snow road crews
jdkr

Salem, WI

#1 Dec 29, 2012
This is my first winter here in Georgetown. I have to say is big as this county is and with there money lots of these roads and main ones shoulda been cleared before 9 am not after. Numerous people now have told me how crappy the road crews are here. That's a Shame. They shoulda been starting at midnight lastnight there was plenty if snow around then. Get on it! Who's in charge of the snow plow people? Hire me I don't mind getting up to get the job done and I'm 8 mths pregnant and went out at midnight to plow my driveway. Think it's laziness
teddy

Tucker, GA

#2 Dec 29, 2012
jdkr wrote:
This is my first winter here in Georgetown. I have to say is big as this county is and with there money lots of these roads and main ones shoulda been cleared before 9 am not after. Numerous people now have told me how crappy the road crews are here. That's a Shame. They shoulda been starting at midnight lastnight there was plenty if snow around then. Get on it! Who's in charge of the snow plow people? Hire me I don't mind getting up to get the job done and I'm 8 mths pregnant and went out at midnight to plow my driveway. Think it's laziness
Go back to where your from!!
Agree

Georgetown, KY

#3 Dec 29, 2012
Overall I agree with the original poster. Not sure why clearing US 25 is not a priority, it's only the most travelled non interstate in the county.

The issue I see is they start clearing too late. Snow is in the forecast for 6:00 and they start clearing at 10:00, meanwhile 84 accidents happen since the roads are already iced over.

This is one area that definitely needs improvement.
Truth

Georgetown, KY

#4 Dec 29, 2012
the city and county road crews were out last night and came through my subdivision about 3;00am and again this morning around 11;30. US 25 is a state maintained road so that is not the county/city's responsibility.
truth will set you free

Richmond, KY

#5 Dec 29, 2012
County does not maintain state or city roads. Truth is correct.
Hmm

United States

#6 Dec 29, 2012
How will the roads be going into tommorow?
jdkr

Chicago, IL

#7 Dec 29, 2012
Guess they don't do side roads I know mine was one not cleared. Oh well guess people pay money to the city and state for nothing
ford

United States

#8 Dec 31, 2012
I worked for the road dept in the late 80 s when weather like this come we were out soon as it started what i see of them now are a bunch of lazy ass people that dont do their job.city and county dropped the ball.i was out at 5:00 am the morning it hit roads were terrible.nothing done at all
Iknow

United States

#9 Dec 31, 2012
Well this post is bs from Jump. Cause a 12 midnight there wasn't any snow. Sure it was blowing around in the air. But not one drop on road or ground. Save that I'm 8 months pregnant shit for ur mammy
jdkr

Schaumburg, IL

#10 Dec 31, 2012
Haha that's funny!! I don't think I was dreaming puttin on my coat and boots and get the shovel outta the garage to shovel my driveway at 1230 at night. I don't know where u live but there was enough snow to b shoveled and it def covered the road. Then I shoveled again in the early morn and it was even worse then, and our road was never plowed either not once. So until u live at my house and see what it was like here move on please. Buh bye
Iknow

United States

#11 Jan 1, 2013
An until u get those hairy balls out of ur face u prob can't see the snow lol. Stop bitchin or move
jdkr

Schaumburg, IL

#12 Jan 1, 2013
Wow u def lack class, that was pretty nasty. Get a life please.. Next

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I am missing you so 54 min Missesyou 16
Wondering 6 hr hmm 2
family law attorney (May '14) 9 hr Dmaniam 25
booker t ave 10 hr curious 1
mechanic in georgetown (Oct '14) 19 hr hmm 13
jill perry 21 hr Swimmers mom 6
Leggett and platt 21 hr Be smart 5

Georgetown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance