Can you be born gay?

Posted in the Georgetown Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of1,781
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Dempsey

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 14, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Gays say yes, the Bible says no.

I'm going with the Bible, no way can one be born gay. If that's the case, then people who kill were born as killers, and people who commit adultery were born adulterers. I think we all are who we are because of the choices we make.
north- south

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 14, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dempsey wrote:
Gays say yes, the Bible says no.
I'm going with the Bible, no way can one be born gay. If that's the case, then people who kill were born as killers, and people who commit adultery were born adulterers. I think we all are who we are because of the choices we make.
People ARE born killers. We call them sociopaths. People can be "born that way". It's acting on it that is the sin. Keep it put away if you can't put it where it belongs. It's not food, water, shelter. Not a necessity of life.
Kristy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 14, 2011
 

Judged:

6

5

3

Dempsey wrote:
Gays say yes, the Bible says no.
I'm going with the Bible, no way can one be born gay. If that's the case, then people who kill were born as killers, and people who commit adultery were born adulterers. I think we all are who we are because of the choices we make.
Where in the Bible did you read that? I knew I was gay as a child. It was society that tried to teach me it was wrong. I'd like to know where in The New Testament (since real Christians believe it was what was written after Jesus came that matters) you saw this? I will pray for your ignorance
dave

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 14, 2011
 

Judged:

5

3

1

i've probally know 100 gays in my life and i have never had a single one tell me that they were born straight and just switched over for the heck of it. now why would any of them have a reason to lie about it? if anything, they would lie about being gay in the first place. one has to really be beyond stupid to not think gays are born that way when we know for a fact that morphodites are born of both sexes and have no idea what sex society or the bible thinks they should be with!! no one with any sense can argue that point!!! its really stupid to think one can be born with physical mutations (llike a penis on a otherwise normal lady) but somehow deny that people couldnt be born with mental sexual mutations. as long as christians try and ignore these obvious, common sense facts then how is anyone suppose to trust any words they say??
tumbleweed

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 14, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dempsey wrote:
Gays say yes, the Bible says no.
I'm flipping through the bible right now and can't find anything about being not being born with your sexual orientation in place.
Dempsey

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 14, 2011
 

Judged:

5

4

4

I'm not turning this into a religious war. But if you open any Holy Bible and turn to 1 Corinthians 6:9 or Romans Chapter 1 and read those parts of scripture, you'll realizse:

A: That homosexuality is a sin.

and

B: If it's a sin, then you couldn't be born that way. Duh.

People make their own choices in life. Some choose to kill, some to steal, some to drown their kids, some to abuse drugs, some to molest kids, some to commit adultery, and some to be gay. PERIOD
dave

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 14, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

whatnot wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said ! Bible does say no! And your right it's the choices we make in life!!
poorly said. of course its a choice. a choice that they feel is normal to them. read 1st corinthians.."But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion". so this clearly says that it is better in gods eyes for men to not take with a women but all you straight people obviously cant control your lust, which god clearly doesnt like!!!!!!!! so what makes you any better than a gay for not controlling theirs??
lil monster

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 14, 2011
 

Judged:

3

1

LOL yet again common Georgetown on a religious raid against the gays.
dave

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

whatnot wrote:
<quoted text>
And my choice is too live for my lord and savior!!!
how are you living for the lord when the bible clearly says it is better for a man to NOT take a wife? sounds like you chose your human desires (and still do if you are married) over the the lord !!
Clara

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 15, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Nobody is born gay. If so, then God and the Bible are frauds and we all know that's not possible for God or the Bible to be a fraud. I don't care how smart or "not" smart you are, anyone can understand that if the BIBLE says being gay is an abomination, then you can't be born gay or else the Bible is a lie. If you want to be gay, then be gay but don't say you were "born that way" because you're only deceiving yourself.
dave

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 15, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Clara wrote:
Nobody is born gay. If so, then God and the Bible are frauds and we all know that's not possible for God or the Bible to be a fraud. I don't care how smart or "not" smart you are, anyone can understand that if the BIBLE says being gay is an abomination, then you can't be born gay or else the Bible is a lie. If you want to be gay, then be gay but don't say you were "born that way" because you're only deceiving yourself.
clara i'm sure that you are a great person but it is really best just to keep quite, rather than to speak of things you know nothing about or things you just simply refuse to accept because you have believed something else for so long. knowing the ABSOLUTE FACT that humans are born with a physical mutation of having both male/female sexual organs, its absurd to think humans couldnt be born with a mental mutation of sexual thinking!
and one believing that your bible (which is just a copied, watered down, translated x50, reprint of a mans word) is a fraud, does not translate into
believing that god is a fraud!! i can assure you that if you were to ever have raised a gay child in church, in a region of this state where no one even knew gays existed that you would have a different opinion!!
you have no idea what harm your hate for gays cause these people. its absolutely no different than saying people are weird, less than you or mutated because they were born different than you. you are simply a bigot thru ignorance!
Clara

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 15, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Dave said "it's really best to just keep quiet." LOL. Sorry Dave, Jesus resides in me therefore I refuse to keep quiet. Mutate all you want and keep deceiving your own self, but people cannot be born gay or else God is a liar. And I think we all know God is incapable of lying. But the good news is you can choose to become straight just like you chose to be gay. The Bible says "Choose" first the kingdom of GOD. IT doesn't say "Choose" first to be gay. Good luck with that Dave.
Big Mike

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 15, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

LMBO!!!!!!!!!! Good one Clara. Don't try to get into a peeing contest with these people. Just stand on the Word and keep trucking. If God is for you, who can be against you?

:)

In His Love
dave

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 15, 2011
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Clara wrote:
Dave said "it's really best to just keep quiet." LOL. Sorry Dave, Jesus resides in me therefore I refuse to keep quiet. Mutate all you want and keep deceiving your own self, but people cannot be born gay or else God is a liar. And I think we all know God is incapable of lying. But the good news is you can choose to become straight just like you chose to be gay. The Bible says "Choose" first the kingdom of GOD. IT doesn't say "Choose" first to be gay. Good luck with that Dave.
either your god or your bible is a lie!!!! your bible says that god is without sin, then it says he murdered the earth with a flood which is a sin according to your bible!!! now there is your PROOF !! the only thing that resides in you is ignorance and prejudice. the good news is people like you can become good humans and stop trying to make excuses for things you cant explain in the bibe...
Goodness

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
May 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Big Mike wrote:
LMBO!!!!!!!!!! Good one Clara. Don't try to get into a peeing contest with these people. Just stand on the Word and keep trucking. If God is for you, who can be against you?
:)
In His Love
Mike do you say you are a christian? this sure dont sound like one to me. no wonder nobody wants to be saved. goodness stay ff here and go to church and pray for your self first then pray for a sinner.
Goodness

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
May 15, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

you know you say gay is a big sin what about lots daughters who got him drunk slept with him and concived a child with there won father???i am straight so dont think i am a gay i have known alot of gay people every single one says they knew they were gay when they was a small child. how could that be??dont you think then they was born that way. I love gays as I do all people!! and SO SHOULD YOU!!
info

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
May 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

well lets just all pray the gay away. god is fake. religion is the worst invention of mankind.
Clara wrote:
Dave said "it's really best to just keep quiet." LOL. Sorry Dave, Jesus resides in me therefore I refuse to keep quiet. Mutate all you want and keep deceiving your own self, but people cannot be born gay or else God is a liar. And I think we all know God is incapable of lying. But the good news is you can choose to become straight just like you chose to be gay. The Bible says "Choose" first the kingdom of GOD. IT doesn't say "Choose" first to be gay. Good luck with that Dave.
Big Mike

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
May 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Sad world, prophecy is being fulfilled.

John 14:6

Christ is the ONLY way.
dave

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
May 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

i think big mike is the anti-christ!! he sure drives more people away from the lord than any human i have encountered in my life
ignorance is not bliss

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
May 15, 2011
 

Judged:

4

3

2

The bible was written by man - get over it.
Jesus preached to love thy neighbor, love one another, basically the golden rule. I do NOT recall reading anything HE said that related to being gay - only what MEN wrote years and years after Jesus walked the earth.
If God created us and said he knew us before we were born, and he made each of us unique, how do YOU know you are right? Who gives you the right to pass judgement upon others?
No ONE goes to hell because they are gay - and if you want to talk about sin - check out the stones you cast to those you choose NOT to forgive or accept because of your righteousness.
Live and let live - no one is hurting you, and everyone is entitled to be happy and live in contentment.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of1,781
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Georgetown Forum right now

Search the Georgetown Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 11 min Commietator 138,832
Kelly Services Tmmk (Nov '11) 55 min Knott 434
Bill lewis 1 hr Hollywood 1
Some Woodford County residents unhappy about pl... 1 hr Finally! 5
Tmmk Shutdown 1 hr jason 3
Mindy (Hughes) Turner's day in court (Jan '11) 2 hr mindy hater 12
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr hum 81,227
•••
•••
•••
•••

Georgetown Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Georgetown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••