Comments
1 - 20 of 106 Comments Last updated Dec 25, 2013
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Curious

Lexington, KY

#1 Nov 11, 2010
Im wondering if anyone else out there is having problems with Royal Springs Middle School? For the first time, Im starting to wonder...instead of "No Child Left Behind"...I get the feeling they are more like "if you don't keep up, you are out!" You would think as a parent the administration would be helpful but each time I talk to someone out there I get this hard nose attitude and Im begining to wonder it starts at the top. Believe it or not...Royal Springs is NOT always right! But this seems to be the attitude I get right from the start.
Former RSMS Parent

United States

#2 Nov 11, 2010
Curious wrote:
Im wondering if anyone else out there is having problems with Royal Springs Middle School? For the first time, Im starting to wonder...instead of "No Child Left Behind"...I get the feeling they are more like "if you don't keep up, you are out!" You would think as a parent the administration would be helpful but each time I talk to someone out there I get this hard nose attitude and Im begining to wonder it starts at the top. Believe it or not...Royal Springs is NOT always right! But this seems to be the attitude I get right from the start.
I had to put up with that school for 3 yrs. I open enrolled my other child at another middle school this yr to keep from having to deal with them idiots this yr.

The Administration staff are idiots as well as the front desk skanks.
wouldve done it

United States

#3 Nov 11, 2010
Former RSMS Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
I had to put up with that school for 3 yrs. I open enrolled my other child at another middle school this yr to keep from having to deal with them idiots this yr.
The Administration staff are idiots as well as the front desk skanks.
Are things better at the other middle school?
Former RSMS Parent

United States

#4 Nov 11, 2010
wouldve done it wrote:
<quoted text>
Are things better at the other middle school?
By all means, YES.

Thanks for asking.
RSMS parent

Lexington, KY

#5 Nov 13, 2010
I love RSMS!!!! My kids have never had any problems with the school or teachers. They are both straight A students and enjoy going to school. Anytime I have needed to talk to a teacher or the principal, they were always there ready to answer my questions. Although, if you are a sports parent, I would suggest another school because RSMS does not put a lot of focus on their sport programs.
wouldve done it

Paris, KY

#6 Nov 13, 2010
RSMS parent wrote:
I love RSMS!!!! My kids have never had any problems with the school or teachers. They are both straight A students and enjoy going to school. Anytime I have needed to talk to a teacher or the principal, they were always there ready to answer my questions. Although, if you are a sports parent, I would suggest another school because RSMS does not put a lot of focus on their sport programs.
I second that!!
What happened

Doerun, GA

#7 Feb 2, 2011
Did they fire a teacher recently? Does anyone know what happened?
Billy Bob

Georgetown, KY

#8 Feb 3, 2011
RSMS parent wrote:
And that is the problem with the whole district. "Sports parents" you mean a parent who values their child's sports participation over their education? Those are the people who have totally screwed up our school district. The Board of Education should be focused on education. Your kids are not likely to make it to the pros. Help them get a good education if you want them to succeed in life. And yes I played school sports from seventh grade through high school. The focus has just got out of hand. Just look at the High School boy's basketball program for examples.
RSMS PARENT

Georgetown, KY

#9 Feb 3, 2011
My son is a 6th grader @ RSMS and I am absolutely loving the middle school. As my son has behavior issues, the Dean of students & his teachers have been really helpful and willing to help my child stay on track to keeping his honor roll grades. They have a program there called "PASS" which is a wonderful program for students. If he is having issues or needs a little more help then they pull him out one on one and do what is needed for him.
knowing

Sharpsburg, KY

#10 Feb 3, 2011
Me too. My child has been there for 2 years and it has been fabulous for her. SHe has actually taken some classes that are slightly challenging for me, and I have my MBA. They help the kids get their minds organized and ready to learn. Those who think "they make the kids line up and walk to class with a chaperone" are really uninformed and wanting justification for their own educational decisions.
RSMS PARENT

Georgetown, KY

#11 Feb 3, 2011
knowing wrote:
Me too. My child has been there for 2 years and it has been fabulous for her. SHe has actually taken some classes that are slightly challenging for me, and I have my MBA. They help the kids get their minds organized and ready to learn. Those who think "they make the kids line up and walk to class with a chaperone" are really uninformed and wanting justification for their own educational decisions.
I am actually glad RSMS is as organized as they are. I know my sons teachers make sure they get to each class as they should instead of letting them roam the halls as they please.As a matter of fact I was there yesterday and while I was there they allowed me to walk up stairs to my sons locker and I made him clean it out.. I have NOOOOOOO clue how he found anything in there lol. But the teachers and staff I came in contact with were extremely friendly. I am glad to see I have a parent that agrees with me on loving RSMS!!
U R way Off

Georgetown, KY

#12 Mar 9, 2011
RSMS parent wrote:
I would love to hear your reasoning behind this!
motherof4

Lexington, KY

#13 Mar 10, 2011
I have 2 children, 6th graders are Royal Springs this year. I love it. My daughter has ADHD/Obsessive Compulisive disorder. They have been a tremendous help. Totally organized!! My son has no issues, normal preteen boy. I email teachers frequently to keep in touch with what is going on with both children. My son is on the BBall team there. I am glad they focus on the education, discipline, organization ect. I agree with the peeps above.... school is about a education sports is a plus. I have nothing against sports. Being a mother of 4 I have children in everything but our most important is education!!! I hear parents complain or move kids to Scott Middle because they "aren't as strict" REALLY..I want strict and grounded. These are teens with raging hormones and smart mouths... keep control as long as you can! I know they will do what they want behind my back, I was there once too but I also know holding them accountable is what they need!! I am all for Royal Springs Middle.
Anonymous

Georgetown, KY

#14 Mar 11, 2011
Billy Bob wrote:
<quoted text>And that is the problem with the whole district. "Sports parents" you mean a parent who values their child's sports participation over their education? Those are the people who have totally screwed up our school district. The Board of Education should be focused on education. Your kids are not likely to make it to the pros. Help them get a good education if you want them to succeed in life. And yes I played school sports from seventh grade through high school. The focus has just got out of hand. Just look at the High School boy's basketball program for examples.
Man you are an idiot! Kentucky public school rank at the bottom in our nation and it's not because of any sports programs, it's because some parents consider the school system as a extension to daycare, and don't spend the time to educate there own children!
RSMS parent

Lexington, KY

#15 Mar 11, 2011
U R way Off wrote:
<quoted text>
I would love to hear your reasoning behind this!
4years of quality education by caring teachers.
RSMS STUDENT

Georgetown, KY

#16 Mar 23, 2011
Personally I think the school is too strict. They pull us out of our 7th hour to make us do line retraining. We literally spend 20 minutes walking the halls in silence. There is also a teacher there, mr wiseman, he is the WORST teacher you can possibly imagine. He never teaches anything and is constantly giving us book work, he doesn't stand up and lecture, he hands us a book and tells us to start reading. I got a ouch detention which is a silent lunch for asking him a question without raising my hand. On top of all this, we have had 3 6th graders selling wee in the halls, and 7 8th graders caught with weed. RSMS is beginning to be as bad as GMS with drugs
Former RSMS Student

Winchester, KY

#17 May 1, 2011
I m afomer RSMS student. I was part of the first class of RSMS in 2006. I've watched it grow and seen both the changes and continuities of the school. The staff is not as loving a they seem. Some people jokingly call it the acadamy... but in all hoesty, that is what it seems like. In order from largest focus to least focus it'd be 1. silence and straight lines, 2. education, 3. sports/extra curricular activities. Too much focus on rules. And not enough on sports. I Played basketball there the first two years of my middle school career. The coaches were motivation to keep my grades up and stay out of trouble, and the sport itself was a great way to relieve unwanted stress caused by my overachieving, push too hard, act like a dictator teachers. Education should e the main focus. Rules are very important, yes. But not so important as to overcome the time for education. And sports AND other extra curricular activities should be just as important. The only Extra Curr. Act. that's even remotely important to RSMS is The Acedemic Team, and quite frankly, I don't believe there's many middle school children who can blow some steam and release some pressure by going to a "match" involving the same stuff they spend 7-8 hours a day hearing about. I think I've made some valid points.
anyone

Georgetown, KY

#18 May 2, 2011
any schhol is better than one ruled by sherrie beth mckee at scms. She is very unfair and sets a horrible example. Her friends kids get away with everything .
rsms parent

Georgetown, KY

#19 May 5, 2011
who is the short blonde woman seen in town with the superintendent? is she the principal of rsms?
now

Richmond, KY

#20 May 6, 2011
I doubt it. Shannon is medium height and has mostly brown hair. sometimes some blond in the front.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ashley inman is stupid retard (Apr '10) 4 min Rusty Inman Hurts... 45
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 36 min Local 175 1,597
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Limbertwig 151,301
Hannah Ditzer (Dec '10) 6 hr S_Y_D_K 46
Toyota Camry Drawing 6 hr innercircle 1
georgetown cops (Jan '13) 6 hr really 60
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 8 hr Tollesboro Guy 81,601
•••
•••
•••

Georgetown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••