city fire ambulance service
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
GFDff

Shepherdsville, KY

#41 Feb 12, 2012
by the way, GFD just brought on 4 recruits, 3 men and the 2nd female in GFD history, all of whom are certified EMTs.
jessica

Nicholasville, KY

#42 Feb 14, 2012
Did you watch the council last night? The boys went at it again over this proposal. Why exactly is Lusby so against the city looking at this? What does he have to gain with it?
emsfriend

Nicholasville, KY

#43 Feb 16, 2012
I spoke with 2 people from our current EMS department last night and they both told me that they hope the city goes forward with this plan because they want to come to the city fire department. They said the leadership and the judge have made it almost impossible to work for them. One is a poor leader and the other is just a tyrant. They both said everyone should look at the turnover rate within that department. And that is why.
What about jobs

United States

#44 Mar 1, 2012
I've read this post an havnt seen anyone mention the fact that if this goes thorugh alot of ems personnel will end up out of a job not everyone wants to be a firemen an I know alot of firemen who dont wanna be paramedics both fire classes an paramedic classes are very expensive and hard to complete and take long periods of time to gain certification . it would be a better idea to merge the fire departments an have one fire dept an one ems besides a town of this size do we really need to full time departments I've seen towns bigger then this with all volunteer or part time just something to think about
emsfriend

Nicholasville, KY

#45 Mar 1, 2012
What about jobs wrote:
I've read this post an havnt seen anyone mention the fact that if this goes thorugh alot of ems personnel will end up out of a job not everyone wants to be a firemen an I know alot of firemen who dont wanna be paramedics both fire classes an paramedic classes are very expensive and hard to complete and take long periods of time to gain certification . it would be a better idea to merge the fire departments an have one fire dept an one ems besides a town of this size do we really need to full time departments I've seen towns bigger then this with all volunteer or part time just something to think about
Currently the EMS department is loosing people at a rate never before seen. If you watch the court meetings almost every meeting the director is asking to hire someone. It shouldn't take long to allow attrition to reduce the numbers. And if the guys don't want to be cross trained, so be it! They can find another job.
lol

Frankfort, KY

#46 Mar 6, 2012
Georgetown and Scott Co Fire Depts. assist each other on plenty of calls, the largest being structure fires. So yes the county makes runs inside city limits and city makes runs to the county. GSCEMS is a county agency that is contracted by the city. Where everyone is led astray is the fact that 75 % of EMS calls are made to the 40324 zip code. That extends quite far into the county in all directions and covers all of the city limits of Georgetown. That means that actually about 65% of runs are inside city limits. Any agency that contracts a service from another agency should have support from their city in a venture to expand, grow, and provide this service themselves. The bad thing is that less than a year ago the city of Georgetown was trying to decide whether or not to layoff 9 firefighters hired through a federal safer grant because they can't be afforded. Look into purchasing 2 to 3 new ALS ambulances and staffing those units with paramedics which the city will have to hire. I support the GFD in expanding but feel sorry for the employees they bring on to temporary full-time positions cause the city can't afford it. The main reason EMS goes through alot of personnel is the fact that the wages of county employees has decreased over the last 3 years due absolutely no raises and rising cost of insurance. Public service depts. such as fire, ems, and sherrifs dept are always a hinderance to everyone until they are needed and then and only then are folks glad their here.
Blaze

Mount Sterling, KY

#47 Mar 6, 2012
lol wrote:
Georgetown and Scott Co Fire Depts. assist each other on plenty of calls, the largest being structure fires. So yes the county makes runs inside city limits and city makes runs to the county. GSCEMS is a county agency that is contracted by the city. Where everyone is led astray is the fact that 75 % of EMS calls are made to the 40324 zip code. That extends quite far into the county in all directions and covers all of the city limits of Georgetown. That means that actually about 65% of runs are inside city limits. Any agency that contracts a service from another agency should have support from their city in a venture to expand, grow, and provide this service themselves. The bad thing is that less than a year ago the city of Georgetown was trying to decide whether or not to layoff 9 firefighters hired through a federal safer grant because they can't be afforded. Look into purchasing 2 to 3 new ALS ambulances and staffing those units with paramedics which the city will have to hire. I support the GFD in expanding but feel sorry for the employees they bring on to temporary full-time positions cause the city can't afford it. The main reason EMS goes through alot of personnel is the fact that the wages of county employees has decreased over the last 3 years due absolutely no raises and rising cost of insurance. Public service depts. such as fire, ems, and sherrifs dept are always a hinderance to everyone until they are needed and then and only then are folks glad their here.
Who cares, all they are good for is washing trucks and playing with hoses.
Jeff

Nicholasville, KY

#48 Mar 7, 2012
lol wrote:
Your logic makes no sense. If the city FD expands, the city would no longer be funding half of the current EMS therefore would have a significant amount of revenue free'd up for the new staff. And they shouldnt have to purchase any new buggies, they already own half of the current supply.
citygirl

Nicholasville, KY

#49 Mar 8, 2012
All I know is that the county wouldn't be fighting to keep it the way it is if they weren't getting the better end of the deal.
Mike

Lexington, KY

#50 Mar 8, 2012
citygirl wrote:
All I know is that the county wouldn't be fighting to keep it the way it is if they weren't getting the better end of the deal.
Yep, that is apparently all you know.
inside voice

Louisville, KY

#51 Apr 7, 2012
inside voice had it that bruin isnt gonna do transports to Lexington, With that being said if you family member needs to go to a level 1 trauma center, stroke center or a heart center they will stop at georgetown hospital first. If that happens you will have to live with the fact they are dead or have a serious disability...now if it were Bruins boys hurt in a foot ball game or his wife having a heart attack he will make sure they go to the right place. when that happens and my family doesnt go to the right place lets just say it will be very unpleasant around here for a LONG time.
sneekers

Georgetown, KY

#52 Apr 7, 2012
This town amazes me.They cant leave well enough
alone.Ever since Toyota has came here its went
to hell in a hand basket.All the city council
Mayor county judge all city and county officals
cant agree on nothing.All they do is complain about
the budget over crowed schools not enough revenue
coming in.No wonder the way they spend money on
alot of unnessary stuff.Leave the emt service alone. Georgetown use to be a great place to live
not any more..........
Can I start

Georgetown, KY

#53 Apr 7, 2012
inside voice wrote:
inside voice had it that bruin isnt gonna do transports to Lexington, With that being said if you family member needs to go to a level 1 trauma center, stroke center or a heart center they will stop at georgetown hospital first. If that happens you will have to live with the fact they are dead or have a serious disability...now if it were Bruins boys hurt in a foot ball game or his wife having a heart attack he will make sure they go to the right place. when that happens and my family doesnt go to the right place lets just say it will be very unpleasant around here for a LONG time.
That inside knowledge is more than likely a load of horsehit.
Yep

Georgetown, KY

#54 Apr 8, 2012
sneekers wrote:
This town amazes me.They cant leave well enough
alone.Ever since Toyota has came here its went
to hell in a hand basket.All the city council
Mayor county judge all city and county officals
cant agree on nothing.All they do is complain about
the budget over crowed schools not enough revenue
coming in.No wonder the way they spend money on
alot of unnessary stuff.Leave the emt service alone. Georgetown use to be a great place to live
not any more..........
It all started when Karen Tingle was mayor and started to tear up the agreements with the county. Now she is gone but Penn and Singer and a couple others on the council seem intent on messing it up worse and now Tingle wants back on the council so she can make sure it goes to hell. It ain't the town it's the fools we elect
Well

Georgetown, KY

#55 Apr 8, 2012
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
It all started when Karen Tingle was mayor and started to tear up the agreements with the county. Now she is gone but Penn and Singer and a couple others on the council seem intent on messing it up worse and now Tingle wants back on the council so she can make sure it goes to hell. It ain't the town it's the fools we elect
You might want to look closer at those agreements. If you are a county resident you benefit greatly from them. If you are city resident you pay for it twice and get it in the rear with no lube. If you live in the city you help subsidize county resident's services.
mike

Nerinx, KY

#56 Apr 9, 2012
Well wrote:
<quoted text>You might want to look closer at those agreements. If you are a county resident you benefit greatly from them. If you are city resident you pay for it twice and get it in the rear with no lube. If you live in the city you help subsidize county resident's services.
You tell em Brad.
Papaw

Mount Sterling, KY

#57 Apr 13, 2012
You shouldn't have to pay for EMS anyway. Isn't that what our taxes go for?? A basic ambulance run will cost you a few hundred dollars on top of what your insurance won't cover anyway. It's alacarte too, like going to the dentist. Does the fire dept charge for putting out house fires next??
A joke

Winchester, KY

#59 Apr 13, 2012
I am truely amazed by some of the comments. People use brain!!!! We do not need to duplicate a service that will believe in the long run cost the city tax payers dearly. I wish we would merge government , but only if the county runs it. This city government is repeatedly spending our hard earned tax dollars on useless, inappropriate items like a useless pool that u can not swim in, bradshaw farm and the list goes on... At least the county has a bit of sense and has money in the bak while the city has a 2 mil deficit and now they want to spend money they do not have to make a change that will not have a return.... Are they just plain stupid or so high on themselves to see this is wrong. Watch and see ... We taxpayers will be be paying once again for their irresponsible spending. And yet it continues to happen over and over. No, bringing the last charade of "mayorship" back is not the answer... Getting rid of the current idiots is and truely find someone who knows wth is going on!!!! This town is drowning and there is not a lifeboat in sight. I say thank goodness for the court and their ways of doing things . At least they do it for the good of the county and the citizens. SMH of the city decision makers... Geez, we will all be bankrupt!!!!!
Gtown resident

Winchester, KY

#60 Apr 13, 2012
citygirl wrote:
REALLY!!!!!!!!! You answered my own question with that's all you know!!!! Maybe the county is aware of ALL the senseless waste that the city spends and since most were born here and love the city and county,,,,, they don't want to see it destroyed by the idiots running the city.
Simple math

Winchester, KY

#63 Apr 14, 2012
Amen to above post. This city should have money to burn. Not only from the taxes, but they receive payroll tax from over 6000 people that work at Toyota, yet we are broke!!!!!!! and again must pay more the bad decisions our board makes. At least I know our county taxes are not being wasted on useless properties. People come on, it you collect $2.00 for someone and spend $6.00, you are going to go under!!!!!! Im not an accountant bit i can figure that one out!!!! Stop the waste and do what we voted you in to do, the right thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tiffany May (Mar '16) 5 hr Yep 5
Amber Martin 6 hr Proud Moms CLUB 3
is she ok 7 hr Woof woof 11
Pickett Roofing 10 hr Buckymoe 1
Biggest Snitches in Geogetown 10 hr Real Talk 12
Stinky Dude - ED Paint 2 11 hr Homey 3
Kids Korner tmmk fitness center 12 hr Ashley 4

Georgetown Jobs

Personal Finance

Georgetown Mortgages