Review: Burgest, Sean MD - Sean Burgest MD

Posted in the Georgetown Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
A First Time Patient

Harker Heights, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 14, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Today was my first visit with Dr. Burgest. I left in a complete shock. I have never been to a doctor that is so rude and judgemental. I had to switch doctors, and Dr. Burgest did not even pull my medicial files for the past year. I came in, he saw me, he talked and acted very kind at first. He was about 30 minutes late, but that was not the issue. I have been in pain management for a year. I am now pregnant with a child, and I wanted off of the medications I have been taking. He listened to everything I had to say, and without checking my 3 Mris, xrays, or cat scans, he told me that there is no chronic pain issue, and to leave. His exact words as my husband entered the room were, "You need to see a Psychiatrist, like yesterday." I have dealt with many doctors over my life, but never, have I ever been so degraded and belittled. Do not waste your time with this doctor. He didn't even care how he spoke to a newly pregnant adult woman. He also did not even try to have my files sent to him. His job is to help people that are in Chronic Pain. In my case, I needed to be taken off medication because of my child. That is his job. He does not want to do that part. Only the part of acting like he is better than the patient, and having the patient leave with even more hurt than when they entered the room.
Leon Bronstein

Georgetown, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 29, 2010
 
I am really sorry to hear this. I will keep your story in mind and will spread the word whenever I can. Keep looking and find a doctor with true healing compassion- I assure you, they are out there. Congratulations on the baby!
SGT JOE WHARTON

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 18, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

IM SORRY FIRST TIME BUT THAT DOESNT SOUND NOTHING LIKE DR BURGEST. I AM IN THE MILITARY AND I WAS INJURIED IN MY FIRST DEPLOYMENT I WAS HIT BY A ROCKET. I WASNT GETTING THE HELP THAT I NEED FOR MY PAIN. I WAS REFERED TO DR BURGEST 2 YRS AGO AND HE WENT COMPLETELY WENT OUT OF HIS WAY AND SOMETIME MAYBE PUT HIS COMPANY ON THE LINE TO HELP ME. HE HAS BEEN THE BEST DOCTOR EVER. HE DID EVERY POSSIBLE EXAM TO FIND OUT WHAT WAS WRONG. WE HE FINALLY DID FIGURE IT OUT ITS BEEN THE BEST. I WENT FROM NOT BEING ABLE TO MOVE MY ARM TO COMPLETELY MOVING IT AND I AM CURRENTLY DEPLOYED TO AFGANHISTAN DOING WHAT I DO BEST AND THATS MY JOB IN THE US ARMY. EVERY PATIENT THAT HAS BEEN UNDER DR BUREST HAS THE UPMOST RESPECT FOR HIM.
Jesse

Georgetown, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 7, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

This doctor is nothing more than a drug dealer with an MD. The DEA should investigate this dangerous, irresponsible individual before he kills someone with his over-prescribing. He had me on 240mg MS-Contin, 180mg OxyContin and 120mg Opana ER daily, with 8mg Dilaudid as 'needed' for breakthrough pain. It took months of hell to detox from this, an experience that nearly caused my own death.
AVOID SEAN BURGEST!
spc wesley

Copperas Cove, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 20, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

dr. burgest is a terrible doctor. i was injured durring deployment. my leg has not healed in over a year and due to my med board the army will not do surgery until i am out. Dr burgest accused me of selling my drugs because there was not enough in my drug test he took. I explained the medication made me sick and i needed a change. He said he would no longer treat me. my surgeon provided me a prescription for an alternate medication. I cannot fill it because he will not pull my "sole prescriber" contract and i am unable to use another dr. until he does so. AVOID SEAN BURGEST!

if you have had similar experiences... file an ICE complaint. he is fort hoods only pain management contracted physician. lets fix this problem.
John H

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 3, 2011
 

Judged:

1

I found his front office staff to be cold and much more interested in cash than caring. It reflects on the physician. It was bad enough that after several visits I decided to change doctors. Not interested in paying for that kind of attitude.
Jim

Harker Heights, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 7, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Jesse wrote:
This doctor is nothing more than a drug dealer with an MD. The DEA should investigate this dangerous, irresponsible individual before he kills someone with his over-prescribing. He had me on 240mg MS-Contin, 180mg OxyContin and 120mg Opana ER daily, with 8mg Dilaudid as 'needed' for breakthrough pain. It took months of hell to detox from this, an experience that nearly caused my own death.
AVOID SEAN BURGEST!
I disagree with this because Sean Burgest does not prescribe stong medicine because his African-American self likes to see his patients whining in pain rather than give the better meds. Prescribing Motrin and Gabapentin is not useful in treating multiple level disc protrusions and chronic neck, back, and shoulder pain when all other meds have failed. This guy is worthless in my opinion! AVOID THIS GUY LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!
Bill

