Afraid to die in Brown County !

Afraid to die in Brown County !

Posted in the Georgetown Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Wass-up

Plain City, OH

#1 Feb 10, 2013
In light of the recent deaths and botched code of ethics in the investigations its ashame the people of this county have to feel afraid to die in the County.The sherriff and the coroner need to put differences aside and put the victems (and yes they are making us victems of death
In light of the recent deaths investigated by the Sheriffs office and the Brown County coroner I have to admit I'm actually afraid to die in this county.I dont want to be argued with the people that are suppose to be doing there jobs lieing there dead. Its ashame these people can't put there differences aside and take me, dead, in there consideration.I know there is certain protocol but it can't be that hard to figure out. It sounds to me like 2 kids arguing over a piece of candy. I'm not going to be able to predict where its going to happen, but right now I hope its not here.
0
curious

United States

#2 Feb 10, 2013
I would be afraid to graduate in Brown Co if that's where you got your education. And before you the comments start flooding in about being a grammar Nazi on Topix, it is my opinion that if you're going to talk politics then by god, show some sense because your argument just seems totally invalid.

Now as for the subject at hand, the coroner is doing her job but the sheriff wants to turn it into one big pissing contest and yes it is a shame. Just another reason proving Josh should have been sheriff
Seriously

Mount Orab, OH

#3 Feb 10, 2013
While I too voted for Josh, I don't really feel that our current sheriff is to blame. I do however think the coroner and her husband need to shut up already. If she has a problem freaking quit, shut up, and let someone else in there to do the job. I'm sick of the news apps, newspaper, and fb/topix having this subject all over the place.
who cares

New York, NY

#4 Feb 11, 2013
Varnau just keeps stirring it up. time to let it go
simple

Mount Orab, OH

#5 Feb 11, 2013
curious wrote:
I would be afraid to graduate in Brown Co if that's where you got your education. And before you the comments start flooding in about being a grammar Nazi on Topix, it is my opinion that if you're going to talk politics then by god, show some sense because your argument just seems totally invalid.
Now as for the subject at hand, the coroner is doing her job but the sheriff wants to turn it into one big pissing contest and yes it is a shame. Just another reason proving Josh should have been sheriff
*God
The Insider

Englewood, OH

#6 Feb 11, 2013
who cares wrote:
Varnau just keeps stirring it up. time to let it go
That is the problem no one cares. When you start to loose your rights then maybe you will see the light. You need to read the letter Varnau's attorney sent to the AG and what he courts would not understand and what they would not admit to the court as well as the things they made up. I have never seen such a stupid judge, jury the had a friend of Dwaynes on it, and the total disrepect for rights.

There is more but I can't tell it all right now, but it will all come out later on. Then we will see who is full of bull.

http://www.varnau.us/legal/domestic.htm

http://www.varnau.us/Medical/coroner.htm

http://newsdemocrat.com/main.asp...
Rivergirl

Cincinnati, OH

#7 Feb 11, 2013
One of the deputies I know pretty well said that there is so much illegal stuff done its actually scarry but needs the job and is afraid to say anything to anyone because of not being able to know who can be trusted and is not part of the group not even the feds because the whole thing is corrupt from top to bottom. A black person mexican or jew sure would not want to die in brown county because the evidence tech who collects all the evidence at crime scenes is probably a kkk member. He had a kkk short movie on his cell phone that he was very proud of. If there ever is an investigation by the feds this person has enough information to send them all to prison for a long time, and does not want to go down with all of them when it happens.
just let it go man

New York, NY

#8 Feb 11, 2013
Frankly the majority of brown county really doesnt care they keep voting him in so if the people want him then they can keep him no one one cares about some gap in his service or some politicians lowering the sheriff standards that wenninger benefited from
Want To Know

Stout, OH

#9 Feb 11, 2013
When I step back and look at this, why would those Varnaus even be involved in all of this? They have no children. They own their land. They are in their mid-60's. They spent tens of thousands of dollars in the courts and attorney fees and still have plenty left it looks like. She has a good job. So what's in it for them at their age? Why would they want to be involved in any of this mess? My guess is that they are probably working for the feds. That's my take on it. Nothing else makes any sense, like those court decisions by experienced judges. It's the only thing that makes sense to me looking at the big picture.
The Insider

Englewood, OH

#10 Feb 11, 2013
Want To Know wrote:
When I step back and look at this, why would those Varnaus even be involved in all of this? They have no children. They own their land. They are in their mid-60's. They spent tens of thousands of dollars in the courts and attorney fees and still have plenty left it looks like. She has a good job. So what's in it for them at their age? Why would they want to be involved in any of this mess? My guess is that they are probably working for the feds. That's my take on it. Nothing else makes any sense, like those court decisions by experienced judges. It's the only thing that makes sense to me looking at the big picture.
Stupid question stupid. Some people have "PRINCIPLES",nothing else matters and gets in the way. Others fight till the death. Some do both. "If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything". That is what most of the people in Georgetown are doing "fall for anything".
keep shooting

Dayton, OH

#11 Feb 11, 2013
Rivergirl, curious, turk182 from other posts, do you really think your fooling anyone?
Turk 182

Englewood, OH

#12 Feb 12, 2013
keep shooting wrote:
Rivergirl, curious, turk182 from other posts, do you really think your fooling anyone?
I take it you think all of these posters are the same person?
If so (keep shooting) you are wrong.
Why not just list all the names that post and say they are the same: stupid.
You are not smart enough to be on this forum, keep posting and show your ignorance to everyone.
Your day will come

Stout, OH

#13 Feb 12, 2013
The truth hurts don't it keep on shooting. It may take years to pay the price. There is one way, when you die. You will have answer to someone much bigger then anyone on this earth. Vickie for sheriff, what a joke. Buddy and her are pissed cause their not getting the money now. I heard he wasn't paying the coroner bills. Leave my hairy leg friend a lone. She's smarter then anyone in this county other then her better half. Enjoy!3882
keep shooting

Dayton, OH

#14 Feb 12, 2013
And yet you just happened to hope on this post and say hey that's my screen make?.... Right lol. Every post made by the names in my previous post contain much of the same garb. "Your not smart" blah blah blah.
Turk182

Englewood, OH

#15 Feb 12, 2013
keep shooting wrote:
And yet you just happened to hope on this post and say hey that's my screen make?.... Right lol. Every post made by the names in my previous post contain much of the same garb. "Your not smart" blah blah blah.
The public knows. Take their advice. I won't pay any attention to your posts. You are like talking to a telephone pole. Don't have common sense but they don't talk back. LOL
Family Member

Middletown, OH

#16 Feb 13, 2013
As to your comment about afraid to die in Brown Cty you should be, because you have two grown adults that can't get along. I'm talking about Rhonda Cheesman's death. They should've put their difference aside and worked together. I'm not taking either party side cause I personally don't know either one. I just think out of respect to the family they should have come to some kind of agreement on how the scene was going to be handled. I do want to thank the Georgetown P.D for all that they done in trying to locate Rhonda and all that they are still doing.
keep shooting blanks

Dayton, OH

#17 Feb 13, 2013
Lol @ rivergirl, I totally missed you post. KKK? Wow. As for the coroner saying it was a suspicious death she ruled it as such because of "bruising" right?
Want To Know

Stout, OH

#18 Feb 14, 2013
The more I read and listen to what has happened so far, I don’t agree with Family Member that this is just two adults acting like children not wanting to get along. I see it more as a prosecutor and sheriff (quoted out of the Brown County Press) trying to get someone to quit her job. Why?

Dr. Varnau seems to be doing her job more than the last coroner did it. And somehow this threatens the sheriff’s office. How?

I count at least 6 law enforcement officers involved in a criminal effort to make it as hard as possible for Dr. Varnau to do her job, at least 5 from the sheriff’s office and the prosecutor. I put this together from listening to the recordings and reading the newspaper.

I see dereliction of duty – No public servant shall recklessly fail to perform a duty expressly imposed by law with respect to the sheriff’s office, or recklessly do any act expressly forbidden by law (obstructing the statutory official business of the coroner) with respect to the sheriff’s office. I also see their reckless acts obstructing official business – No person, without privilege to do so and with purpose to prevent, obstruct, or delay the performance by the coroner of any authorized act within the coroner’s official capacity, shall do any act that hampers or impedes a coroner in the performance of the coroner’s lawful duties.

I don’t see any other law enforcement agency in Brown County complaining about the coroner, just the sheriff, chief deputy and prosecutor. Seems pretty obvious to me what is going on and who is stirring up the controversy, and it isn’t Dr. Varnau at all.
keep shooting

Dayton, OH

#19 Feb 14, 2013
Dr varnau doing her job more than previous coroner? She doesn't know the difference between bruising and rotting flesh!
Want To Know

Stout, OH

#20 Feb 14, 2013
keep shooting wrote:
Dr varnau doing her job more than previous coroner? She doesn't know the difference between bruising and rotting flesh!
What’s with this “bruising and rotting” of flesh? You just making up stuff now? This is the first time I read anything about that. Even I think I can tell the difference between rotting flesh and normal skin like anybody else. How does this fit into this story?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New girls basketball coach 8 hr Sheila 3
John "Kevin" Dugan (Feb '13) Sat Jeanie 9
Pretty lady Thu Larry Boy 2
Glad to see Kristi bashing post taken down Thu Krusty 10
News Unexplained boom heard in Brown and neighboring... (Mar '10) Nov 16 Someone 74
Officer Bobby Gifford Nov 15 Mongo 8
Woman In Front of Closed Store Nov 15 Anonymous Resident 7

Georgetown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Georgetown Mortgages