Charges against Morton formally dismissed; inquiry sought on prosecutor's actions

There are 2 comments on the www.statesman.com story from Dec 20, 2011, titled Charges against Morton formally dismissed; inquiry sought on prosecutor's actions. In it, www.statesman.com reports that:

Prosecuter concealed evidence, put him in prison for nearly 25 years

Michael Morton, holding the court order that officially dismisses the murder charge that put him in prison for nearly 25 years, celebrates Monday with attorney Gerry Goldstein at the Williamson County Justice Center in Georgetown.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.statesman.com.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#1 Dec 20, 2011
How much is 25-years of a persons life worth? The entire state of Texas is not enough to pay for it, but it would be a start, and make those wayward prosecutors and that wrongful judge serve a full 25-yeans each in Huntsville.
Disgusted

San Antonio, TX

#2 Dec 21, 2011
WMCOL wrote:
How much is 25-years of a persons life worth? The entire state of Texas is not enough to pay for it, but it would be a start, and make those wayward prosecutors and that wrongful judge serve a full 25-yeans each in Huntsville.
I totally agree! if you havent already, take a look at the deposition transcripts and documents on the following link:

http://wilcowatchdog.org/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Texas judge faces inquiry on wrongful conviction (Mar '12) 9 hr Alyssa Castillo 3
News Where the Town will spend your money in 2007 (Feb '07) Thu jon 9
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 20 Banfartos 708
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 19 Fartdog 843
Hutto let me down. May 19 crl 1
News General Surgeon Specializing in Treatment of Se... Apr 26 Nice 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Lloyd Doggett as Representative? Apr '15 GrV 1
More from around the web

Georgetown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]