Harker Heights, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 7, 2011
 
He lures you in like a predator on prey. He starts off your first visit by being friendly and prescribing a strong narcotic, but this is simply a trick to get you on your mandatory drug test he gives you each time he sees you. Once he sees that you have taken the narcotic as prescribed then he makes the illogical conclusion that you are a junky. Then he starts to give you weaker medicines for pain and doesn't listen to your concerns.

Be careful with this guy. I'm a man and can take the criticisms he dishes out but I feel sorry for the poor patients that are in severe pain (like myself) who can't get pain relief because of his disbelief that all pain patients are drug seekers. I finally got him to start giving me better pain medicine after he called my primary care doctor and he told him that I have been dealing with my conditions for a long time.

I hope that he can be more friendly and understand that people with pain have the difficult dilemma of trying to live in chronic pain while managing daily activities. Burgest chose to be a pain medicine doctor, so he should have the decency to be more lenient (and aggressive) in giving pain medicine for pain. When I get a cold I don't have to ask for strong medicine to make me feel better because it is understood by a doc. The same logic should apply when being a pain management doctor giving out strong pain medications.

P.S. I'm currently in the process of seeking care elsewhere, needless to say. I've given Sean Burgest enough of my "pain" and effort!
James

Harker Heights, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 7, 2011
 
Dr. Burgest is bad at determining pain control for people. He hates prescribing narcotics or decent pain control meds. He prefers to take a softer approach to helping people in debilitating pain. This is why I will not be seeing him again. I have been living in pain for 10 plus years and don't need a doctor who takes a "softer" approach to medicine. I need medicine to get through my daily activities without feeling like a vegetable. There is a reason why we patients are referred to pain management and we don't need a doctor who is nervous about giving stronger medicine for stronger pain. I will be seeking care from a different doctor because Sean G. Burgest is not worth my time or insurance money. Seriously people, don't waste your time.
Anonymous

Harker Heights, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 7, 2011
 
John H wrote:
I found his front office staff to be cold and much more interested in cash than caring. It reflects on the physician. It was bad enough that after several visits I decided to change doctors. Not interested in paying for that kind of attitude.
I AGREE COMPLETELY!
Soldier in Pain

Harker Heights, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 7, 2011
 
Jesse wrote:
This doctor is nothing more than a drug dealer with an MD. The DEA should investigate this dangerous, irresponsible individual before he kills someone with his over-prescribing. He had me on 240mg MS-Contin, 180mg OxyContin and 120mg Opana ER daily, with 8mg Dilaudid as 'needed' for breakthrough pain. It took months of hell to detox from this, an experience that nearly caused my own death.
AVOID SEAN BURGEST!
Whomever wrote this is completely wrong! Sean Burgest refuses to prescribe strong meds for any condition! He is in the wrong business for pain medicine because OTC medicines are not sufficient for pain control! We soldiers have real pysical pain that needs to be dealt with accurately! My advice is to go on post because that pain control clinic gives you monthly prescriptions and doesn't try to question your pain level. Trust me, it was the best switch I ever made! Oh yeah, don't let the on post clinic tell you they are overbooked: Wait it out and see them before you choose this loser! My body was hurting so bad before I finally found a doctor who wasn't afraid to give me some real pain medicine without questioning soldiers about drug patterned behavior. C'mon, have some sympathy for soldiers in pain! Don't use Dr. Burgest.
Mr Cain

