Grace Early Learning Center

Grace Early Learning Center

Posted in the Georgetown Forum

Fed up

Georgetown, KY

#1 May 26, 2011
Any other parents having trouble communicating with Torri, the manager of Grace Early Learning Center? I can't even speak to her on an adult level. She is SO out of touch with reality that I feel like I'm speaking to a 12 year old! I also know that she doesn't address issues and tries to cover them up. I would like straight answers from the "in charge" person who oversees the care of my child. I am looking for another credible daycare and was wondering if anyone else was experiencing similar problems? Sometimes parents don't get to communicate with each other and Gary is unavailable. Perhaps he should take a more active part in a care center that is operated under the Church's umbrella. Terrible management + questionable ethics = closed business!!
Parentof2

Toledo, OH

#3 May 26, 2011
She is an idiot! She doesn't have any idea whats going on there!
the messenger

Georgetown, KY

#4 May 26, 2011
i have been praying for god to shine some light. at grace center daycare theres no way for the light to shine. clueless is for sure the word to use. if state was to check into the daycare facility they would shut it down.
heres a good one for you. if i told my boss anything about anyone my boss wouldnt go run and tell who has a problem with who. not TORI for example(using fake names)" bobby isnt working like they should" said jamie. TORI runs to bobby,"jamie said your not doing your job." now i know if my boss ran her mouth like that someone better put her in check.
she also has a butt buddy sitting in her office all day because her butt buddy DONT WANT TO WORK. TORI said she works on her computer... how when her butt buddy is sittin on the couch 75% of the day.
very very very poor management. she dosent care about anything more than a pay check. I pray not just her but for the church... because they are getting ready to go under...
parent

Georgetown, KY

#5 May 26, 2011
I have never had an issue with getting my questions answered. Tori always answers my emails promptly & if I have a question is always available to see me. As for how she is as a boss I don't know. I know the turn over rate is horrible. I love GELC & my children are so happy there. I have an answer for this if there is a problem then address it. Stop taking behind their backs & confront Tori, if you don't think she capable of having an intellectual conversation & that your children are not being cared for properly then take them out. As for the scorned employee I my self think if another employee was complaining about me I would want to know so I could have a conversation with them or change my ways, we are all adults can people not handle another persons opinion without it being gossip. In the end no place is going to be perfect & as for the lazy couch sitters at GELC maybe if we paid the people who care for our children more than we do the people who make our cars, we could get a more motivated worker!!!
Mmm

United States

#6 May 26, 2011
Well said parent...
I agree with Fed up

Georgetown, KY

#7 May 26, 2011
I totally agree with Fed Up's comments about Tori. She is a terrible administrator and very unprofessional. If it wasn't for the quality of care that my child's teacher is providing for my child, I too, would pull my child from that center. Sometimes it's best to give credit to those that are actually providing the care instead of focusing on Tori or anybody else who sits behind a desk all day collecting a salary that they don't deserve! My child's teachers are excellent--better than others that they have had in another daycare. There's definitely a quality difference between the teachers there and I'm fortunate to have a good one! As for Tori, yes, she's a little on the ditzy side! Sorry--that's the way I see it.
My opinion

Pflugerville, TX

#8 May 27, 2011
Grace is really scraping the bottom of the hiring pool. Who is the new really fat lady who talks with a lisp? She is really strange and I'm so glad she is not around my child!
parent

Georgetown, KY

#9 May 27, 2011
My opinion wrote:
Grace is really scraping the bottom of the hiring pool. Who is the new really fat lady who talks with a lisp? She is really strange and I'm so glad she is not around my child!
What does it matter how they walk or if she is fat or skinny? My child recently got a new teacher & she is wonderful! She is college educated in early childhood development, she is a great teacher! She is loving & very kind to my little girl, when I come in she always has a smile on get face! She also is always in the floor playing with them not just sitting back watching the children. I think these are the things we should be judging them on!!!!
anonymous11223

Tomball, TX

#10 May 27, 2011
I actually communicate quite well with Tori and my daughter loves her. This other girl you are talking about is Tara, and she's a good person too. She takes care of most of the finances and payroll if I am correct. I will say there has been another girl lately that "hangs out" in Tori's office. I'm not sure why she sits in there day after day, but in my opinion, she could be something productive with her time for a paycheck. I couldn't see this without saying something in Tori and Tara's defense. If you don't like how things are ran at Grace, take your child elsewhere. Logging onto Topix and slandering Tori is wrong and not very Christian-like.
Hmmmm

Pflugerville, TX

#11 May 28, 2011
To my opinion, I know exactly who you are talking about. You nailed it!
Hmmm...

Detroit, MI

#12 May 28, 2011
One of my children attends GELC and the other is older in elementary school. If there is a problem with my child and his/her teacher or principal/director I prefer to talk with them directly to try and resolve the issue. In fact, I feel it's my responsibility as a parent to do so! It's very unclear to me how bashing people on Topix can fix any problem if it's something of serious concern. I love how people mention how much they care for their kids, but set a horrible example of how to treat and be respectful of others. Seems it's a cowardly way to go about things. If you are not happy with the center, please either address the issue or remove your kids and go to another daycare where you can be critical of their every move behind their backs.:-)
Mmm

United States

#13 May 28, 2011
I think it is employees that started this in the first place! If you are that unhappy about your place of employement then find a new job!
Opinion

United States

#14 May 29, 2011
Grace is staffed with many loving child Care providers, but I do believe the management is hard to get in touch with, especially in the morning. Many times the director doesn't come
In until well after 9, when most parents drop off before 8. The biggest problem at grace is the miscommunication between the director and the assistant director. Give the credit where it's due, the teachers are great but the management needs work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know her? 3 hr kayla92 3
Jeffery Parker 4 hr what 2
WTF!! Snitch Snitch Snitch 13 hr SickOfHim 20
Kelly Services Tmmk (Nov '11) Sun Bonk 1,222
victoria estates (Aug '12) Sun glamorgirl 136
RC Cannon (Nov '16) Sat Warning 25
Anyone know? Sat I kno 15

Georgetown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance