Murder Charge Filed In Crash That Kil...

Murder Charge Filed In Crash That Killed Georgetown Man

There are 50 comments on the KLEX TV story from Jun 12, 2010, titled Murder Charge Filed In Crash That Killed Georgetown Man. In it, KLEX TV reports that:

A Scott County man now faces a murder charge following an April crash that killed a Georgetown man.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KLEX TV.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Abouttime

United States

#1 Jun 12, 2010
Hope this helps Glens family knowing someone will be held responsible for taking the life of their loved one.
teed off

Lexington, KY

#2 Jun 13, 2010
I hear that this person has been arrested before for DUI. People like this should be taken off the streets. It's always just a matter of time before something like this happens. I hope that it helps their family, but it won't ever bring him back.
sigh

Chicago, IL

#3 Jun 13, 2010
teed off I agree.

You might want to check into the judges in gtown and how often they let people with DUIs off the hook with no punishment at all. They often dismiss the case. The police have even started to watch a person to see if they go over the line 3 or more times, give the suspect several tests including checking the alcohol content and the judges in this town still let them go. Even when they plead guilty, they will give them time already served.

So the people drinking and driving know that there will either little or no consequences to their actions bc the judges in gtown choose not to punish them.

It is open records I urge everyone to look into them.
for sure

Dayton, OH

#4 Jun 14, 2010
I know a guy that was on cocaine,heroin and drunk with a BAL of 1.42 also he had no license,and he had 3 children in the car.One was 13months,a 4month,and a 8year old! He passed out driving and hit a telephone pole on south Broadway and Thank god the Children were not hurt!! He went to jail that night after going to the hospital and then was let go in the morning after he sobered up! He spent a total of 6 hours in jail and then the case was thrown out!The sad part is that all the drugs showed up in his system and they let him walk!
just sayin

Richmond, KY

#5 Jun 14, 2010
"for sure" I'm not disagreeing with u but u can't have a BAL of 1.42! at .4 a person is considered almost dead! Check into what ur sayin before u put something like that on here!
Annoying

Winchester, KY

#6 Jun 14, 2010
for sure wrote:
I know a guy that was on cocaine,heroin and drunk with a BAL of 1.42 also he had no license,and he had 3 children in the car.One was 13months,a 4month,and a 8year old! He passed out driving and hit a telephone pole on south Broadway and Thank god the Children were not hurt!! He went to jail that night after going to the hospital and then was let go in the morning after he sobered up! He spent a total of 6 hours in jail and then the case was thrown out!The sad part is that all the drugs showed up in his system and they let him walk!
Thats Scott County's system for you!! Now lets just see if he actually gets time out of it!!
hmmm

United States

#7 Jun 14, 2010
Just Sayin, the guy that is charged with a murder charge was said to have more alcohol in his body than possible.

What you dont get is that if a person is an alcoholic or a drug addict their body has more tolerance and it takes more and more to get drunk or to get that high they want. Their body is used to and eventually will give out from the liver, or kidneys but it usually takes awhile.

Now a person who doesnt usually drink but drank that much probally would get alcohol poisoning and die, or overdoes and die.

But it can happen, so maybe you need to check into before you tell others to do so.
yeah well

Winchester, KY

#8 Jun 14, 2010
geniuses, all a u.
legal eagle

United States

#10 Jun 14, 2010
let the court system do it's job and stop all this drama
sigh

Zoe, KY

#11 Jun 15, 2010
That is the problem the court system doesnt do its job when you have judges that dismiss almost every DUI that they see. Even the ones that are plead guilty.
Savanha

Cincinnati, OH

#12 Jun 15, 2010
I cant believe the damn court has let the man charged with murder get out on bail. Thats bullshit! And like Dwayne said on the news, this trial process will probably be drug out for like a year and thats a year that this killer will be able to be homw and with his family and sleep in his own bed while Glen will never be able to do any of these things ever again :( RIP Glen. You are missed!
missing a friend

Lexington, KY

#13 Jun 16, 2010
I agree with Savanha. He will sit at home for a long time and probably still be drinking and driving. What happens if someone else gets hurt or killed? Also, I wondered how you can bail out of jail on a murder charge?
Abouttime

United States

#14 Jun 16, 2010
U can bet the charge will be amended down to involuntary manslaughter and carries sentence of 5 to 10 years. So yes the court system sucks cause the victim lost his life and the drunk will have a second chance at life!!!
think

Lexington, KY

#15 Jun 17, 2010
you are talking sh** bout this man but Glen was on drugs too,he was foaming out his mouth when people went to his car to check on him. just because he died and the drunk didnt dont make him any differnt than the drunk
Abouttime

United States

#16 Jun 18, 2010
think wrote:
you are talking sh** bout this man but Glen was on drugs too,he was foaming out his mouth when people went to his car to check on him. just because he died and the drunk didnt dont make him any differnt than the drunk
foaming at mouth doesnt automatically mean drugs. In medical class its been seen in drownings and hangings and other things.
i hope

Georgetown, KY

#17 Jun 18, 2010
think wrote:
how do u know were you there??? Or how about to other 2cars that was there what did they do to deserve to be hit?? huh please elaborate on this you idiot
Savanha

Cincinnati, OH

#18 Jun 18, 2010
No one will ever know if Glen was on drugs or not, we werent there when he lost his life. But like said above, foaming at the mouth does not mean that he was on drugs. The guys body was going thru drastic pain im sure and he was unresponsive. But one thing is 4 sure... Glen isnt the one who crossed the center line hitting 3 cars and killing someone, now is he? No. He was the one who suffered from the acts of this cruel act (drinking and driving) and lost his life wayyyy to soon. And as far as im concerned, whoever wants to take up for the man who killed an innocent person can go strait to hell with Carl Lewis.
i hope

Georgetown, KY

#19 Jun 18, 2010
Savanha wrote:
No one will ever know if Glen was on drugs or not, we werent there when he lost his life. But like said above, foaming at the mouth does not mean that he was on drugs. The guys body was going thru drastic pain im sure and he was unresponsive. But one thing is 4 sure... Glen isnt the one who crossed the center line hitting 3 cars and killing someone, now is he? No. He was the one who suffered from the acts of this cruel act (drinking and driving) and lost his life wayyyy to soon. And as far as im concerned, whoever wants to take up for the man who killed an innocent person can go strait to hell with Carl Lewis.
thats right!! And i love how people make up stuff months after the accident like they were present or something..
think

Lexington, KY

#20 Jun 18, 2010
i was there
Mee

Georgetown, KY

#21 Jun 19, 2010
think wrote:
i was there
Well your bullshitter, and no one likes a bullshitter. Make sure you know what your talkin bout before you post. I have looked EVERYWHERE online and not once does it say he had cocain in his system. I have seen the reports and he had NOTHING like that in his system. So just let him RIP

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
For those wondering about TMMK (Jan '14) 3 hr Profisc 105
Wal mart better bonus than toyota 5 hr Big Mike 21
Michelle Alcorn 10 hr LuvinNubs 11
Rumbling noise? (Jun '11) 11 hr Wakefield 26
smc at toyota (Jan '13) 13 hr Den2tab 33
Who Mary dawn 17 hr Mary dawn 16
Ant homeless female need a place to stay 18 hr parrot 23

Georgetown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance