Bobby Hammons or Tony Hampton for She...

Bobby Hammons or Tony Hampton for Sherff?

Posted in the Georgetown Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
it dont matter

United States

#1 Sep 21, 2010
Who is best for the job?
meE

Georgetown, KY

#2 Oct 1, 2010
TONY HAMPTON!!! It's time for a CHANGE!!
BDT2001

Lexington, KY

#3 Oct 2, 2010
neither one ! what scott county needed was STEVE SOUTHWORTH back in the race !
IKNOW

Kitchener, Canada

#4 Oct 3, 2010
Totally agree with Steve Southworth!

But it is time for a change!
BDT2001

Lexington, KY

#5 Oct 3, 2010
yea bobby needs to go ! but can tony handle the job????
IKNOW

Kitchener, Canada

#6 Oct 3, 2010
Tony Hampton isn't a good choice either!

And Hammons has to go!!!

We are just screwed! Maybe I should of ran! LMAO

“Feel the sting?”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#7 Oct 3, 2010
IKNOW wrote:
Tony Hampton isn't a good choice either!
And Hammons has to go!!!
We are just screwed! Maybe I should of ran! LMAO
Sounds as bad as the race for Mayor. I don't know either of these guys can anyone give me some info?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#8 Oct 3, 2010
Tony Hampton all the way(: He's any amazing person and perfect for the job. He has a incredible family and I know he will do a great job at being Sheriff (: VOTE TONY!!!(:
Best Choice

Georgetown, KY

#9 Oct 4, 2010
Vote Tony Hampton.
BDT2001

Lexington, KY

#10 Oct 4, 2010
i know tony very well and im not saying anything bad about him , all i mean is can he handle all the stress that comes with the job !
Scott County Voter

AOL

#11 Oct 13, 2010
Bobby has done a tremendous job as Scott County's Sheriff. I have personally needed his assistance in the middle of the night, and he was there for me and my family. I have heard many other similar stories about this man. He is an amazing caring person. I will continue to support him as long as he is interested in serving this county.
lolli

Clay City, KY

#12 Oct 13, 2010
Scott County Voter wrote:
Bobby has done a tremendous job as Scott County's Sheriff. I have personally needed his assistance in the middle of the night, and he was there for me and my family. I have heard many other similar stories about this man. He is an amazing caring person. I will continue to support him as long as he is interested in serving this county.
x2...I mean come'on look around our town, he have it pretty sweet. How many people lay down at night and truly are worried someone is gonna break into your house, or kill you walking down the street at night. Sure we got petty stuff like every where else does but they are cracking down on that too...

Hammons all the way
Young voter

United States

#13 Oct 13, 2010
Hammons is 70+ years old and has no idea what goes on in the community. He could care less what happens to anyone nor does he care for anyone that doesn't support him. He has made the comment before "that the only good Republican is a dead one" and now he asks them to vote for him... come on. He doesn't support his staff, has had missing tax money, has lied to the public, double dips on his retirement... yeah, sounds like someone you really want attempting to run a modern law enforcement establishment. Oh, I forgot, to him, "modern" is still the 1960's; "if it worked then, it must still work today". It's time for him to gracefully go home.
Scott County Voter

AOL

#14 Oct 14, 2010
Young voter wrote:
Hammons is 70+ years old and has no idea what goes on in the community. He could care less what happens to anyone nor does he care for anyone that doesn't support him. He has made the comment before "that the only good Republican is a dead one" and now he asks them to vote for him... come on. He doesn't support his staff, has had missing tax money, has lied to the public, double dips on his retirement... yeah, sounds like someone you really want attempting to run a modern law enforcement establishment. Oh, I forgot, to him, "modern" is still the 1960's; "if it worked then, it must still work today". It's time for him to gracefully go home.

Sweetheart...Young voter for sure. Is this your first election? Sheriff Hammons most definately knows what goes on in this community, and most importantly..he cares. I urge you to go talk with him, you will walk away amazed! I promise....

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#15 Oct 14, 2010
Bobby Hammons has done a great job & deserves to enjoy @ least some of his retirement- alive.
I will vote Tony Hampton because I'm sure he will need guidance his first few years, & I'd like Bobby to still be here to offer an experienced hand.
Impressed

United States

#16 Oct 14, 2010
Wacka_Flacka wrote:
Bobby Hammons has done a great job & deserves to enjoy @ least some of his retirement- alive.
I will vote Tony Hampton because I'm sure he will need guidance his first few years, & I'd like Bobby to still be here to offer an experienced hand.
WOW, that is the most since I have ever read from YOU, Well done. I guess you do have a mature side after all. Well said and I STRONGLY agree with your comment to its entirety.
Long time voter

United States

#17 Oct 14, 2010
Well, I am a long time voter as I have lived here most of my life and I must say that it is time for a changing of the guard in the Sheriff's Office. Sheriff Hammons is out of touch with reality, has no idea what his staff does on a day to day basis, has no idea what is happening in the community unless it is in a certain crowd, and those are the only ones he is concerned with too by the way. If he doesnt know you or your family, he could care less about you. He has out lived his usefulness to the county and time for him to be shown the door. Im tired of my tax money being stolen, wasted by him taking a salary and a retirement, tired of him lying and as commented above, Im sure that Mr. Hampton doesnt need any help from Sheriff Hammons in any area. Mr. Hampton is a true trained law enforcement professional and has my family's votes.
any clean

Lexington, KY

#18 Oct 15, 2010
Do either of them take kick-backs from local pot growers? Seems most KY sheriffs do.
curious

Lexington, KY

#19 Oct 15, 2010
if you notice the only time pot gets cut is before the election and he sends out his lap dog, Ben Jones to go buy pills for him. Thats odd, his Chief Deputy Kenneth Kimble says "I never met a pill I didnt like."

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#20 Oct 16, 2010
Scott County Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweetheart...Young voter for sure. Is this your first election? Sheriff Hammons most definately knows what goes on in this community, and most importantly..he cares. I urge you to go talk with him, you will walk away amazed! I promise....
That is truly a pathetic comment for ANYONE to make to a voter! Really, "Sweetheart is this your first election?" I am IMPRESSED that a young voter is gaining knowledge on an election AND is TAKING THE TIME TO VOTE! And please do not give me that Hammons cares about the community. If he cared so much, he would not be on his houseboat at Lee's Ford for most of the summer. He sure must have A LOT of vacation time built up! But then again, he did retire and began "double dipping" on the tax-payers dime! Maybe that vacation time rolled over too! Tony Hampton is THE choice for Sheriff in Scott County. If he were not so passionate about the job AND the community, do you think he would run again? He believes in this community and he BELIEVES in what the office of Sheriff SHOULD be doing. Don't take my word for it, talk to him! Ask him about the changes he wants to make. Tony Hampton has a passion for law enforcement and anyone that talks to him will see! I read posts earlier about people wondering whether or not he can "handle the job" Tony is MORE than capable of "handling the job" and he will excel in doing so! He will restore pride to the Department and bring the Sheriff's Department into the current century! We do not live in Mayberry people, no matter what you think. With Tony as Sheriff, you will NOT see a "big pot bust" during an election for positive press, you will see a proactive department that is continually trying to make our county a better place! So thank you "young voter" for getting out there and educating yourself on the races, and for CARING and EXERCISING your CIVIC RIGHTS!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Which are the best subdivisions and homebuilder... (Oct '12) 5 hr huh 18
Teacher At GMS abuses child by SLAMMING door on... (Mar '12) 5 hr Och 18
Joni Winstead 11 hr PSA 19
connor reid? (Aug '10) 13 hr Charles1990 15
backwoods barbie aka faith 13 hr yuckyy 4
backpage 13 hr yuckyy 3
My Farts Won't Stop 15 hr mee 2
More from around the web

Georgetown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE