Tiffany klapheke
what

United States

#161 Sep 7, 2012
Jenn wrote:
I'm an Army spouse here on Dyess. I can tell anyone who may be feeling even an ounce of sympathy for Tiffany, that she definitely had help! There are wonderful people on this base who would help without question. I know without a doubt in my mind that Tiffany was well aware of the help available to her. We have it drilled into our heads before our spouses deploy, all of the resources available to us. Including free daycare hours! Some of her family members are trying to play the PPD card. NO! Tiffany had people in and out of her house, including a boyfriend, all while neglecting and starving her children. She was leaving them home alone while partying with friends. A girl who claims she was all alone, sure had a lot of people in her life! I do question as to why none of her neighbors said anything to anyone about all of the strangers Tiffany was bringing into her home. If they were watching that closely then they must have known she had small children and a "party" environment was not good for them. It's a shame they are just now speaking about it. I could buy Tiffany's lame excuses if the was unkempt, malnourished, and living in seclusion herself, but that was not the case. Simple fact is, she is evil and selfish.....
BOYFRIEND??? What ? Her husband was deployed only 2months ago -she moves fast! With 3 toddlers under the age of 3-who has time to party & have a boyfriend! Well boyfriend needs to be charged also - if he was around and witnessed neglect & didno anything or tell anyone - he is at fault also.
Sahm in Abilene

Amarillo, TX

#162 Sep 7, 2012
My thanks to lily and someone who cares for their most recent posts. Well said! Still working on donations here in Abilene. If anyone is interested just reply. Prayers for Thomas' release from dafb and taberlee & tatums release from the hospital as well as a new home for them all to go to.
Hoping to clarify

Aiea, HI

#163 Sep 8, 2012
What I'm not understanding is who Thomas needs to be cleared by to see his girls and why? Is it the AF, hospital, CPS? I guess what I don't understand is why other family such as the grandparents are allowed to be with them in the hospital, yet their own father still cant??
Angela

United States

#164 Sep 8, 2012
Hoping to clarify wrote:
What I'm not understanding is who Thomas needs to be cleared by to see his girls and why? Is it the AF, hospital, CPS? I guess what I don't understand is why other family such as the grandparents are allowed to be with them in the hospital, yet their own father still cant??
From what I have read, the grandparents had to be cleared before they could see the girls also.
Peggy

New Albany, IN

#165 Sep 8, 2012
Yes they did BUT we are talking about a man who has been serving OUR country. ALSO it did NOT take over a week. They were cleared in 24-36 hours I think!
Sahm in Abilene

Amarillo, TX

#166 Sep 8, 2012
Thomas was FINALLY able to see his girls, YAY!! I can't imagine the swelling of their hearts when their daddy walked into the room and scooped them into his arms. Praise God for their reunion!
Hoping to clarify wrote:
Hoping to clarify

Aiea, HI

#167 Sep 8, 2012
That's great that he got to visit finally! But it did seem like it took way too long!
happy

Mount Sterling, KY

#168 Sep 8, 2012
Sahm in Abilene wrote:
<quoted text>Thomas was FINALLY able to see his girls, YAY!! I can't imagine the swelling of their hearts when their daddy walked into the room and scooped them into his arms. Praise God for their reunion!
that's awesome!!!! Thanks for the update.
Samantha

Sumter, SC

#169 Sep 9, 2012
It depends on who he has it through but we have used it before on property damage. Long story short our puppy scratched up a door. We went through USAA and they were great! Hopefully for his sake it does cover it and/or he had it!! I really wish that was enforced more by the military about how important it is to have!
sad wrote:
<quoted text>
Im not sure it will? How does that work. I thought it only covered theft, flood. etc. Not wear and tear?
Samantha

Sumter, SC

#170 Sep 9, 2012
Amen!!!!!!
Sahm in Abilene wrote:
My thanks to lily and someone who cares for their most recent posts. Well said! Still working on donations here in Abilene. If anyone is interested just reply. Prayers for Thomas' release from dafb and taberlee & tatums release from the hospital as well as a new home for them all to go to.
Samantha

Sumter, SC

#171 Sep 9, 2012
Thank God!!!
Sahm in Abilene wrote:
Thomas was FINALLY able to see his girls, YAY!! I can't imagine the swelling of their hearts when their daddy walked into the room and scooped them into his arms. Praise God for their reunion!
<quoted text>
Samantha

Sumter, SC

#172 Sep 9, 2012
Amen!!!!!!!!!
Lily wrote:
I can't believe the turn this has taken. I can understand everyone's concerns, but think about the things you are saying and how they can affect people. Of course everyone is entitled to an opinion and there will always be speculation in situations like this, but there is no need to be cruel. Whatever opinions you have formed of the people involved in this case, this family has suffered a horrible loss. If you are uncomfortable making a donation, then don't send money. If you think they made a website too soon, then okay, but it would probably be best not to jump on a forum and trash them. They are reading these things. They are not the ones who did this. Tiffany is. And quite honestly, if you had been reading up on the case you would see how many people have asked them how they can help. I am sure this was a response to those inquiries.
On the other hand, those of you who responded to these comments with name calling and contemptuous "I'll pray for you" statements (which ironically sounds more like an insult than an actual concern) are really not making this forum any more pleasant.
I had a friend whose father shot his mother, called my friend to tell him what he had done, and then killed himself. The speculations made on forums like this one during that time were brutal. They accused my friend of being involved in the deaths of his own parents because "he didn't sound emotional enough" in his interviews. My friend is incredibly stoic. He wasn't even listed as a suspect because it would have just been impossible. Hurtful things were said during a time when he was most vulnerable and after an unspeakable tragedy had occurred, and those things are on public forums where he and other loved ones can read it.
This is cheesy but applies. T.H.I.N.K. before you speak. Is it True, is it Helpful, is it Inspiring, is it Necessary, is it Kind?
I have been following this forum mostly for updates on the girls and to find out further information about how this is panning out. It is disappointing that it has turned into an arena for spiteful banter. Can we take a step back and stop it already? The rest of us would appreciate it. Okay, I am off my soap box and apologize for the length of this post.:)
Samantha military spouse

Sumter, SC

#173 Sep 9, 2012
God bless you Scott and the rest of the family!! I apologize that people have taken it to that point! I will continue to pray for you and your family and as soon as I can intend to help! Y'all did nothing wrong and funds will be needed! The military is supportive but come on people they will hold Thomas accountable for any damages that is in the agreement he signed!!! I agree you want to donate fine otherwise take your crude comments some where else!! I love this site and love getting these updates!
Scott Romano wrote:
First of all, I refuse to get into an argument on Topix. The girls were NOT on feeding tubes when the website was created. Their father was back in Abilene but was NOT cleared by the Air Force to leave the base to see his girls. He still has not seen his girls. Ask the Air Force about that.
As for the website, BOTH sets of grandparents discussed the website and decided to create it because many people wanted to help but didnt know how. Taberlee will need much care and professional help to get over her fears. The extent of Tatum's issues will not be known for many years.
If you do not want to donate to the two girls please don't.
As for "ditto"s comment about Tina, you truly do not have a clue. Tiffany was a 5-time loser in foster homes when Tina decided to adopt her. The Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services explained to Tina that Tiffany may never be able to show love given her history. Tina's heart went out to Tiffany regardless.
Adopt a special needs child who no one wants then come back and talk to me about Tina not being trustworthy. It is so easy to jump to conclusions when you do not know the entire story. This topic started out with concern for the girls and I tried to update everyone as to their status and health. Now it has turned into something I truly do not have the energy for.
Enough about that already. Our ONLY focus is on the future of Taberlee and Tatum and saying goodbye to Tamryn.
For the person who wanted to know the baby sizes, here are what they are currently wearing:
Taberlee (4T)
Tatum (3-6 months)
I believe someone is collecting clothes for them in Abilene.
Yes I have changed my post name to my real name. Tamryn, Taberlee and Tatum are my grand-daughters.
I can be reached at [email protected] if anyone has additional questions or comments. If you would like an update on the girls, please email me there. We would be happy to share with you how they are doing as we get information from the hospital, etc.
Thank you all for your prayers and concern. Be sure to see the pictures of the girls and Thomas on the website. They are adorable!
Scott Romano
Scott Romano

Georgetown, KY

#174 Sep 9, 2012
There is a number of people in Abilene collecting clothes and household goods. I am in contact with one person and should have more information shortly.
It will be an emotional week for Thomas and the extended family. Please keep us in your prayers.
I wish this was all a bad dream.
God bless,
Scott and Tina
Texas

Lithonia, GA

#175 Sep 9, 2012
Sorry for your loss, my family know how hard it is to bury a child so young.
Angela

Abilene, TX

#176 Sep 9, 2012
Any update on the girls and how did they react to their father? Are they doing better with him there?
Peggy

United States

#177 Sep 10, 2012
Prayers to the Klapheke and Romano family during this very emotional week.
Scott WE all wish it was a bad dream. My heart goes out to you all
Sahm in Abilene

Amarillo, TX

#178 Sep 11, 2012
ABC wrote:
There were also 4 cats and a german sherpard they pulled from the house. She hadn't done laundry in weeks on top of the feces and pee.
I'm working on spreading this story to try to get donations for the Taberlee and Tatum. Wondering whether to include this info...how to prove this as fact and not just rumor...can you help me out?

Also, praying Tamryn's service went as smoothly as possible. RIP sweetie
ABC

United States

#179 Sep 11, 2012
It's on Thomas' mom's facebook
Scott Romano

Georgetown, KY

#180 Sep 11, 2012
All who are following this story:
Today, we laid Tamryn to rest in Lexington, Kentucky. The service was extremely emotional for all who attended. I know that each of you were there with us in spirit and in prayer.
The service was beautiful in spite of how difficult it is to comprehend this tragedy. Does healing come now? I truly hope so. All the family needs to begin the healing process.
Tamryn's father, Thomas, was in USAF dress blues. He is and will continue to be an incredible young man now faced with raising his two baby girls. I know that there will be support for him, in Abilene as well as in Nashville and Lexington. We are all here for you Thomas. Don't forget that.

Sleep well our sweet Tamryn. You will always be in our hearts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White lives matter 1 hr Who cares 2
Jesus Christ is the answer 2 hr dave 2
Thomas royal or Jessica Jenkins 3 hr Knows him 2
whats up with all the ot!!!! 4 hr tired 11
Is Keith Warren still married? 5 hr Larry 8
Jesus Christ is alive 8 hr Messenger 1
Women 8 hr yes 4

Georgetown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance