has anyone gone to court for truancy

Posted in the Georgetown Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
concerned

Georgetown, KY

#1 Jun 2, 2010
what happens when you go to court in scott county for truancy? I think this new truancy law is wrong? People dont take their kids to the dr for every virus they get and the schools are sending parents to court.Now I'm going to court.What should I expect?
yeah well

Winchester, KY

#2 Jun 2, 2010
You should expect to provide doctor's records of all appointments so they can see that your excuses are legitimate.

How many absences are you talking about?
disgusted

Georgetown, KY

#3 Jun 2, 2010
Not every illness requires a dr. visit.We have 8 kids in our house. my son has chronic allergies and has missed 42 days this year. I cannot take each child to the dr over everything.by the way my son has a 98% average.
Maggie N

AOL

#4 Jun 2, 2010
I went to court for turency my Senior year. If it is your first time they will tell you not to miss anymore school for the rest of the year without an excuse and to pass. If you dont you get probation
yeah well

Winchester, KY

#5 Jun 2, 2010
42 out of 177 is 24% of the school year. Chronic allergies are very treatable and a doctor would have prescribed something to fix this. Is having 8 kids part of the problem of getting him to school, or does he ride the bus?

concerned

Georgetown, KY

#6 Jun 2, 2010
Thank you maggie. I just wanted to know what to expect.
disgusted

Georgetown, KY

#7 Jun 2, 2010
I do not have insurance. The number of my children has nothing to do with it. He rides the bus.the schools are quick to file charges for absences, only because of money.but do nothing about bullying ,sexual harrassment,drugs.Our kids arent even safe at school
Maggie N

AOL

#8 Jun 2, 2010
lol My Fiance hurt his leg in the middle of the year and missed about 68 days of school. He could have went to school but didnt want to go through the troubles of a wheelchair He prob. stopped going at the end of oct and didnt go back till the middle of jan. He missed a lot more than 68 days but the school only had a record of that many. He didnt have to do any work and didnt have a home bound teacher till the last... 3 weeks? He graduated with honors and a 3.8. I missed 52 days and most of them I was just late bc I was pregnant. I was having sickness the whole pregnancy and the smoke in the school was horrible. I couldnt stand it. Oh not to mention they dont have air? I do agree that the system is not right. He could have went to school for sure just was to lazy and that he didnt he should have had to do some sort of school work at home. He sat at home playing games his whole senior year while I went to school pregnant forced to go into smoke filled bathrooms to throw up and no air can really hurt a preg girl not to mention the over croweded hall ways that my belly and I were pushed around in. Who would want to do that?
ummmm

Winchester, KY

#9 Jun 2, 2010
use a rubber, and not be pregnant durring your high school career...
concerned

Georgetown, KY

#10 Jun 2, 2010
omg come on ummmmmmmm. your comment is not needed.Thats whats wrong with this site. people should be able to post questions and concerns and get REAL advice without someone replying rude and inconsiderate.PLENTY of people have become parents in school while not ideal most do just fine.Baby's are a gift from God no matter when they arrive
concerned

Georgetown, KY

#12 Jun 2, 2010
how do you know its poverty,wic etc?
concerned

Georgetown, KY

#13 Jun 2, 2010
Im just talking about truancy!!!not gossiping about someone else personal business
Maggie N

AOL

#14 Jun 2, 2010
haha. I dont know where you come from but its a new age. High school pregnancy isnt uncommon. Yes a mistake at the time but no more a mistake. My son has made my life 100% better. I dont reley on welfare and I deff. Dont live in pverty. Oh and for the count I was not a "teen" Mother I am not a teen and didnt have my son while i was in school i had him after i graduated.
freeked out

Georgetown, KY

#15 Jun 2, 2010
Ive missed 35 days this year only 10 with dr note.i have had a hard time with girls at school being mean my mom reported it and only made it worse.my dad got served to go to court over me last week.will he go to jail?
yeah well

Winchester, KY

#16 Jun 2, 2010
It's not the new age that brings about unwed mothers: it's scott county!
Maggie N

Clarksville, TN

#17 Jun 2, 2010
Bahaha No its USA. Freeked out. If its your first time no. He will just be told to make u go to school next missed day without a doc note he will go back to court so be careful!
lololol

Georgetown, KY

#18 Jun 2, 2010
maggie dont try and justify the fact that your a who-re and so is the rest of the lil girls that think they are big and cant keep their legs closed. But its our parents fault, they need to teach you lil who-res some morals and self respect.
Maggie N

Clarksville, TN

#19 Jun 2, 2010
bet you cant say that to every young mother!
ummmm

Winchester, KY

#20 Jun 3, 2010
and all the "omg come on's" and "Its a new age" blah blah blah, does not make it right, never will be. The media and dumb a$$ MTV corrupted the youth to all you little girls think about it how slu&&y can I look so maybe he will like me. It honestly makes me sick, to the point where I really wanna backhand you all and tell you to dress like a woman with common sense.

Your little "new era" and "new thinking" is the reason the evolution of man will pretty much be destroyed, I mean with all the STD warnings that use to be told, that has gone out the window....It is projected that by 2025 3 out of 5 people will have aids. Also reported that there will be a huge increase in divorce, infidelity, and kids in adoption homes. Thanks Kids. Welcome to Generation ME.
you got it

Cynthiana, KY

#21 Jun 3, 2010
You nailed it, but this is a generational thing that can't be fixed just by defining what is going on. These too-young parents will raise children with the same values who become too-young parents, etc, etc.

Don't know what the solution: family is your greatest influence: schools can't compete, and if kids aren't raised in church, they are unlikely to come to God on their own: how can they make the choice of religion if they have no experience from which to choose?

Yes, kids these days commonly have STD's. It's a nasty age, but just do the best to raise your kids better and give them a chance to rise above it. I pray for the many children growing up in homes with no one raising them, even if they have a parent or two who live there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Toyota tells Kentucky plant workers: Cut costs ... 45 min lol 1
Georgetown Sex Offenders (Sep '10) 5 hr Just plain nasty 48
Ronald Burke 17 hr Big Mac 3
How Often Toyota Pays Bonuses? How much? (Jan '13) 18 hr easy 107
Quik Stop girl 20 hr Big Bob is my Bish 7
Mancenos Pizza 22 hr Pizzaless 6
Georgetown Police Department (Feb '13) 22 hr mokh 32

Georgetown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance