21 - 40 of 78 Comments Last updated Nov 27, 2009
diggs

Lawson, MO

#21 Nov 6, 2009
diggins
Silly

Georgetown, KY

#22 Nov 6, 2009
EvilThings, Iíll try to spell this out slowly for you since youíre obviously having trouble keeping up. No one cares if you smoke marijuana. As long as youíre not selling to minors or smoking with kids in the house no one cares. What were discussing here are the harder drugs like the plagues of pain pills and meth that have invaded our community. The only thing I will say about smoking and getting busted for marijuana is that you know itís illegal. You know if you get caught you go to jail. If you get busted you seriously canít complain. Surly that concept canít be all that hard to grasp. Do something thatís against the law and you risking jail. If I get pulled over for speeding Iím not going to get mad at the car company or the manufacture of the radar detector. Iím an adult so I accept responsibility for my actions. Perhaps itís time for you to do the same. In case youíre having trouble keeping up through your haze of dyeing brain cells no one cares if you continue to live in your parentís basement/shack apartment for the rest of your life. No one cares if you and all your friends sit and smoke yourself into oblivion. For those of us who look outside of our window and donít like what we see, those who are concerned about what is happening to our community I say stop making excuses for them. Stop telling yourself itís not your problem. Stop hoping it will get better while doing nothing to make it so. Seek out information about the small group of people who are bringing this poison into our community and call the authorities. We are the majority, they are not. They only have the ability to poison our community if we let them. We stand by and do nothing while they bring in the drugs and walk away with a laugh and a pocket full of money. The definition on evil is when good men become indifferent.
I agree

Verona, KY

#23 Nov 6, 2009
EvilThings wrote:
but if i moved away to somewhere with an intelligent take on marijuana then id have no more lives to ruin :-(
Noone is talking about pot. We are talking about Prescription pills that are being sold to people that do not need them and get addicted. Let me say it for you one more time, bc you seem to be slow in comprehending. Pills is the topic, not pot. Noone cares about you smoking it up.

To the other poster, no it isnt a govt conspiracy.

Since: Nov 09

Georgetown

#24 Nov 6, 2009
Pills aint bad either.Buncha stupid kids with no self control give everything a bad name.Everything is good in moderation. Promise if you did them like once a month or every few weeks,you'd like them too.
A Drug is a Drug

United States

#25 Nov 7, 2009
2 be honest wrote:
I would rather see somebody smoke weed anyday then take pills or drink themselves 2 death...How many ppl have you actually heard of that has smoked a joint and got behind the wheel of a car and killed someone? How many ppl hv u heard of that has died from smoking weed? Instead, so many ppl are dying from overdose of drugs or sclerosis of liver due 2 alcohol and pain pill usuage. Or ppl are committing crimes 2 support their high $ habits. In my opinion weed is far less harmless then the rest of the things! Even tho I don't agree with the usuage of drugs of any kind bc there's more 2 life and it's a waste of money that cld b used for better things. But, if ppl choose 2 use drugs I wld rather see them smoke. Anyways, Ppl need 2 worry about the ppl that are destroyin' themselves and their families. I hv personally been and still am a witness 2 watchin' a close loved one destroy themselves due 2 pain pill addiction and trust me It's something NO ONE shld hv 2 deal with!! Its hard bc theres nothing u can do for that person unless THEY want help. So, you just have to be there for them and hope and pray that u dont get that one last phone call. I kw that I will get some negative feedback but IDC bc this is my personal opinon and I'm entilted 2 it! First Amendment:)
I do agree that weed is less harmful to the body, but it alters the mind like any other drug.. Not many pple just smoke weed. They may start off smoking weed, But as it is and was for me, It is the gateway drug.. I just smoked weed for a little while, but eventually It stopped doing the job, so I moved up to bigger things.. They're all drugs, and they all cause harm... WEED IS NO BETTER OR WORSE.. ITS JUS AS BAD IF IT LEADS YOU IN THE DIRECTION ITS PROVEN TIME AND TIME AGAIn..

CHECK OUT THE ADDICTION TOPIC!!!!
All

Georgetown, KY

#26 Nov 7, 2009
EvilThings:
It is an indisputable medical fact that pain pills are an addictive substance.
More than 29 percent of teens in treatment are dependent on tranquilizers, sedatives, amphetamines, and other stimulants (all types of prescription drugs).
Painkillers, such as Vicodin and OxyContin, are opiates and are very powerful medications that need to be taken under the close supervision of a doctor. These medications, when taken inappropriately, can cause addiction because they impact the same areas of the brain as heroin.
Abusing prescription drugs for the first time before age 16 leads to a greater risk of dependence later in life.
Unintentional poisoning deaths involving psychotherapeutic drugs, such as sedative-hypnotics and anti-depressants, grew 84 percent from 1999 to 2004.
Between 1995 and 2005, treatment admissions for dependence on prescription painkillers grew more than 300 percent.
It is a common belief in the medical community that frequent use of pain killers can and will lessen the bodyís natural pain tolerance. If you use pain killers even every other week it can lessen your bodyís natural tolerance to pain. I would be willing to be that after a few benders you notice your back ect. hurting more often.
If you are buying and or selling pain pills then you share the responsibility of those who put their children and their communities at risk. If you are selling to children when you get caught and go to prison the other inmates will take care of you. They donít look kindly on anyone with an offence against children.
When people abuse pain pills they make it more difficult for those who have a legitimate need for treatment to get it. Some doctors are now afraid of offer pain relief to their patients because of the increase of abuse of prescription medication. I really want you to remember that next time you decide you want to use pills for recreational use. Because you are abusing them you are just taking it that much harder for someone who needs them to get them. Then again I gather you are someone who doesnít really care about others so that shouldnít bother you.
Recreational use of pain pills is illegal and statically speaking if you are selling or buying them you will get caught and the penalties for abuse of prescription drugs increase every year. Weíre not talking six months; this is more like ten years.
Personally I have really good things in my life. I have an outstanding family and a wonderful child. I enjoy my life and a generally a happy person. Iím not for a second implying my life is perfect but I have much better forms of recreation than from s pill. If it comes down to it the high I get from watching my child go down a slide at the park beats any artificial high every day of the week! The truth is that if you WORK at having a life you can enjoy you donít need drugs. Iíve worked really hard to be where I am, I have earned the kind of happiness that a drug could never deliver. EvilThings, keep living you sad little drug induced existence. Keep feeling superior to all of us who live the kind of lives we can be proud of. Time will tell who has more happiness in the long run.
wow

Lexington, KY

#27 Nov 7, 2009
how many people got pop. i heard 187
I agree

Jackson, KY

#28 Nov 7, 2009
Drug overdose is the second leading cause of accidental death, behind only motor vehicle accidents (43,667) and ahead of firearms deaths (30,694). This is a 2005 study. The latest studies show that 106,000 aprox. and 360,000 put in hospitals. Evil things, these arent just kids. You are stupid if you have fooled yourself to believe otherwise. I feel sorry for you if you feel that the only way for you to be happy is to be high from pot and pills, but most of all I feel sorry for your family. They are the ones who are harmed the most from an addict. They watch their loved ones steal, lie and die right in front of them.

What's more disturbing is that the 2005 figures are only the latest in such a seemingly inexorable increase in overdose deaths that the eras of the 1970s heroin epidemic and the 1980s crack wave pale in comparison. According to the CDC, some 10,000 died of overdoses in 1990; by 1999, that number had hit 20,000; and in the six years between then and 2005, it increased by more than 60%.

"The death toll is equivalent to a hundred 757s crashing and killing everybody on board every year, but this doesn't make the news," said Dan Bigg of the Chicago Recovery Alliance
wow

Lexington, KY

#29 Nov 7, 2009
who wrote:
<quoted text> BJ Hillard is one I know of.
did they hit the north end of town ? any web sites on this story ? how many people ? hard to find info on what is going on except hear say. i heard 187 people,is that true ?
yes

Seoul, Korea

#30 Nov 7, 2009
More 2 come
truth

United States

#31 Nov 7, 2009
they need to watch steve hail at krogers. he has been known to sell pain pills to the younger generation up there that works with him. the old man works in the bread isle at krogers at 46 yrs old. what a real winner. stocking bread shelfs and supplying teenagers with drugs.
All

Georgetown, KY

#32 Nov 7, 2009
Truth you should really contact the police if you have any information. To those who are guessing about who has been hit and who is next; you wouldn't have to feel so paranoid if you just got help. If you put half the energy of being paranoid and wondering if you will be next into a recovery program toy might have a chance to be happy.
sadieville KY

United States

#34 Nov 8, 2009
wow wrote:
<quoted text>did they hit the north end of town ? any web sites on this story ? how many people ? hard to find info on what is going on except hear say. i heard 187 people,is that true ?
I don't really know all of who went down. BJ is my family that's how I know they got him. It was in the lexington paper.. They have arrested 518 in KY and at that time hadn't made it to Scott co. They are after the pple going to florida for 30s. Also "sissy" Gaines (allen gaines sister) and her man pugh was coming back from FL stopped in KY to fill perscriptions and fell asleep at the wheel with her youngest son in the car. Took her and him to jail put little boy in foster home. All kinds of trouble her pill count was off wanton endangerment......
needstogrowup

Columbus, OH

#35 Nov 8, 2009
i can not wait till fla. starts tracking ppl and their rx's like ky does. they just passed a law to do so. it will be like lil ants scrambling around looking for another dr. to go to with their mri and their made up back ailments. i know they will find another dr. eventually. just like when dr. grigsby got busted. man them pill heads was scrambling all over ky's ER's and dr. offices with their dumb ass stories. i wish they could all step back and look at their selves like the rest of the world see's them. their whole life revolving around that next pill. that next pill comes before anything- kids, bills, food, all the necessary things in life. sad thing is they are convinced they need and deserve it. are somehow entitled. GROW UP. they are the very reason that ppl who actually need pain medication have such a hard time getting it. they have to jump through hoops as if they are somehow criminal. those are the ppl i feel so sorry for. i so wish these dumb asses would find something else wrong with them besides their back hurting.
boston g

Trenton, NJ

#36 Nov 8, 2009
Wow! What is all the discussion getting you. Nothing! People are quick to talk about drugs being bad but what about the alcohol that is consumed by countless people each and everyday. Its just as bad.
beebop

Lexington, KY

#37 Nov 8, 2009
boston g wrote:
Wow! What is all the discussion getting you. Nothing! People are quick to talk about drugs being bad but what about the alcohol that is consumed by countless people each and everyday. Its just as bad.
true and most of these folks doing pills drinkers as well. they are on everything but the kitchen sink. they mix drugs and booze to get a higher effect. did it for years before i quit so get real.
All

Georgetown, KY

#38 Nov 8, 2009
Boston G, Alcohol is not illegal. As long as it is used in moderation and not while driving then it is within the confounds of the law. The problem we are speaking of is pills and they are in fact illegal. Lat time I checked there are no or very few cases of a mother renting their child for a beer.
beebop

Lexington, KY

#40 Nov 8, 2009
All wrote:
Boston G, Alcohol is not illegal. As long as it is used in moderation and not while driving then it is within the confounds of the law. The problem we are speaking of is pills and they are in fact illegal. Lat time I checked there are no or very few cases of a mother renting their child for a beer.
the pillheads are drinking as well is what i am saying. legal or not they go hand and hand with alot of people. just saying alot of people are on everything. been in aa, na and 3 treatment centers and i am a addict that is not using. their is no such thing as moderation for a addict from jim beam to pot to pain pills to speed. all i wanted is to get high.
Nodrugs

United States

#41 Nov 8, 2009
I think a lot of doctors are nothing but drug dealers. They get caught up in these beautiful young drug reps. With their boob jobs they dress like hookers to entice the docs to buy their pills. We all should be aware of that and not become an un witting addict. Doc has to sell the pills to you to get his perks from pharmasutical co. And reps.
beebop

Lexington, KY

#42 Nov 8, 2009
Nodrugs wrote:
I think a lot of doctors are nothing but drug dealers. They get caught up in these beautiful young drug reps. With their boob jobs they dress like hookers to entice the docs to buy their pills. We all should be aware of that and not become an un witting addict. Doc has to sell the pills to you to get his perks from pharmasutical co. And reps.
true,but hipness leads to addiction as well. pills are the hip thing to do now days like lsd was in the 60,s,70,s. crack was the hip drug along with coke in the 80,s and 90,s. going into 2000 plus ,meth and pills. yes,doc has to sale his pills to make a buck. some people become a addict because of the doc, but alot of it is being hip doing pills and doing theirselves a dis-favor. a road to nowhere. 1 7.5 cost 7 bucks and some people do 10 a day,plus drink and smoke. a habit of failure where you will end up degrading yourself. plain and simple trying to be hip that ends up in addiction.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 8 min Yes 1,948
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 29 min Reality 151,419
Katie Miller 1 hr Wondering 24
Tmmk plastics 5 hr hopeful 7
women who wear no panties (Jul '11) 8 hr kygirl16 38
Tmmk body weld (Feb '14) 8 hr JJ W 347 13
ashley inman is stupid retard (Apr '10) 9 hr haha 51
•••
•••
•••

Georgetown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••