education.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#12846 Jan 29, 2013
Don't be flattered, you are a liar and in desperate need of a woman. Better that you keep your location hidden.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#12847 Jan 29, 2013
Southern Seinfeld wrote:
What's the deal with people backing into parking spots?
Who are these people?
It's easier to just drive forward into to the narrow spot, and back out into the wide lot. Some people insist on doing it backward, like the way they think.
Jerry is worth 800 million.How about you?

www.HeavyFed.com

#12848 Jan 29, 2013
Brian Fong wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry buddy, I'm flattered, but I have a boyfriend. Besides, I like a man with an education.
Please, don't let the resident troll convince you he is a Texan... as you can see by his server... he is no where near Texas.

He is not by any means to be taken as a representative of anyone from Texas... please excuse his behavior... he is on welfare... he lives with his grandmother... this is all he has.

Other than this post referring to he who shall not be named... I completely ignore him now... and I suggest you and all the other posters and readers do the same.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#12851 Jan 29, 2013
As I have already stated, if I were a troll I would have pulled off your head and s--t down your neck. I am a NATIVE Texan, most definatly live in Texas, and represent no one but myself. I have a very good job,and live in my own home. All my grandparents have been deceased over twentyfive years. My hehavior needs no apology, least of all from a false prophet, and liar such as yourself Fed. You might never name me but you will never ignore me, you just aren't strong enough to do that, and only your alter ego Know Notheeng, and Damn invasion pay any attention to your suggestions. Everyone knows you to be a liar, ego maniac, and false prophet. So get your mommy to buy some more dope and return to LA and you foggy state of mind. Around here you will merely get a head ache.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#12852 Jan 29, 2013
Brian Fong wrote:
As someone who is gay and proud, I Iove Texas, there are so many options for me! Most of these so-called "cowboys" are just like the cowboys in the village people, or my favorite movie "Brokeback Mountain". They act conservative out in public, but behind closed doors they go wild. Now, granted, Texas men are notoriously small in the jeans, but I've never gotten laid as much as when I visited Texas! The same macho men who talk about hunting and trucks wound up being incredibly sensitive, often resting their heads on my chest and falling asleep to the sound of my heatbeat. After watching their football teams lose, these guys would race over and rip off their wranglers, most of them were married and said that watching the cowboys game made them horny, all those men in tights bumping into each other. Believe me guys, I get it lol!
My friends in New York will say to me, "Yeah but aren't Texans nothing but fat un-educated racists with no culture?" and sure theres something to that, but when you have one of these men in your bed, begging to be rode like a horse and called George Bush, you'll understand what I mean.
You seem to be a big fan of New York.The city or the state, or both?Pretty state,a tad cold in upstate New York, but the Finger Lakes are very nice.Jeremy Lin seems to like Houston a lot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Wed 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
Miracle prayer Dec 10 MCT 1
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Nov 29 Fartology 752
Man Charged with Capital Murder in Central Texa... Nov 27 Donny Brook 1
Debate: Occupy Wall St - Round Rock, TX (Apr '12) Nov 21 John 3
Review: Goldenberg Monica DDS Nov '14 andrew07 1
Best gas treatment for my car (2005 suzuki aeri... Nov '14 Moira 1
Georgetown Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Georgetown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Georgetown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Georgetown

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:58 pm PST

Bleacher Report12:58PM
Will the Philadelphia Eagles Miss the Playoffs?
NBC Sports 1:01 PM
Cowboys' Murray listed as questionable for Colts - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:10 PM
DeAndre Hopkins questionable after sitting out third straight practice
NBC Sports 3:16 PM
DeMarco Murray is determined to play
NBC Sports 4:14 PM
Ryan Mallett wants to be the Texans' QB next season