First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Aw man

Mount Sterling, KY

#1 Jun 13, 2012
Did they go out of business? Damn can't drink beer downtown anymore!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#3 Jun 13, 2012
Closed for a week. Renovations.
customer

United States

#4 Jun 13, 2012
We won't be going to Galvins any more. Mainly for the service. We stood at the front door waiting to be seated for 10 minutes with a baby. The owner was at the bar talking to the bartender and kept looking at us. The foods decent, but seems everybody that works there is lazy. People expect tips for nothing, well do your job and you'll get a tip. I hope they renovate the staff!
customer

United States

#5 Jun 13, 2012
And I can understand if it happens one time, but this is everytime we go. ALWAYS crappy service!
Hey Dummy

Mount Sterling, KY

#6 Jun 13, 2012
customer wrote:
We won't be going to Galvins any more. Mainly for the service. We stood at the front door waiting to be seated for 10 minutes with a baby. The owner was at the bar talking to the bartender and kept looking at us. The foods decent, but seems everybody that works there is lazy. People expect tips for nothing, well do your job and you'll get a tip. I hope they renovate the staff!
Good it will make it easier for me to get a table!
Who brings a baby to a bar?
What

Aberdeen, OH

#7 Jun 14, 2012
Rumor Mill:

Definition:

A group or network of persons who originate or promulgate gossip and other unsubstantiated claims.
here.

Hollywood, FL

#8 Jun 14, 2012
Every time I go there I get great food and great service... I love the staff and the girls have always been super sweet and nice to me.
Blah

United States

#9 Jun 14, 2012
The service has always been ok, nothing great nothing bad. The food is average too. I've tried several items and nothing really stood out as something to brag about. Seems like the owners really wanted a bar, but were forced to sell food since Georgetown is a "dry" county. If you want to see your local politicians, attorneys and other local well knows drunk and driving away in their cars, this is the place to be at closing time.
PILL BILLY

Mount Sterling, KY

#10 Jun 14, 2012
several of my "clients" work there.
customer

United States

#11 Jun 14, 2012
Hey Dummy wrote:
<quoted text>
Good it will make it easier for me to get a table!
Who brings a baby to a bar?
Are you retarded? Galvins is a restaraunt with a bar. Some people are idiots lol. Go to Rose and Jims if you're looking for a bar. Stupid drunk lol
foon

AOL

#12 Jun 14, 2012
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO @ rose and jims LMAOOOOOOOOO talk about a joke...anyways... the owner of galvins is screwing half the staff there,,,, thats the ONLY way they <women> can keep there job !!!! sad if you ask me !!!!!!!!!!
Blah

El Monte, CA

#13 Jun 14, 2012
Bad service.. Food was okay not great! Been one time wont go back...
been there

Mount Sterling, KY

#14 Jun 14, 2012
I have been only once also and won't be back. I can do better at my own house (and that's not saying much)
really.

United States

#15 Jun 14, 2012
For those people who have been there once and won't return... Please tell me why Galvins is the busiest restaurant in town every Friday and Saturday night with an hour or more wait. The waitress's make over $100 easily every night of the week and Galvins continues to win all the "voting" contests in Georgetown hosted by the Georgetown News Graphic. Obviously there's nothing wrong with them, probably just dumb ass rednecks who don't know how to treat waitress's, tip shitty and expect good service for a whole $1.50. Not going to happen.
Blah

United States

#16 Jun 14, 2012
[QUOTE who="really. "]For those people who have been there once and won't return... Please tell me why Galvins is the busiest restaurant in town every Friday and Saturday night with an hour or more wait. The waitress's make over $100 easily every night of the week and Galvins continues to win all the "voting" contests in Georgetown hosted by the Georgetown News Graphic. Obviously there's nothing wrong with them, probably just dumb ass rednecks who don't know how to treat waitress's, tip shitty and expect good service for a whole $1.50. Not going to happen.[/QUOTE]
It's that busy on a Friday and Saturday night because they serve alcohol.
here.

United States

#17 Jun 14, 2012
Blah wrote:
[QUOTE who="really. "]For those people who have been there once and won't return... Please tell me why Galvins is the busiest restaurant in town every Friday and Saturday night with an hour or more wait. The waitress's make over $100 easily every night of the week and Galvins continues to win all the "voting" contests in Georgetown hosted by the Georgetown News Graphic. Obviously there's nothing wrong with them, probably just dumb ass rednecks who don't know how to treat waitress's, tip shitty and expect good service for a whole $1.50. Not going to happen."

It's that busy on a Friday and Saturday night because they serve alcohol.
So do Applebees, O'Charleys, and any Mexican restaurant in town but they don't have an hour/plus wait?!
Blah

United States

#18 Jun 14, 2012
[QUOTE who="here."]<quot ed text>So do Applebees, O'Charleys, and any Mexican restaurant in town but they don't have an hour/plus wait?![/QUOTE]
Actually they usually do. But it seems you have your head stuck so far up Galvins a$$ you wouldn't know. You must be an upset waitress who the owner stopped doing, doesn't make good tips because you suck at your job or you are the owners.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#19 Jun 14, 2012
Love Galvin's!!!! I can't imagine getting bad service 'several times..if you would mention it to the manager....something would be done . All restaurants will have some problems...but Galvin's seems to value their customers satisfaction...The food is good, fresh and reasonably priced...close too! I wish they would have specials once in a while to have a change....but 'if it ain't broke.....'

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#20 Jun 14, 2012
Luvdogs, I must take umbrage with the fact that they value their customers. The wait staff may, but part of the ownership could give a rat's a$$!! Experience talking here; not just vitriol.
seriously

Crete, IL

#21 Jun 18, 2012
customer wrote:
Do you think just because you have a baby in a restaurant you will get seated faster? Not sure that's going to happen. We go to Galvin's regularly, love the food and always get great service. Owner seems like a very nice lady. If anything is wrong with your order it's fixed immediately. Will go there before Crapplebees or Suck'Charley's any day of the week.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 17 min Demonicrats 153,775
Erin minix 41 min katie fisher 2
Toyota day at Kings Island (Aug '13) 1 hr Really_need_help_... 10
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 1 hr Democrat for Mitch 5,218
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 2 hr Bill 26,279
Brandon Fisher 4 hr Lynn 13
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 5 hr Princess412 81,638
•••
•••
•••

Georgetown Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Georgetown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE