Royal Springs Middle School
new

United States

#21 May 6, 2011
My son just started there a couple months ago and he loves it....before we moved here we had nothing but problems, he was getting in trouble everyday for something, not wanting to go to school, getting into fights. We haven't had any of those things since he started rsms.
needaplacetorent

Georgetown, KY

#22 May 29, 2011
RSMS parent wrote:
<quoted text>
4years of quality education by caring teachers.
4 years??? This is a middle school...if it is quality education then why do the kids fail!
oooh buggies

Richmond, KY

#23 May 29, 2011
needaplacetorent wrote:
<quoted text>
4 years??? This is a middle school...if it is quality education then why do the kids fail!
Seriously, this post isn't worth your feedback. Just trying to get a rise.
morgan1717

Georgetown, KY

#24 Jun 1, 2011
Great school for children and super teachers. My grand daughter transfered to this wonderful school. Any child who wants to succeed and has good behavior will do well. Children with learning issues will excel. Communication and attendence is the key elements to a success at this school. Parents need to participate in daily activities and listen to the staff who are ver professional of education. Middle years are wonderful for children and their imagination. Our children are our future here in georgetown. A resource which need to be protected and their teachers appreciated and valued. Thank these teachers and staff for being faithful and bless everyone who shares in letting these young minds grow right here in scott county.
Parent

Philadelphia, PA

#25 Jun 1, 2011
I head Scott middle is known for the bullies and drugs. Georgetown middle is know for bully, sex, and drugs, I heard the principal keeps a thumb on those kids.

Since: Jun 11

Rupert, WV

#26 Jun 2, 2011
What happened wrote:
Did they fire a teacher recently? Does anyone know what happened?
With the moral, or should I say immoral conduct of some of the teaching staff, it would suprise me to hear of a teacher getting fired for anything at royal springs. When I heard of the two teachers at rsms that were in seperate, supposedly happy marriages that had an affair together, I was done with the school. The female teacher was even skipping marriage counseling with her husband, to have a fling with the other married teacher. Now there is someone you want your children to look up to.
now

Corbin, KY

#27 Jun 2, 2011
AMMS wrote:
<quoted text>With the moral, or should I say immoral conduct of some of the teaching staff, it would suprise me to hear of a teacher getting fired for anything at royal springs. When I heard of the two teachers at rsms that were in seperate, supposedly happy marriages that had an affair together, I was done with the school. The female teacher was even skipping marriage counseling with her husband, to have a fling with the other married teacher. Now there is someone you want your children to look up to.
I think those two are getting married now.
hello

United States

#28 Jun 2, 2011
now wrote:
<quoted text>
I think those two are getting married now.
who were they?

Since: Jun 11

Rupert, WV

#29 Jun 2, 2011
I can say this much, she didn't let the ink dry before she had a new ring on her finger. The ex-spouses of these two teachers didn't even know that things were bad. If they take their marriage vows that seriously, imagine how much they care about their oath to properly educate the future leaders of America. Seems like we would want better from the people who have a large part in shaping our young childrens minds. But that is just my opinion.
ha ha

Webster Springs, WV

#30 Jun 2, 2011
hello wrote:
<quoted text> who were they?
think he is referring to patrick keeney[keaney] not sure the spelling, and ann marie maloney or sill or keeney, whatever her name is now. poor patrick doesn't know what he has gotten himself into. from what i heard he is the active type. boy did he marry the wrong woman
mom of student at rsms

Georgetown, KY

#31 Jun 2, 2011
I agree with a lot of these posts. The front office staff act like they are the best, and they need to be replaced. There is so many things that need to be changed there. You gotta go in there and be mean and let them know you won't stand for stupid stuff.
someonewhoknows

United States

#32 Jun 2, 2011
wouldve done it wrote:
<quoted text>Are things better at the other middle school?
Scott county middle is way better than RSMS
someonewhoknows

United States

#33 Jun 2, 2011
RSMS parent wrote:
<quoted text>4years of quality education by caring teachers.
4 years? Middle school is 3 sweetheart
someonewhoknows

United States

#34 Jun 2, 2011
Parent wrote:
I head Scott middle is known for the bullies and drugs. Georgetown middle is know for bully, sex, and drugs, I heard the principal keeps a thumb on those kids.
All schools have some form of bullying. Get over it! And Scott county middle is nowhere near as bad as GMS
gtown mom

Lexington, KY

#35 Jun 3, 2011
RSMS has its pros and cons. I too have had the problem with the administration thinking they know more than me what is best for my child and giving me no input in his education and future. It seems like a dictatorship there to me. All the teachers actually look at Mrs. Gullett before speaking, and always side with her, leaving parents out in the cold. The only reason I didn't pull my kids out was that I worried more about their safety at the 2 other schools. They make all the decisions regarding your child, parents have no rights and they will tell you that they know your child better...because they spend all day with them....isn't that crazy!
rsms mom

Lexington, KY

#36 Jun 3, 2011
gtown mom wrote:
RSMS has its pros and cons. I too have had the problem with the administration thinking they know more than me what is best for my child and giving me no input in his education and future. It seems like a dictatorship there to me. All the teachers actually look at Mrs. Gullett before speaking, and always side with her, leaving parents out in the cold. The only reason I didn't pull my kids out was that I worried more about their safety at the 2 other schools. They make all the decisions regarding your child, parents have no rights and they will tell you that they know your child better...because they spend all day with them....isn't that crazy!
I think YOU are crazy! That's probably why they know your kids better. No, the school is not perfect, none of them are! I have had a child there since they opened their doors and the teachers have ALWAYS worked with me and with my kids to help them in whatever way necessary. They contact me by phone, email or meet in person if there is a problem and luckily I haven't had many. This year when my son's grades were slipping I was notified by 2 teachers letting me know he wasn't himself. He graduated this year with straight A's. Tell me that those are not teachers who care! Maybe you are the one with the attitude toward the teachers and Mrs Gullett and they are picking up on that. Try and show some respect for the people who are teaching your kids everyday and make sure your child respects them and you won't have these issues.
Agree

United States

#37 Jun 3, 2011
I know Mrs. Gullet and you couldnt ask for a better woman . She wants the students to do their best and to see them do good things with their lives. The issue about 2 teachers getting together is nothing they dont talk about it in classroom. You should see divorce rate at Toyota and other factories. Which a factory is where most of kids will end up without a good education and the desire to want more out of life.
new

United States

#38 Jun 3, 2011
We just moved here and we picked our house just for the location so our children could go to Anne Mason and RSMS.
Graduate

Georgetown, KY

#39 Jun 4, 2011
I was part of the graduating class this year at RSMS. Yes some of the teachers (like Mr. Wiseman) are useless and don't teach a thing. But some, like Mr. Allen, Mrs. Hambrick, and Mrs. Cooper, do truly care about and love their students. I'm glad I went to RSMS and I think that we shouldn't discount the hard work put out by the quality teachers because of the behavior of a few teachers. Mrs. Staker and Mrs. Gullet care about all of the kids and want to help them succeed.
M O V I N G

United States

#40 Jun 21, 2011
now wrote:
I doubt it. Shannon is medium height and has mostly brown hair. sometimes some blond in the front.
The picture on the website that is labeled Shannon Gullett is a picture of a blond woman!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
joel ray hall at post office is a punk 1 hr regulator 2
Good attorney 1 hr Regina Peterson 2
New Restaurant on Water ST 2 hr Concerned citizen 13
Rejection 3 hr hey 16
Delaney Harris 4 hr Meeee 2
zack johnson (Sep '13) 4 hr Meeee 7
jessica spencer (Aug '09) 4 hr Anonymous 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Georgetown Mortgages