Harker Heights, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 7, 2011
 
SGT JOE WHARTON wrote:
IM SORRY FIRST TIME BUT THAT DOESNT SOUND NOTHING LIKE DR BURGEST. I AM IN THE MILITARY AND I WAS INJURIED IN MY FIRST DEPLOYMENT I WAS HIT BY A ROCKET. I WASNT GETTING THE HELP THAT I NEED FOR MY PAIN. I WAS REFERED TO DR BURGEST 2 YRS AGO AND HE WENT COMPLETELY WENT OUT OF HIS WAY AND SOMETIME MAYBE PUT HIS COMPANY ON THE LINE TO HELP ME. HE HAS BEEN THE BEST DOCTOR EVER. HE DID EVERY POSSIBLE EXAM TO FIND OUT WHAT WAS WRONG. WE HE FINALLY DID FIGURE IT OUT ITS BEEN THE BEST. I WENT FROM NOT BEING ABLE TO MOVE MY ARM TO COMPLETELY MOVING IT AND I AM CURRENTLY DEPLOYED TO AFGANHISTAN DOING WHAT I DO BEST AND THATS MY JOB IN THE US ARMY. EVERY PATIENT THAT HAS BEEN UNDER DR BUREST HAS THE UPMOST RESPECT FOR HIM.
As a brief former patient of his, I think you are one of the exceptions to the patients at the Burgest Clinic. He never went out of his way for me. He was actually quite rude to me and my wife one time. I stopped seeing him a long time ago. If he helped you then I'm glad for you it seems like from this forum that he's pretty bad at giving care/meds.
Spc Smith

Harker Heights, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 7, 2011
 
spc wesley wrote:
dr. burgest is a terrible doctor. i was injured durring deployment. my leg has not healed in over a year and due to my med board the army will not do surgery until i am out. Dr burgest accused me of selling my drugs because there was not enough in my drug test he took. I explained the medication made me sick and i needed a change. He said he would no longer treat me. my surgeon provided me a prescription for an alternate medication. I cannot fill it because he will not pull my "sole prescriber" contract and i am unable to use another dr. until he does so. AVOID SEAN BURGEST!
if you have had similar experiences... file an ICE complaint. he is fort hoods only pain management contracted physician. lets fix this problem.
Hey man he's not the only one now. I see a different doc from tricare because this guy is probably getting lots of complaints from people being abused or whatever..one of my friends told me to stay away from this guy cause he is bad at treting pain.
Big J

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 7, 2011
 
Yeah dr burgest ain't good at all. I hate to be hating on him like that but he don't want to help my pain or nothing. He tried to tell me to be a soldier and tuff it out when my back be killing me all the time. I switched docs and now got a good one who manages my pain. I have to be on strong pills but its better than my old pain all the time. I dont recommend dr burgest for nothing.
John Q

Harker Heights, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 12, 2011
 
dr burgest is worthless. i've never had a doc tell me to just tough out the pain with the level of discomfort i have (bad back, neck, knees, the works). I think hes scared of the DEA or something because he refuses to prescribe any narcotics. I have already switched doctors and I am getting the treatment I deserve and feeling human again. good luck people!
anonymous

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Nov 16, 2011
 
Big J wrote:
Yeah dr burgest ain't good at all. I hate to be hating on him like that but he don't want to help my pain or nothing. He tried to tell me to be a soldier and tuff it out when my back be killing me all the time. I switched docs and now got a good one who manages my pain. I have to be on strong pills but its better than my old pain all the time. I dont recommend dr burgest for nothing.
who do you go to now?
Jenifer

Stephenville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 5, 2012
 
Can u say cardiac arrest??? Yes that's what he did to me. I went in for a first time procidure and for7 minnets I laid on the table dead. The only good thing I can say about him is he knows CPR. Other than that he is always 1 hour late for his apts. rude, dose not explained anything to u and asks u the same question over and over again but is always typing and dosnt look at you when your explaining things to him. Not a good doc to go to!!
maryann

Antioch, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 5, 2012
 
thats right, my whole world was turned upside down when my family and 4 states away got a call that a simple procedure went wrong... there needs to be somethn done and put a end to this dr... thak god in heaven she suevived because i dont know what i would do with out my sister in this world. and yes she was with god for 7 minutes. but i tell you for the next 24hours we all thought she would not recover. please spread the wor so your family members dont go to him,because they may not have a full recovery.. the only way u will be able to see them is in a cemetary.
Chris

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 29, 2013
 
Working in the health care field, I know the purpose of pain management is to try alternate therapies to see what works best for a patient. This is clearly not the case with Dr Burgest. I am absolutely dissatisfied with the type of care and treatment received from this provider. I do not want to bash his character but please do your research prior to seeking help from him, it would be in your best interest.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Georgetown Forum right now

Search the Georgetown Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 3 hr why 16,817
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 5 hr Defiant1 21,183
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of General ... (Oct '10) 18 hr why 383
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Sat David 640
Some Worry Traffic Issues Will Stem Texas' Growth Jul 9 Goforride 1
Siblings almost drown at Lake Georgetown Jul 8 jo cAn fiight 1
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Jul 8 Texan 719
•••
•••
•••
•••

Georgetown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Georgetown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Georgetown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Georgetown
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••