Royal Springs Middle School
Peace2U

Georgetown, KY

#63 Aug 18, 2011
Parent wrote:
I head Scott middle is known for the bullies and drugs. Georgetown middle is know for bully, sex, and drugs, I heard the principal keeps a thumb on those kids.
Middle school is a tough age group. I think that all the things you commented about are problems at all middle schools in America. If we as parents teach our kids to listen and respect their teachers and other students, middle schools would be a lot better. I've heard some kids talk back and swear at their teachers. That would never have happened when I was in school. If we all do our part the schools will be better.
theiuhate

United States

#64 Aug 19, 2011
its not the kids foult dummm a$$ teachers are people the kids trust.i hope they punist his bad sorry a$$
the truth

Tomball, TX

#65 Aug 19, 2011
Peace2U wrote:
<quoted text>Middle school is a tough age group. I think that all the things you commented about are problems at all middle schools in America. If we as parents teach our kids to listen and respect their teachers and other students, middle schools would be a lot better. I've heard some kids talk back and swear at their teachers. That would never have happened when I was in school. If we all do our part the schools will be better.
Sorry to break it to you but your dumb
The teachers are the ones who are supposed to set the example
Its the teacher who decides what is gunna happen. if it was the kids fault then it couldve happened to any teacher
but since you have a perverted teacher who masterbates in his class, keeps his lotion on his desk in front of the students, and purposefully puts certain girls in the front row so he can stare at them.... Well its not a surprise that he does something like this
wow we

Georgetown, KY

#66 Aug 19, 2011
RSMS PARENT wrote:
<quoted text>
I am actually glad RSMS is as organized as they are. I know my sons teachers make sure they get to each class as they should instead of letting them roam the halls as they please.As a matter of fact I was there yesterday and while I was there they allowed me to walk up stairs to my sons locker and I made him clean it out.. I have NOOOOOOO clue how he found anything in there lol. But the teachers and staff I came in contact with were extremely friendly. I am glad to see I have a parent that agrees with me on loving RSMS!!
Every school has problems, and drugs are in every school. RSMS is the lesser of the three evils. My son went there for three years, had ADD and excelled far beyond my expectations. They are a little strict but to be honest that's what ever school in the district needs. RSMS is far better than GMS or SCMS.... So suck it up and teach your child the true meaning of school... EDUCATION not picking at little thing that comes there way.
Peace2U

Georgetown, KY

#67 Aug 21, 2011
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to break it to you but your dumb
The teachers are the ones who are supposed to set the example
Its the teacher who decides what is gunna happen. if it was the kids fault then it couldve happened to any teacher
but since you have a perverted teacher who masterbates in his class, keeps his lotion on his desk in front of the students, and purposefully puts certain girls in the front row so he can stare
at them.... Well its not a surprise that he does something like this
I will not be calling you dumb or any other names. That does nothing to help the middle school issues. It is sad that there are teachers that should not be teaching. If you are a student and you have a teacher that is disrespectful to you or other students tell your parents. The one problem that is an issue in the schools today is tenure. Once a teacher reaches a certain number of years in a school, they (so I've been told) are almost impossible to be fired. That needs to change today!!! If a teacher is good, they have nothing to worry about but, if they are a bad teacher, the current system keeps them on the payroll. Get this changed!!!!!
Jane

United States

#68 Aug 22, 2011
When I was in the middle school, there was only the two, GMS and SCMS. GMS was a good school then, idk about now, I have since moved away. I also played basketball for two years there and education was the number one priority there. Yes if you didn't make the passing grades the week before the next game then you were benched and that's the way it should be.
Former RSMS Student

Winchester, KY

#69 Sep 24, 2011
I was in the first class to go all 3 years through RSMS. I loved the school. I dont remember any fights and all of the teachers were amazing. Others may call it the academy but I thought that all of the rules were justified and led to a safer learning environment. Many of the people that you see that disagree with how the school is run are likely behavior problems. That is what ive noticed.
smackyourself

United States

#70 Sep 24, 2011
That would be great if Sherri Beth McKee the principal. Get your facts straight.
Why_bother?

Mount Sterling, KY

#71 Sep 25, 2011
Lol wrote:
Hope it aint a slap on wrist like last one got (i think it was a football asst. coach or something)
When did this happen? Was it at the high school? If it is I think I remember it? Pack?
Former RSMS student

Georgetown, KY

#72 Nov 16, 2011
RSMS STUDENT wrote:
Personally I think the school is too strict. They pull us out of our 7th hour to make us do line retraining. We literally spend 20 minutes walking the halls in silence. There is also a teacher there, mr wiseman, he is the WORST teacher you can possibly imagine. He never teaches anything and is constantly giving us book work, he doesn't stand up and lecture, he hands us a book and tells us to start reading. I got a ouch detention which is a silent lunch for asking him a question without raising my hand. On top of all this, we have had 3 6th graders selling wee in the halls, and 7 8th graders caught with weed. RSMS is beginning to be as bad as GMS with drugs
I had wiseman last year and couldn't stand him. Nobody did, he gave 5 students in my class lunch detention for asking him a question. He sucks as a teacher and I'm glad he got fired because I couldn't stand that idiot.
honest person

Winchester, KY

#73 Nov 21, 2011
Agree wrote:
I know Mrs. Gullet and you couldnt ask for a better woman . She wants the students to do their best and to see them do good things with their lives. The issue about 2 teachers getting together is nothing they dont talk about it in classroom. You should see divorce rate at Toyota and other factories. Which a factory is where most of kids will end up without a good education and the desire to want more out of life.
Shannon Gullett only thinks of herself. She treats some of teacher like dogs and some like gold. I know this for a fact. She puts all her crap on the teachers to do she never gives credit where the credit deserves she takes credit for it herself. Yes RMS school is awesome it is because of the TEACHERS
mom

Georgetown, KY

#74 Nov 22, 2011
wow we wrote:
<quoted text>
Every school has problems, and drugs are in every school. RSMS is the lesser of the three evils. My son went there for three years, had ADD and excelled far beyond my expectations. They are a little strict but to be honest that's what ever school in the district needs. RSMS is far better than GMS or SCMS.... So suck it up and teach your child the true meaning of school... EDUCATION not picking at little thing that comes there way.
I take offense at your statement that RSMS is the lesser of the three evils. My kids attended GMS and they receive an excellent education minus the strict lines and screaming teachers at RSMS. Just listen at football and basketball games and you'll hear all the dirt on every school, especially RSMS. Before you make a statement about GMS, send your kid there.
Former RSMS student

Georgetown, KY

#75 Nov 22, 2011
honest person wrote:
<quoted text>
Shannon Gullett only thinks of herself. She treats some of teacher like dogs and some like gold. I know this for a fact. She puts all her crap on the teachers to do she never gives credit where the credit deserves she takes credit for it herself. Yes RMS school is awesome it is because of the TEACHERS
You should get your facts straight. Shannon Gullet puts everything and everyone before herself. When Jenny Cooper taught there she told us students that Mrs. Gullet would ask if the teachers needed any help. She would personally help to grade papers and run errands for ANY teacher. So before you criticise somebody, make sure nobody else on here knows the facts
parent

Winchester, KY

#76 Nov 27, 2011
Former RSMS student wrote:
<quoted text>
You should get your facts straight. Shannon Gullet puts everything and everyone before herself. When Jenny Cooper taught there she told us students that Mrs. Gullet would ask if the teachers needed any help. She would personally help to grade papers and run errands for ANY teacher. So before you criticise somebody, make sure nobody else on here knows the facts
Get your facts straight she does not care about the ones with special needs they are always left out of things or noticed. God help you for not really knowing Shannon she does not treat all the teachers equally or students If you kiss her butt you are fine as a parent I know this ALL children should be treated the same We all pay taxes for a education for our children to get the best education . Somehow they are slipping thru the cracks.
Former RSMS student

Georgetown, KY

#77 Nov 27, 2011
parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Get your facts straight she does not care about the ones with special needs they are always left out of things or noticed. God help you for not really knowing Shannon she does not treat all the teachers equally or students If you kiss her butt you are fine as a parent I know this ALL children should be treated the same We all pay taxes for a education for our children to get the best education . Somehow they are slipping thru the cracks.
Are you that ignorant? I went there for 3 years. The special needs students were treated perfectly fine. They were not 'left out', they were brought to each assembly, each field day, they were given the things and time they needed. If a student was ever not included it would be because they were distracting the students, I know that they can not help that and that is why they were brought out of the assemblies. All teacher and students were treated the same, and that was with the upmost respect. For the teachers 40th birthdays posters would be made and plastered around the school as a joke. This was Shannon's idea. Go on and be as ignorant as you want. But unless you have attended RSMS for 3 years then you don't have a valid argument.
123hayden

United States

#78 Nov 28, 2011
as a former student i hated it.most of the teachers were great but it was like if you werent rich get the hell out. but overall one teacher made it bareable ms.thorton was the shit
parent

Winchester, KY

#79 Dec 4, 2011
Former RSMS student wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you that ignorant? I went there for 3 years. The special needs students were treated perfectly fine. They were not 'left out', they were brought to each assembly, each field day, they were given the things and time they needed. If a student was ever not included it would be because they were distracting the students, I know that they can not help that and that is why they were brought out of the assemblies. All teacher and students were treated the same, and that was with the upmost respect. For the teachers 40th birthdays posters would be made and plastered around the school as a joke. This was Shannon's idea. Go on and be as ignorant as you want. But unless you have attended RSMS for 3 years then you don't have a valid argument.
You are a child speaking from a child point of view !!! My child field trip was a fishing trip to the park and pizza which was wonderful. All special needs are not treated the same. You do not know what goes on in the classroom. You are a student with no problems !!! Wise up all children needs to get a good education and treated equally.
Former RSMS student

Georgetown, KY

#80 Dec 4, 2011
parent wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a child speaking from a child point of view !!! My child field trip was a fishing trip to the park and pizza which was wonderful. All special needs are not treated the same. You do not know what goes on in the classroom. You are a student with no problems !!! Wise up all children needs to get a good education and treated equally.
Again, watch what you say. I volunteered in the special needs room. I know how they were treated. So next time you try shit talking this school and this amazing principle, watch it.
Broke Parent

Georgetown, KY

#81 Dec 5, 2011
Im having a very hard time understanding the dress code here. None of the other middle schools are participating in it. Brands, logos, etc shouldnt matter. I think that if a student wants to support a sports team other than Scott Co or Royals Springs they should be able to. You are taking away one of their rights to express themselves!!! My Sons entire wardrobe consists of sweat pants and bball shorts.I dont understand the reasoning behind the decision to not allow this type of clothing. I dont think its right or fair to make parents redo an entire wardrobe to cater to their dress code. Im not happy!!
not dave

Lebanon, KY

#82 Dec 6, 2011
Ok......I guess if it is easier for you to drive your child to one of the other schools than to get a few compliant clothes, then go for it.

The stretch pants/shorts is to keep kids from "pantsing" each other. I don't think they have banned any brands or logos except for obscenities.

Supporting another team? I don't know why that one is a rule, but whatever right? If you work, you sort of have a dress code. You can't wear "anythng" you want to work. Freedom of expression? Hopefully you and your child have better ways to express yourselves than by what you are wearing!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
run fast & far ron humphrey 20 min real talk 27
Garth Elementary 34 min answer 15
jason offutt (Nov '10) 2 hr pilot cutie 19
Georgetown Family Physician Express Care 12 hr pacman 7
has anyone gone to court for truancy (Jun '10) 16 hr Tee 42
Bojangles 16 hr Crunkdunk 11
Black GMC Acadia 19 hr try again 2

Georgetown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance