Grace Christian Early Childhood Devel...

Grace Christian Early Childhood Development Center

Posted in the Georgetown Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
REALLY

Georgetown, KY

#1 Mar 7, 2012
REALLY!!!! Is this a church affiliatd organization. What about passing judgement on others, doesn't sound very christian to me!!! Is it Tori or is the chruch members on the board for the day care? Not sure I want to continue allowing my child to attend this daycare. I thought when I enrolled it would be a christian environment with morals and standards. They sure don't treat their employees in a "christian" way. Please tell me any experiences you have had with this day care??? I question if the church is a money making institution or really a church??? Tell me so I can make the correct decision???
My kids are there now

Georgetown, KY

#2 Mar 7, 2012
Have had kids in it continuously since they opened, and it's the best early learning facility in the region. I wouldn't allow my kids to go anywhere else.

I will say that I personally like Julie more than Tori though.
REALLY

Georgetown, KY

#3 Mar 7, 2012
I hope you realize all that is really going on there. Have you heard about the mice??? And how the employees are treated? What about the trun around of the workers?
My kids are there now

Georgetown, KY

#4 Mar 7, 2012
Yup-have been in the center myself dozens of times, day and night. No mice. My older child goes into the kitchen all the time during Wed night service and Sunday morning and has never seen one either.

The employees I know that work there are happy. I wouldn't want an unhappy worker watching my kids.

The turnover is high due to wages earned from being a non profit facility. Teachers can earn more at for profit facilities-they leave when the opportunity arises.

Thanks for starting another witchhunt.
Wrong

Herndon, VA

#5 Mar 8, 2012
Um they are FOR profit you idiot....they are in no way united way funded or anything like that. They make their own money from the tuition. PS, have you seen how Many state violations they have had with licensing? The Violations are supposed to be posted within the center! They have violated ratio a countless number of times, the director knew there wasn't enough staff there for all the children but chose to not show up for hours later....they will say there were no Subs available but don't you think they should step in the classroom themselves instead of allowing one person have WAY too many kids alone?! The management SUCKS!
Ignorant people

United States

#6 Mar 8, 2012
Grace is NOT a non-profit organization! They are completely "for profit". There are rules and regulations that govern non-profit organizations and Grace follows their own rules. Rules that continually change towards their employees based on "the board"'s viewpoints. Who ARE the members if "the board"? Church members that are hand-picked by Gary & Tori? And speaking of Tori--what iS the relationship between her & Gary? They make decisions that in any other workplace are forms of prejudice! Why are there no blacks working at Grace??!! No other minorities either!! Discrimination takes many forms! I believe Grace is on the verge of being exposed for what they truly are--hippocrits hiding behind a "board" with undisclosed members that all live in glass houses!!
State violations

United States

#7 Mar 8, 2012
Parents are kept in the dark. There us never anyone in the office when the center opens so they avoid speaking to parents. I pulled my child out because of the screaming of a teacher towards her classroom. Tori Black knew about it but wouldn't do anything about it. This center is NOT Christian based-they are MoNEY based. They can't keep good staff because of the way they treat them. My child now goes to Peovidence. They ARE faith based, do background & drug testing on employees, and respect the parents & children. I regret that I ever wasted my time & money on that rat-infested place. Oh--of course mice will hide when people are around--but they don't hit at it--the employees aren't allowed to disinfect the place regularly either!
Incestigate

United States

#8 Mar 8, 2012
My kids are there now wrote:
Have had kids in it continuously since they opened, and it's the best early learning facility in the region. I wouldn't allow my kids to go anywhere else.
I will say that I personally like Julie more than Tori though.
Then you should look more closely! Ask them for a copy of state violations and see if they let you see them. I'm betting they won't.
Ignorance is bliss

United States

#9 Mar 8, 2012
You are so ignorant!
Yup-have been in the center myself dozens of times, day and night. No mice. My older child goes into the kitchen all the time during Wed night service and Sunday morning and has never seen one either.
The employees I know that work there are happy. I wouldn't want an unhappy worker watching my kids.
The turnover is high due to wages earned from being a non profit facility. Teachers can earn
more at for profit facilities-they leave when the
You obviously know nothing about the industry. Non-profit organizations are state funded programs, not church money maker endeavors! Get your facts straight before you comment. Are you in Gary's cult? Brainwashed? Thus place has already been brought up on child abuse allegations before. I'm willing to bet that they sacrificed someone innocent to get the heat off them! Crooked bunch!
opportunity arises.
Out in the open

United States

#10 Mar 8, 2012
It won't be long before the sins of Tori come to light. Anybody know how to contact the board??? Who's on the board--Gary & Gary? Let's not forget Torie. How about some of those with their noses inserted in Torie's rectum? How ever does she stay seated for such long periods?!
non-profit

Lexington, KY

#11 Mar 8, 2012
Geesh! why can't any of you morons take 60 seconds to look stuff up before you run off at the mouth. They ARE non-profit. Such information is public!

http://apps.sos.ky.gov/ImageWebViewer/%28S%28...
Weather man

United States

#12 Mar 8, 2012
Hmm noticed it's raining today!! Good thing the bridge isn't flooded...anyone remember the chaos that happened last time?! The stupid director decided to NOT close early and when parents were finally notified the bridge was COVERED in water! Very dangerous situation. I recall several pissed off parents!!! The 2nd time it happened, parents were notified in a timely manner. It shouldn't take a dangerous situation to occur first for management to make a wise decision!
Hmmm

Georgetown, KY

#13 Mar 8, 2012
Calling people ignorant and idiots make me feel good that parents like you no longer have your kids around mine at Grace. Look, for every kid that leaves, another comes off the waiting list, thanks for making openings for families that need and want the facility. It looks like my 5 year old has better spelling than many of you too.

It looks to me like someone is jealous at what Grace has to offer. Make your own daycare better and Grace won't take your kids away.
Busted

Georgetown, KY

#14 Mar 8, 2012
The last 6 negative comments against Grace Early Learning center are the same person under different names. Please disregard anything from Dayton Ohio.
Serious

Georgetown, KY

#15 Mar 11, 2012
The turnover is high due to wages earned from being a non profit facility. Teachers can earn more at for profit facilities-they leave when the opportunity arises.
You better do your homework! I took my kids out when my neighbors young son was found by a church member hiding behind an air condition unit. The pathetic thing was he had never been missed so it's unknown how long how long he was alone. In my opinion this is a money making institution! If the person in charge really cared about the kids he would clean up the mess starting with tori and Tara!
Reek

Georgetown, KY

#16 Mar 11, 2012
Why does this daycare keep getting brought up? Is this a story of where there is smoke, there is fire?

If you got some dirt on this place, then please tell us! Inquiring minds want to know!!!
Real

Georgetown, KY

#17 Mar 11, 2012
140 children attend this facility with a waiting list.

One of 2 things is happening here:
-the other daycares that lost the 140 kids are trying to put out bad word to gain business back.

-someone was let go and has a bone to pick, constantly throwing the center under the bus. That person looks to have been around Dayton, Oh last week.

Notice that nobody ever has anything direct about the center, it's "my neighbor said, or my friend said"

It's sad really.
Hannah

United States

#18 Mar 13, 2012
State violations wrote:
Parents are kept in the dark. There us never anyone in the office when the center opens so they avoid speaking to parents. I pulled my child out because of the screaming of a teacher towards her classroom. Tori Black knew about it but wouldn't do anything about it. This center is NOT Christian based-they are MoNEY based. They can't keep good staff because of the way they treat them. My child now goes to Peovidence. They ARE faith based, do background & drug testing on employees, and respect the parents & children. I regret that I ever wasted my time & money on that rat-infested place. Oh--of course mice will hide when people are around--but they don't hit at it--the employees aren't allowed to disinfect the place regularly either!
You sound like an insider..what more can you tell us??? Was thinking of starting my child there.
Gerald

Georgetown, KY

#19 Mar 15, 2012
I hear the bosses and owners are never there? true?
True

United States

#20 Mar 15, 2012
Gerald wrote:
I hear the bosses and owners are never there? true?
True. They don't show up until about 9-9:30. Way past drop off. It's frusterating because you can never see a director when you drop your child off, OR pick them up (unless it's before 4:00). I pick up between 5-6, and NO one in the office is around. So ridiculous!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Final Four 9 min Hate Georgetown 1
Best place to work maintenance besides Toyota 25 min Beau 2016 2
Toyota Bonuses another slap in the face 1 hr birdie 40
Need to get laid 3 hr Kim 2
people have to pretend you're a bad person 6 hr some men are dogs 25
Cheaters (Sep '09) 9 hr Mansbooty 32
Biggest players in georgetown (Oct '09) 11 hr Google 18

Georgetown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance