city fire ambulance service

Posted in the Georgetown Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
lloyd

Winchester, KY

#1 Nov 19, 2011
No No No No !!!!!! If it not broke don't fix it...the Georgetown Scott County Emergency Medical Service is all we need we don't need another ambulance service.. you ask a someone why you join the fire dept. They reply I WANNA BE A Firefighter..now the problem is alot of fire depts be ambulance services too the city want 9. firefighters hire 9 firefighters..before the city fire dept went full time they had to be certified in cpr and first only some were certified emts that worked fine. Now to be a fulltime firefighter you forced to be an emt sounds Chief Bruin wants to run the city fire dept like Lexington...Hay Bruin this is Georgetown......NOT LEXINGTON...
Agree

Georgetown, KY

#2 Nov 19, 2011
lloyd wrote:
No No No No !!!!!! If it not broke don't fix it...the Georgetown Scott County Emergency Medical Service is all we need we don't need another ambulance service.. you ask a someone why you join the fire dept. They reply I WANNA BE A Firefighter..now the problem is alot of fire depts be ambulance services too the city want 9. firefighters hire 9 firefighters..before the city fire dept went full time they had to be certified in cpr and first only some were certified emts that worked fine. Now to be a fulltime firefighter you forced to be an emt sounds Chief Bruin wants to run the city fire dept like Lexington...Hay Bruin this is Georgetown......NOT LEXINGTON...
This is a really bad idea
budget check

Paris, KY

#3 Nov 19, 2011
lloyd wrote:
Why don't you look into how much money the city budget pays for county run ambulance service. The city tax payers pay 50% of the bill for the budget. The county pays 50%. However, the monies made to the county is for mainly transport runs in the city. So the city is paying half their budget while the county collects all the runs in the city. I am waiting to see how many runs, both emergency and transports are done. Then how much money the city taxpayers are losing out on.
lloyd

Winchester, KY

#4 Nov 19, 2011
See how many ambulances the city buys and when the city ambulance had to transport a patient to Lexington and another emergency call comes in who is going to answer that call..I guess they will have to wait for the ambulance to get back from Lexington how long will that take
lloyd

Winchester, KY

#5 Nov 19, 2011
Tell the city to hire 9 new fire firefighters the will have to buy 2 ambulances just incase one is tied up in Lexington well hope like Hell there isn't a fire somewhere and another ambulance isn't needed at a school a kid got hurt and the county ambulance isn't allowed to make runs in the city limits.an ambulance is needed well its stuck in Lexington on a transfer....the city will have to buy 4 ambulances and hire 15 firefighter/ paramedics/ EMTs..what a money racket...the system is not broke..
Imtellingyou

Georgetown, KY

#6 Nov 19, 2011
lloyd wrote:
Tell the city to hire 9 new fire firefighters the will have to buy 2 ambulances just incase one is tied up in Lexington well hope like Hell there isn't a fire somewhere and another ambulance isn't needed at a school a kid got hurt and the county ambulance isn't allowed to make runs in the city limits.an ambulance is needed well its stuck in Lexington on a transfer....the city will have to buy 4 ambulances and hire 15 firefighter/ paramedics/ EMTs..what a money racket...the system is not broke..
Bullsh#t. Counties and cities have agreements to cover those issues. Besides, citizens within city limits pay county taxes last time I checked, so legally they are just as entitled to county service if needed just as much as a person in the county jurisdiction. This another attempt by the bureaucrats, in this case the usual suspects the fire department, to blow smoke up our a$$e$ because they are afraid they might lose a toy or two.
Careful what you ask for

Georgetown, KY

#7 Nov 19, 2011
Penn and Singer are going to keep it up and the county might just tell the city to go to hell and provide all their services themselves. Cherry picking may backfire on the city and then they will be forced to raise taxes. They should just leave well enough alone
lloyd

Winchester, KY

#8 Nov 19, 2011
We have the best damn Emergency Medical Service (ambulance) (EMS) in country we don't need another....ambulance service.......
Imtellingyou

Georgetown, KY

#9 Nov 19, 2011
Careful what you ask for wrote:
Penn and Singer are going to keep it up and the county might just tell the city to go to hell and provide all their services themselves. Cherry picking may backfire on the city and then they will be forced to raise taxes. They should just leave well enough alone
And we as taxpayers can tell the county where to stick it as well.
budget check

Paris, KY

#10 Nov 19, 2011
lloyd wrote:
We have the best damn Emergency Medical Service (ambulance)(EMS) in country we don't need another....ambulance service.......
are you sure about that? At least half are so out of shape by the time they get out of the ambulance they are sucking wind. How many times do they have to rely on in a GPS and a map to find a place during an emergency? A lot of this is because the budgets are so cut they are not allowed to drive around and learn anything.
By the way, most of the city runs are non-emergency transports. With that being the case, why would the city have to raise taxes? They wouldn't. These transport runs are the county gravy money even though they are primarily non-emergency runs in the city.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#11 Dec 7, 2011
lloyd wrote:
We have the best damn Emergency Medical Service (ambulance)(EMS) in country we don't need another....ambulance service.......
Lmfao what a joke!!
Joe

Georgetown, KY

#12 Dec 7, 2011
Careful what you ask for wrote:
Please do tell, what services does the county provide within the city limits? Don't say the Jail or Sheriff's office as those are not optional for the county. As far as Electrical Inspection the city would be better served by privatization, just like Lexington has.
Don

Georgetown, KY

#13 Dec 7, 2011
budget check wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you look into how much money the city budget pays for county run ambulance service. The city tax payers pay 50% of the bill for the budget. The county pays 50%. However, the monies made to the county is for mainly transport runs in the city. So the city is paying half their budget while the county collects all the runs in the city. I am waiting to see how many runs, both emergency and transports are done. Then how much money the city taxpayers are losing out on.
All the money collected goes to pay expenses...it's not like the service is profitable. Therefore the county is paying half the deficit even though over 70% of the services are provided in the city.
County

Georgetown, KY

#14 Dec 7, 2011
Imtellingyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullsh#t. Counties and cities have agreements to cover those issues. Besides, citizens within city limits pay county taxes last time I checked, so legally they are just as entitled to county service if needed just as much as a person in the county jurisdiction. This another attempt by the bureaucrats, in this case the usual suspects the fire department, to blow smoke up our a$$e$ because they are afraid they might lose a toy or two.
You are assuming the city and county will have an agreement. If the city goes on its own do you really think the county will enter into such an agreement? It's not going to happen
Wrong

Macon, NC

#15 Dec 8, 2011
I had to ride in fromt seat of am ambulance from toyota 1 time.I did not ride in back due to another paintent was back there being tfrested. To meke long srory short, I got a $600 taxi billnfrom ann ambulance that i was just "ctching a ride".
jose

Lexington, KY

#16 Dec 8, 2011
Wrong wrote:
I had to ride in fromt seat of am ambulance from toyota 1 time.I did not ride in back due to another paintent was back there being tfrested. To meke long srory short, I got a $600 taxi billnfrom ann ambulance that i was just "ctching a ride".
If you rode in the front you must not have been that bad off. If you didn't need an ambulance, then why ride? Call a taxi idiot! It's a pay for use service.
Careful what you ask for

Georgetown, KY

#17 Dec 8, 2011
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Please do tell, what services does the county provide within the city limits? Don't say the Jail or Sheriff's office as those are not optional for the county. As far as Electrical Inspection the city would be better served by privatization, just like Lexington has.
Of course the jail and the sheriff should be mentioned, just because they are required by law doesn't diminish their importance. The same can be said about the county clerk. If the council keeps complaining I think the county should require the city to pay the jail for the cost of keeping city residents in jail. What about the airport? I believe the city actually appoints board members and doesn't contribute a penny. It's not within the city but certainly serves the city
lloyd

Winchester, KY

#18 Dec 8, 2011
SGFD1535 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmfao what a joke!!
yea laugh look where your at stamping ground I have a bunch of friends there this county needs to be thankful what we have its better than it used to be. And before you laugh at the EMS look a stamping ground fire dept.its not as good as it used to be when members loved and trained for free it was one big Happy botherhood. Now you a chief who is on Lexington fire and wants to run stamping ground like Lexington. Robots come on its a small town wit a run volume of 1-3 runs a month. Physical agility test ..I'm not putting down all the guys there are some good ones down there who capable of much more.
yes

Nicholasville, KY

#19 Dec 8, 2011
lloyd wrote:
See how many ambulances the city buys and when the city ambulance had to transport a patient to Lexington and another emergency call comes in who is going to answer that call..I guess they will have to wait for the ambulance to get back from Lexington how long will that take
The city shouldn't have to purchase any buggies. They already own half of what our service currently has.
Careful what you ask for

Georgetown, KY

#20 Dec 8, 2011
yes wrote:
<quoted text>
The city shouldn't have to purchase any buggies. They already own half of what our service currently has.
The math doesn't add up - if 75% of the calls are in the city and the city owns half of the ambulances, doesn't the math indicate the city will be short of ambulances to meet the volume of calls?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cynda Mather 2 min Lester 17
Shawn Jent will be dancing at Crossings in Lex ... 3 hr lets dance 2
Judge/executive 2018 8 hr Duh67 5
rats (Jul '13) 20 hr Tribe 17
Who know devin devers (Jun '15) Thu Real 14
How Often Toyota Pays Bonuses? How much? (Jan '13) Thu try again 86
April Harlow at 404west lynn st Thu Bobby 2

Georgetown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance