Substitute Teachers Drug Tested

Posted in the Georgetown Forum

Telling

United States

#1 May 6, 2012
I know someone teaching in the county who smokes marijuana regularly...how is she able to get away with this, teaching our children?! Do they only drug test the full time staff? Who should I report her too?
PlLLY BlLLY

Georgetown, KY

#2 May 6, 2012
Telling wrote:
I know someone teaching in the county who smokes marijuana regularly...how is she able to get away with this, teaching our children?! Do they only drug test the full time staff? Who should I report her too?
no one snitch
Jim Dandy

Winchester, KY

#3 May 6, 2012
Black mail her into having sex with you that way your child will get a good grade and everybody wins!
not gonna happen

Georgetown, KY

#4 May 7, 2012
The school system does not drug test teachers, administrators or Board members. Maybe that is why the Board rejected a grant to do comprehensive testing
popo

Hollywood, FL

#5 May 7, 2012
not gonna happen wrote:
The school system does not drug test teachers, administrators or Board members. Maybe that is why the Board rejected a grant to do comprehensive testing
The grant was for drug testing the kids. Subs and teachers get tested upon hiring, then it rarely happens again. I agree it should be done annually!
Sheshe

United States

#6 May 7, 2012
I have worked at the school system and they do not drug test before you are hired.
popo

Hollywood, FL

#7 May 7, 2012
Sheshe wrote:
I have worked at the school system and they do not drug test before you are hired.
Not true. Every district in the state drug tests upon being hired, mandated by KEPSB.
here.

United States

#8 May 7, 2012
popo wrote:
<quoted text>Not true. Every district in the state drug tests upon being hired, mandated by KEPSB.
I've worked as a teacher for 3 years in Scott County and I've never been drug tested.
lol

United States

#9 May 7, 2012
I know for a fact that if the teachers were tested there would be a shortage of educators.
Hello

Nicholasville, KY

#10 May 8, 2012
No teachers are ever drug tested. Anyone with a highschool degree can be a sub. If you know for a fact they use & they are a parent call CPS on them & they lose their job & license/certification. If they piss dirty the day CPS knocks or shows up at their work, they are guilty of neglect & not even allowed to go on field trips with their own children nor can they even work for a daycare.
here.

United States

#11 May 8, 2012
Hello wrote:
No teachers are ever drug tested. Anyone with a highschool degree can be a sub. If you know for a fact they use & they are a parent call CPS on them & they lose their job & license/certification. If they piss dirty the day CPS knocks or shows up at their work, they are guilty of neglect & not even allowed to go on field trips with their own children nor can they even work for a daycare.
Actually you have to have 62 college credit hours and pass a background check.

But yes, if you know someone unfit to be in the classroom, report them.
Nope

Georgetown, KY

#12 May 8, 2012
popo wrote:
<quoted text>
The grant was for drug testing the kids. Subs and teachers get tested upon hiring, then it rarely happens again. I agree it should be done annually!
the group that worked to get the grant had intended to expand the program to teachers and administrators. It wouldn't be hard to find out who lobbied against accepting the grant, and I guarantee you it wasn't rejected because it would test kids
Constitution

Georgetown, KY

#13 May 8, 2012
Hello wrote:
Since the school system is a public agency a drug test is considered a search under the Constitution. A phone call would not be sufficient to justify a drug test and the school system would get sued...count on it
lol

Georgetown, KY

#14 May 8, 2012
Constitution wrote:
<quoted text>Since the school system is a public agency a drug test is considered a search under the Constitution. A phone call would not be sufficient to justify a drug test and the school system would get sued...count on it
Exfuxkinactly
Ummm

Nicholasville, KY

#15 May 9, 2012
That is why a CPS state agent with a court ordered drug screen will show up. If its court ordered the school is not involved it's THEM Vs. THE STATE. The state has to act on any neglect accusations.
fellow american

Decatur, TX

#16 Nov 14, 2012
I was just curious whether or not teachers in texas are given drug test?

In my opinion there is nothing wrong with smoking marijuana off the job. I do not consider that to be a hard drug or even a drug at all. It wouldnt be right to be high and try to educate our children I understand that completely but if he or she chooses to smoke in the evenings AFTER the days responsibiltys are completed I see absolutely no problem. It is definatley a better alternative than going to the bar after work to drink which alot of americans will do.

Fact:#1 alcohol related accident and deaths are among the top of the list in America. Never have I seen a report of a death or accident do to smoking marijuana...just saying alcohol is legal? is that not surprising to anyone!!?

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Nov 4, 2013
fellow american wrote:
I was just curious whether or not teachers in texas are given drug test?
In my opinion there is nothing wrong with smoking marijuana off the job. I do not consider that to be a hard drug or even a drug at all. It wouldnt be right to be high and try to educate our children I understand that completely but if he or she chooses to smoke in the evenings AFTER the days responsibiltys are completed I see absolutely no problem. It is definatley a better alternative than going to the bar after work to drink which alot of americans will do.
Fact:#1 alcohol related accident and deaths are among the top of the list in America. Never have I seen a report of a death or accident do to smoking marijuana...just saying alcohol is legal? is that not surprising to anyone!!?
A girl I went to high school just died in an accident and was hit by a man who was high on pot!
Mee

Cornersville, TN

#18 Jan 31, 2014
Reply wrote:
<quoted text>
A girl I went to high school just died in an accident and was hit by a man who was high on pot!
Yeah, I doubt that...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Georgetown KY (May '12) 2 hr SickNtired 12
I looking for joseph wayne williams (Jun '10) 3 hr friend 3
Holiday's 3 hr the man 2
ashlee burden (May '13) 8 hr real 7
jason bevis (Sep '09) 13 hr noturbuzinezz 199
trusting the wrong people (Apr '13) 17 hr fattypants 60
Georgetown Oaks Vs Wyndamere Where to live? 17 hr shark 9
Georgetown Dating
Find my Match

Georgetown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Georgetown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Georgetown

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:28 am PST

Bleacher Report 1:28AM
Hilton's Big Day Highlights Colts' Transition at WR
NBC Sports 3:20 AM
Between the touchdown and the new daughter, T.Y. Hilton had quite a Sunday
NFL10:12 AM
Ryan Mallett (torn pectoral muscle) out for season
Bleacher Report10:51 AM
Andre Johnson, DeAndre Hopkins Updated Fantasy Outlook After Ryan Mallett Injury
NBC Sports11:46 AM
Bengals' Dalton and Green finally get it going - NBC Sports