Former Basketball Star Mackey Due In Court To Face Robbery Charges

There are 44 comments on the KLEX TV story from May 13, 2010, titled Former Basketball Star Mackey Due In Court To Face Robbery Charges. In it, KLEX TV reports that:

Former Scott County basketball standout Jonathan "Bud" Mackey will be back in court Thursday facing charges of robbery, escape and assault.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KLEX TV.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Myb

United States

#1 May 13, 2010
What an idiot!!! He could have had good life playing basketball and chose the life of a thug instead!

“Let the Fun Begin?”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#2 May 13, 2010
Bud Mackey was the greatest ever seen on the court in a long time. I don't think him an idiot but do think he did take the wrong path if there was ever a way to save him and return him to the court I would tell John Wall to watch his back :-) But of course as we see that will never happen. So where did you get this new news from MYB I try to keep up on Bud all the time? Thanks in advance if you decide to reply!
Teacher

Bowling Green, KY

#3 May 13, 2010
Uh the newspaper.
Myb

United States

#4 May 13, 2010
Elvisfan69 wrote:
Bud Mackey was the greatest ever seen on the court in a long time. I don't think him an idiot but do think he did take the wrong path if there was ever a way to save him and return him to the court I would tell John Wall to watch his back :-) But of course as we see that will never happen. So where did you get this new news from MYB I try to keep up on Bud all the time? Thanks in advance if you decide to reply!
he ruined his life. Once on drugs and in trouble its hard to get back on the right track. He is probably looking at a couple years on newest charges and to think of life he could have had the nicest word I could think of was idiot.
confused

Georgetown, KY

#5 May 13, 2010
He is on drugs? I thought he was just selling them?
Lol

United States

#6 May 13, 2010
confused wrote:
He is on drugs? I thought he was just selling them?
u dont rob and assualt someone unless ur on something and need more!
If its a Bud Smoke IT

Moberly, MO

#7 May 13, 2010
A couple years for Robbery with a weapon?

Put that sorry SOB under the jail he has had plenty of chances! You don't just have crack cocaine at school and then later on get gun charges and then decide you want to go rob someone at gun point and deserve anything less than being under the jail.
Myb

United States

#8 May 13, 2010
AMEN !!!
stfu fa real

Winchester, KY

#9 May 13, 2010
mind ur own business people, hes a good guy and i know for a fact hes not on any drugs he might be sellin em but who aint in gtown?? hes really not a bad person at all its the wrong people hes been hangin wit thats influenced his decisions... get a life!!! quit worrying about eveybody elses!!! damnnnn
Umm STFU

United States

#10 May 13, 2010
stfu fa real wrote:
mind ur own business people, hes a good guy and i know for a fact hes not on any drugs he might be sellin em but who aint in gtown?? hes really not a bad person at all its the wrong people hes been hangin wit thats influenced his decisions... get a life!!! quit worrying about eveybody elses!!! damnnnn
Umm. I live in Georgetown, I'm about the same age and I deff don't sell drugs. So there's the first way you made yourself sound like a typical uneducated piece of shit. And second, F*ck being influenced. He's a big boy and he makes his own decisions. If he isn't smart enough to hang around better people than a bunch of good for nothin thugs, Then he's a dumbass. And if he's making the same decisions that they are, Then he needs to pay the consequences for his ignorant actions.
shotcock

United States

#12 May 13, 2010
Someone flush this turd. Im sure he will be a prison league legend. DONT DROP THE SOAP MACKEY!!!
Nick Tirlea

Georgetown, KY

#13 May 13, 2010
Mackey is an idiot. He could be making sooo much money with basketball, he definatly would have gone pro. But what did he do? Ruined it all with drugs. Oh, and you don't get influenced easily if you are determined to make things good. HE was the only person in between himself and drugs. He chose drugs himself. No one put a gun to his head and said smoke this. He could have walked away, and never have been in this postion. He threw it all away. Sorry, but he's nothing more than an idiot and he only drags down anyone who defends him.
Nick Tirlea

Georgetown, KY

#14 May 13, 2010
Oh, and it's everybodys business. He robbed someone and sold drugs. We need to know who these people are so we stay away from them.
tyler

Bellevue, WA

#15 May 14, 2010
okay first of all, mackey isnt a bad person just because he made mistakes, iv been wer hes at, tht doesnt make me a bad person... and obviously there are some underlying issues that arent being adressed here, yea hes hanging out with thugs, but thats because he feels more comfortable around that group of people, its crazy, yall dont understand it, but when u live in a home thats in diseray, a group of people thtmake you feel comfortable, and do things tht intrest you, can make you feel like your a part of somthing,,,, with me i got involved with gangs at an early age, and they wer like a family i never had... all im sayin is buds seriously confused, and he prolly doesnt kno wtf to do... his basketball career was out the window the first or second time he fuked up, and im sure hes kicking himself in the ass over it too, and evrybody in georgetown knows who he is, and theyre all pointing him out before they kno the whole story anyways... so buds in between a rock and a hard place right now,, and its hard for him to decide which path to take when he has no direction, and hes still tryna figure out what his own identity is,,
when i was in jail they always used to tell us that if u dont kno wer ur going u dont know which path to take to get there...
and with bud he was good at basketball, that was his thing, now that, thats no longer an option, hes tryna find another easy way out, but the life of crime really isnt working for him...
shotcock

United States

#16 May 14, 2010
Every time Bud screws up people start saying hes not a bad guy hes just around the wrong people. Its like a broken record. If hes not smart enough to make good choices and stay away from bad influences maybe a few years in jail is just what he needs. Im sure someone with his qualifications would have no trouble finding a top-flight job in either the food service or housekeeping industries after prison.
Myb

United States

#17 May 14, 2010
shotcock wrote:
Every time Bud screws up people start saying hes not a bad guy hes just around the wrong people. Its like a broken record. If hes not smart enough to make good choices and stay away from bad influences maybe a few years in jail is just what he needs. Im sure someone with his qualifications would have no trouble finding a top-flight job in either the food service or housekeeping industries after prison.
he probably wont have them jobs because of all the mexicans.
Myb

United States

#18 May 14, 2010
tyler wrote:
okay first of all, mackey isnt a bad person just because he made mistakes, iv been wer hes at, tht doesnt make me a bad person... and obviously there are some underlying issues that arent being adressed here, yea hes hanging out with thugs, but thats because he feels more comfortable around that group of people, its crazy, yall dont understand it, but when u live in a home thats in diseray, a group of people thtmake you feel comfortable, and do things tht intrest you, can make you feel like your a part of somthing,,,, with me i got involved with gangs at an early age, and they wer like a family i never had... all im sayin is buds seriously confused, and he prolly doesnt kno wtf to do... his basketball career was out the window the first or second time he fuked up, and im sure hes kicking himself in the ass over it too, and evrybody in georgetown knows who he is, and theyre all pointing him out before they kno the whole story anyways... so buds in between a rock and a hard place right now,, and its hard for him to decide which path to take when he has no direction, and hes still tryna figure out what his own identity is,,
when i was in jail they always used to tell us that if u dont kno wer ur going u dont know which path to take to get there...
and with bud he was good at basketball, that was his thing, now that, thats no longer an option, hes tryna find another easy way out, but the life of crime really isnt working for him...
u know there was a Tyler involved in robbery. But bud is an adult and no one made him do anything he didnt want to do. The little voice in his head should have said this is wrong and I am outta here. We all have that little voice and bud chose not to listen to his.
curious

United States

#19 May 14, 2010
I hope he gets back on track! I remember he would get on to me for smoking cigarettes, and look at him now! I never would have thought
give him a break

Georgetown, KY

#20 May 14, 2010
bud is gonna be ight so he messed up once again yea in the end it was all his decisions. but all i know is that i have made alot of bad decisions and im sure everyone that has commented on here has also made some stupid decisions would you want everyone to hold that against you for the rest of your life??? just let him be hes gonna make his own decisions in life he will take whatever path he wants all you can do is hope and maybe pray for him that he makes the right decisions when he gets out...
Anti-stfu

Georgetown, KY

#21 May 14, 2010
stfu fa real wrote:
mind ur own business people, hes a good guy and i know for a fact hes not on any drugs he might be sellin em but who aint in gtown?? hes really not a bad person at all its the wrong people hes been hangin wit thats influenced his decisions... get a life!!! quit worrying about eveybody elses!!! damnnnn
I have a life, I don't do drugs either. And what I do worry about is how many chances does a thug need? How about if he robs you or decides that it is time to use a gun on someone? Nope, he's had all the breaks he needs time to lock him up. Then he might sober up, and start thinking straight. I have no pity for the thug.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any recent tmmk hires? 3 hr WatchingYou 21
Best backpage girl in george town? (Jun '12) 3 hr mee 27
Who's sleeping with who what if it was u 6 hr Hello 13
Butterfinger 7 hr Juicyfruit 1
Cara Hamilton 9 hr wow 8
Final 1 plant 1 2nd shift 9 hr yes 12
TMMK Temps who flirt (Mar '13) 10 hr of course 57
More from around the web

Georgetown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]