has anyone gone to court for truancy
Come on

Anderson, SC

#22 Jun 5, 2010
I dont think she meant it like that. I agree with the pregnancy rate is outrageous but nothing she can do about it or anyone at that matter. Some people have to take there mistake and go with it.
they do think that way

Cynthiana, KY

#23 Jun 6, 2010
I actually do think she meant it that way. Kids think the "new era" means that it's just fine to do as they please and then act heroic b/c they have a baby and hardships. I know they can't help it - that's how they were raised.

However, it's still ignorant.
Please people

Anderson, SC

#24 Jun 6, 2010
I dont have hardships. Im a young mother. I think shes very right. No there is no excuse for having children so young BUT some people want to start a family right out of school. Also with the new era thing shes also right you cant keep people from having sex but you can preach of what can come of it. I agree with her with teen pregnancy rate up so high now, a pregnancy in high school isnt un common. THAT doesnt not give it an excuse or say it is okay, but it isnt uncommon. People who talk about keeping legs closed and other stuff need to stop. You cant say you know anything about anyones life. The post was about truant court cases. Please keep it that way she was only sharing her experience
Information

United States

#25 Jun 10, 2010
concerned wrote:
what happens when you go to court in scott county for truancy? I think this new truancy law is wrong? People dont take their kids to the dr for every virus they get and the schools are sending parents to court.Now I'm going to court.What should I expect?
As a parent, you can expect to be questioned as to why you won't send your kid to school and asked what the reasons are why they keep missing. Chronic allergies probably won't cut it.

As a child, you can expect to be held responsible for your behavior too. If you will not go to school, you can expect to spend time in juvenile detention and possibly even being sent away to a residential placement institution (usually pretty far from Scott Co so you can't hang with your friends).

Bottom line: Get to school and avoid court in the first place!
Agreed

Georgetown, KY

#26 Jun 19, 2010
I agree with "Information." When adults have jobs, and they suffer from chronic allergies they cannot simply miss 24% of their scheduled time. If they do, they'll get fired! School is preparation for adulthood and I think accountability for attendance (or lack thereof) is really good. Children need to be IN school to learn...allergies or not!
concerned

Georgetown, KY

#27 Jul 7, 2010
my childs allergies has her in the hospital several times a year .she has respiratory disease. my husband has been laid off and i cant afford to take her to the dr every time she is sick,when i have a nebulizer at home !
another parent

Waterloo, Canada

#28 Jul 7, 2010
Have you checked into home schooling. Or go to dr hambrick he is a super doctor!!
another parent

Waterloo, Canada

#29 Jul 7, 2010
How old is your child? Maybe do like I do and send her and tell her to sneeze on everybody then they'll send her home and you won't need an excuse. Insurance is high and you can't take them everytime when home care will fix it. I have no insurance and the last time I took my child it cost 104 dollars!! Nobody can afford that more times than not.
Ugh

United States

#30 Jul 9, 2010
ummmm wrote:
yeah but putting an unborn child automatically into poverty, wic, etc is inexcusable, just cause the sex felt so good without a rubber within that hour or so time frame...
I had my
son when I was 16. I go to college and have a job. We are not poor. I'm not on wic foodstamps or anything. I was only on wic the first two months. Eat it asshole. Obviously you don't know anything about parenting or teen mothers.
questions

Waterloo, Canada

#31 Jul 9, 2010
Ugh- you go girl! I'm proud of you, keep it up.
ummmm

Winchester, KY

#32 Jul 14, 2010
ugh...you are the minority not the majority. Should I start do backflips that 1 woman made it ok with being a teen mom?
opinions are free

Waterloo, Canada

#33 Jul 14, 2010
If one didn't count then they wouldn't have the saying "every vote counts"!!! I AM PROUD OF YOU UGH. Don't let anyone bring you down.
kareen

Houston, TX

#34 Dec 29, 2012
I got a turency letter saying I have to attend to court next month. What is it that they tell yu and how much would the fine be? Or what are my concequences?:/
jdkr

Chicago, IL

#35 Dec 29, 2012
A child shouldn't b missing that many days. I would question it too? But I do agree that just cause a child has a fever doesn't mean rush them to do for. Sometimes it's just a 24 he thing. My kids have that time to time and I don't take them. No one wants to pay co pays over and over unless its serious. My son has ever mold allergy he is on 2 meds and he still attends school even though it gets pretty bad. U suck it up and go on. Some of u people on here r ridiculous with ur comments.
curious

United States

#36 Dec 30, 2012
I think there are cases that parents lets the kids stay home to much. But I think the schools has to much control. When they think they know more about the health of my child than I do, there is something wrong. And especially when they really concern with how much money they will get for attendance. I promise they don't care if your child is at school for what they learn. It is a numbers game for them.
Wka

Edwardsville, IL

#37 Nov 11, 2013
Does Scott city have a program where they pay a child to go to school or award them for going to school
D

Georgetown, KY

#38 Nov 11, 2013
Wka wrote:
Does Scott city have a program where they pay a child to go to school or award them for going to school
What?!? R u serious???? No way!!!!!
momof2

Georgetown, KY

#40 Nov 20, 2013
I would consider homeschooling. I homeschool for 6 months (to finish out a school year) because my son who also has severe allergies and asthma stayed sick and was in and out if the hospital. Good luck!
Kierstin

Menahga, MN

#41 Nov 21, 2013
what will happen when I go to court for my first time getting charged with truancy in the state of Minnesota for missing 5 days unexcused?
yep

Richmond, KY

#42 Nov 21, 2013
Kierstin wrote:
what will happen when I go to court for my first time getting charged with truancy in the state of Minnesota for missing 5 days unexcused?
You aren't telling the whole story. No one goes to court for 5 unexcused absences. I don't buy it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
shooting up Toyota 24 min lol 6
Georgetown needs a steakhouse (Oct '15) 2 hr Daniel Carver 30
Police shooting African Americans 4 hr Wang0 Tang0 9
UAW Union vote coming to Toyota (Dec '15) 10 hr devilsadvocate 478
Ronald W Burton (Ronnie) 14 hr lmao 10
know scott strong? (Aug '09) 15 hr Krose4ever 7
News Family To Hold Memorial For Daughter 19 Years A... (Nov '12) 18 hr nana4 3

Georgetown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance