Central Ky. jail inmate found dead

Central Ky. jail inmate found dead

There are 54 comments on the WDRB-TV Louisville story from Jun 16, 2009, titled Central Ky. jail inmate found dead. In it, WDRB-TV Louisville reports that:

An inmate at a central Kentucky jail has been found dead. Scott County Coroner John Goble told the Georgetown News-Graphic that 22-year-old Jeremy Lynn Alcorn died Monday night from an apparent suicide by hanging.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WDRB-TV Louisville.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jayce

United States

#1 Jun 16, 2009
Oh how horrible. He was so young. I didn't know him, but it breaks my heart to hear about these things when my own son has so many teen troubles, job troubles and girl troubles.
KyHorsepark

Pikeville, KY

#2 Jun 16, 2009
I knew him. Since preschool. He was a great person. He will always hold a special place in my heart.
lovinlivin

Georgetown, KY

#3 Jun 16, 2009
I am so sorry for his family. I did not know him but I know that his brother Joshua needs a lot of love and support to get through this.
kayla

Pikeville, KY

#4 Jun 16, 2009
I grew up with jeremy and josh... lots of good times with the two of them.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#5 Jun 16, 2009
Jeremy was a good kid I knew him pretty well and always wore a smile on his face, he will be greatly missed by many and im thinkin bout his son and brittany!!!
pappy

Richmond, KY

#6 Jun 16, 2009
My heart goes out to his family. It is terrible to be so hopeless as to leave others out. Pray for all.
from jamestown

Russell Springs, KY

#7 Jun 16, 2009
im writing to let you all of jeremys family know that i remember when he was smaller and he was always nice to me. And family of his god is in your hearts to heal the pain and to hopefully help you all get back together one day just pray and now hes in a much better place.
wondering

Louisville, KY

#8 Jun 17, 2009
does anyone know when funeral and things will be...i would love to be there
gone

United States

#9 Jun 17, 2009
No, offense to the family but I think everyone knows what happens to people who commit suicide. He should have thought more of his family than to do that..
lovinlivin

Georgetown, KY

#10 Jun 17, 2009
gone wrote:
No, offense to the family but I think everyone knows what happens to people who commit suicide. He should have thought more of his family than to do that..
If you can't be supportive for this family then start your own damn thread. We sincerely care about this young man and his family and we are here to support them. So go the f*** away and preach to someone else.
ellie427

Richmond, KY

#11 Jun 17, 2009
To the family...Just want u to no we r so sorry to here of this...Our thoughts and prayers are with u...Please keep your faith in god. He will see ur family through it all.
ellie427

Richmond, KY

#12 Jun 17, 2009
gone wrote:
I don't think it is for us here on earth to judge what happens to someone after they have passed on. No one knows what his relationship was with God in his last moments!!! Thats the problem n the world today everyone wants to judge!!! If more people would just show a little more concern about others n their everyday life (just a smile) would make people think that may be someone does care.. It does'nt matter at this point what ur negative thoughts r!!!! U need to b praying that God will c this family through these hard times...
Joe Glass

United States

#13 Jun 17, 2009
gone wrote:
Dude don't even get me started. Jeremy was my best friend for 12 years, and now because somebody who works in that facility didn't do their job, Jeremy is no longer with the people who cared about him. And for you to say something so pathetically cold and heartless just shows how much of a worthless piece of sh!t you are. You have no idea what he was going through, I went and saw him multiple times before this happened i can't even imagine what he was going through even though i witnessed it. I'm done talking about you now.

I don't hold any kind of grudge towards Jeremy for what he did but the fact of the matter is that it could have been avoided. If he was on a suicide watch he should have been in a room by himself under constant surveillance wearing paper clothes. Jeremy would still be alive if it weren't for the complete lack of respect and decency for human life that the pigs who work at the Scott County Detention Center displayed. Something needs to be done about this so another large group of people don't have to go through what his family and i personally are going through. The people who are employed by the detention center evidently don't know how to do their job correctly, and their mistake is causing so many to suffer.

Somebody who wants to help those who are troubled needs to be employed there to help inmates. Jeremy wasn't incarcerated for a violent crime against anybody, he made a mistake and lost his way, because lets face it, who did he honestly have to talk to about anything that may have been bothering him while in jail?

All i know is that my best friend is dead, and it could have been avoided if somebody DID THEIR JOB.
Jesusaves

Georgetown, KY

#14 Jun 17, 2009
Lord, you know our hearts and bless all those who ask for your help!
Tracey

Anderson, SC

#15 Jun 18, 2009
wondering wrote:
does anyone know when funeral and things will be...i would love to be there
Mr. Jeremy Lynn Alcorn

Born: November 08, 1986
Died: June 15, 2009
Visitation: After 11:00 AM Monday, June 22, 2009 Johnson's Funeral Home
Funeral Service: 1:00 PM Monday, June 22, 2009 Johnson's Funeral Home
Interment: Masonic Cemetery, Stamping Ground

Jeremy Lynn Alcorn, 22, of Luke Road, died Monday, June 15, 2009.

A native of Georgetown, he was the son of Jeffrey Lynn and Melanie Ann Gray Alcorn.

Other survivors include one son, Brenton Memphis Alcorn, Georgetown; one brother, Joshua Todd Alcorn, Sadieville; maternal grandparents, Retha and Ronnie Ernest, four aunts including Shari (Paul) Reed and several cousins. He was preceded in death by his paternal grandparents, Arnold Albert Alcorn, Jr. and Lucy Smith Alcorn.

Funeral services will be 1:00PM Monday at Johnsonís Funeral Home by Rev. John Travis. Burial will be in the Masonic Cemetery, Stamping Ground. Casket bearers will be Joshua Alcorn, Joe Glass, Paul Reed, Matt, Joey and Michael Hicks. Honorary bearer will be Steven Vincent. Visitation will be after 11:00AM Monday at the funeral home

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#16 Jun 19, 2009
There are many people that will miss Jeremy! He was one of the funniest guys I have ever met and I will be praying for his family and just hope that precious baby will be ok!!! OOO YEA does anyone know where and why Brittany is in jail?
Whatdoyathink

Morehead, KY

#17 Jun 19, 2009
Drugs of course
Iknow

United States

#18 Jun 19, 2009
ladyluckforu wrote:
There are many people that will miss Jeremy! He was one of the funniest guys I have ever met and I will be praying for his family and just hope that precious baby will be ok!!! OOO YEA does anyone know where and why Brittany is in jail?
she was arrested for shooting up pills with jeremys son in the car.
hmmm

Pikeville, KY

#19 Jun 19, 2009
Whatdoyathink wrote:
Drugs of course
Such a shame too. Poor baby and poor Jeremy. God bless his family.
kaylas friend

Pikeville, KY

#20 Jun 20, 2009
gone wrote:
No offense to who wrote this but as far as I know only God can judge and sometimes when people haven't had the time to come around and find God yet in their lives their vision of life is somewhat different from those who have found God, you might want to think whether or not those who know God who were around him spent the time to educate him on the ways of God and the power of the lord, maybe if he had more insight into the workings of the lord and someone had led him there then he might have had a totally different view on his whole situation, the world is a tough place and even tougher for those who are weak at mind, so instead of writing this maybe next time try to reach out to someone who is in need of the lord, and educate them in his teachings, you never know when these events might approach so if someone dear to you may need to be led down the lords path then maybe you should guide them there and hopefully no one will have to feel this pain ever again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Metal music band 2 hr SlamminSam 9
I've never stopped loving you 3 hr An Adult 18
Cynda Mather 4 hr Shucks 7
Temps conversion to Toyota 5 hr Run 2
Jessica Spencer/Dill Turner 6 hr shh 2
Bill Covington (Sep '10) 11 hr artist yes 4
Concept Packaging (Mar '15) 16 hr Free Bird 3

Georgetown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance