Who is a reputable eye doctor for exa...

Who is a reputable eye doctor for exam/contacts?

Posted in the Georgetown Forum

Blind Leading The Blind

Frankfort, KY

#1 Sep 20, 2012
Recommendations please?
goinnowhereherei ngtown

Chicago, IL

#2 Sep 20, 2012
For any and all eye Problems, go to Dr. Chip Richardson. His office is behind CVS on the little road to the library. Dr. of the Year in KY! He does a Great job, and he is a Doctor, not an Optometrist, he even does his surgeries. Good staff too,, it may take a wait to get in because he is busy busy! It is worth it to get it done right!
star

Lexington, KY

#3 Sep 20, 2012
For adult or a child.
my choice

Lexington, KY

#4 Sep 20, 2012
Blind Leading The Blind wrote:
Recommendations please?
My whole family goes to Advanced Eye Care, Dr Habbash and we love him. He is great with kids if you have them too. Great staff and usually not too hard to get an appointment. We have been going there since they opened and have recommended him to several friends who continue to go there as well. His eyeglass and contact prices are very reasonable.
i know

Clay City, KY

#6 Sep 22, 2012
Premier Family Eyecare. Used to be on Pocahontas. Moved out to Landmark Office Center by Gano Church. Very thorough exam and good prices!
michelle

Duluth, GA

#7 Mar 8, 2013
do not go to dr Habash. he told me I had a bacterial eye infection and put me on steriod eye drops. a week later my eye pressure had gone up to 30. turns out I didn't even have a bacterial eye infection and I spent hundreds of dollars on drops. Dr chip richardson is the best. he diagnosed me with viral conjuctivias and told me I should've never been put on steriods. Dr Habash is just concerned about money. strongly recommend not going to him
lol

Duluth, GA

#8 Mar 8, 2013
my choice wrote:
<quoted text>My whole family goes to Advanced Eye Care, Dr Habbash and we love him. He is great with kids if you have them too. Great staff and usually not too hard to get an appointment. We have been going there since they opened and have recommended him to several friends who continue to go there as well. His eyeglass and contact prices are very reasonable.
I love the original staff that has been there the last few years but I do not care for the teenagers they have recently employed. I like both Dr. Habash's but the reasonably priced items are of poor quality with exception to the contacts. It has gone to crap since the new office opened. Bigger isn't always better. They have 10 people in there working and only two know what they are doing. Scale down to the way it used to be and ill go back. The recent changes make it appear as though they prefer cheaper labor and products just to put more money in their pocket. I would much rather deal with a place that truly cares about my vision needs.
inreplies

Cicero, IL

#9 Mar 12, 2013
That advanced eye care place is outrageous my bf went there and I laughed when he came back and told me what prices he paid. I told him he could have gone to Lexington and got the same services and frames and lenses cheaper than that place. New or not good doctor or not I will not go to that place.
To in replies

United States

#10 Mar 12, 2013
That's because the girls were flirting with your bf and u didn't want him there anymore! Insecure much?
inreplies

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Mar 14, 2013
R u serious!!! Not one thing I said in that comment made me sound insecure. That was so stupid u saying that. I'm laughing cause I'm trying to figure out how u think I'm insecure. Who cares who works there. I haven't even been in there. Is there hot girls who work there sounds like u know. I'm far from insecure and im def confident my bf is going nowhere. So thanks for the comment.
Not true

Nashville, TN

#13 Mar 14, 2013
hj wrote:
Dr Richardson is not good. Highly arrogant and expensive. Just a rude jerk. We went once and switched immediately. Even his employees admitted he was an a hole. He's quick to tell ya he's a DOCTOR and how it sickens him that optometrists aren't yet still see patients. He's hard to deal with. Won't last long with his snobby attitude. Not good with kids either. Go somewhere else. I promise ya.
He is a great doctor & knows what he's doing thats why you have to schedule 3 months in advance, there's a optometrist that works for him now and she's awesome I took my daughter there last week I was very impressed with her!!
goingnowherehere ingtown

Louisville, KY

#15 Jan 28, 2014
Not true wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a great doctor & knows what he's doing thats why you have to schedule 3 months in advance, there's a optometrist that works for him now and she's awesome I took my daughter there last week I was very impressed with her!!
AMEN! Dr. Richardson is everything advertised. The first writer said, arrogant jerk? Not at all, a great doctor. We even took our 2 year old Grandson there, and Dr. Richardson could not have been any better with HIM! All my families trust and faith is with Dr, Richardson with EVERY need for eye care. There has to be a reason it takes so long to get in to see him. AND, he has added an Optometrist and another Eye Doctor to the practice! Something is going very right in his office. There is one person that works in the office I am personally not fond of, but I don't have to deal with her.
Come Clean

Stanton, KY

#16 Jan 29, 2014
goingnowherehereingtown wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN! Dr. Richardson is everything advertised. The first writer said, arrogant jerk? Not at all, a great doctor. We even took our 2 year old Grandson there, and Dr. Richardson could not have been any better with HIM! All my families trust and faith is with Dr, Richardson with EVERY need for eye care. There has to be a reason it takes so long to get in to see him. AND, he has added an Optometrist and another Eye Doctor to the practice! Something is going very right in his office. There is one person that works in the office I am personally not fond of, but I don't have to deal with her.
Sounds to me like you are his family. Way to advertise for him.
Eye See U

Georgetown, KY

#17 Jan 29, 2014
I go to a guy named Stevie Wonder. He can't see a damned thing but he has a wonderful staff and does marvelous work.
goingnowhereheri gtown

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Feb 6, 2014
Come Clean wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds to me like you are his family. Way to advertise for him.
Not at all. I have been a patient for almost 2 years. Almost lost vision in one eye and he helped save it. He has done a remarkable job helping me. Two other eye docs told me it was as good as it could get. Doc Richardson got it much better, I can pass an eye test, went from almost blind in one to being able to pass a vision test. I'd say he did a good job helping me.
I know

Winchester, KY

#19 Jun 3, 2014
Best place to buy frames and lenses is Walmart. I bought frames for $9 and my lenses were $30 with tax I paid $41

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bus driver assaults child on bus. 15 min Boll Weevil 1
Rejection 24 min Boll Weevil 17
Good attorney 34 min Boll Weevil 3
What doctor will write Adderall 38 min Boll Weevil 2
joel ray hall at post office is a punk 4 hr regulator 2
New Restaurant on Water ST 6 hr Concerned citizen 13
Delaney Harris 8 hr Meeee 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Georgetown Mortgages