First Prev
of 5
Next Last
TMMKRUMORS

Shelbyville, KY

#1 Aug 13, 2012
So here are a few of the rumors going around.

1. The Lexus ES is coming to TMMK and the Venza is going to TMMI

2. Toyota just bought the 200 acres of land across the street from the plant. This has been confirmed by the county clerks office

3. Toyota has supposedly applied to the EPA to get permits to manufacture hybrid batteries in KY.

4. A toyota upper management employee has said that "Maybe we would get better quality if we only run one model in one of the plants."

Using this info my best guess is that the Lexus is not coming here. But the Prius is instead since to get the required volume needed for the prius it would have to be the only one on the line. That would also fit with the land purchase to be a hybrid battery manufacturing facility.

Anyone else care to weigh in?
Clark Kent

Lincoln, NE

#2 Aug 13, 2012
The only Toyota rumor that I want to hear is that it is leaving town and taking most of the rift-raff that it brought in with it.
PlLL BlLLY

Georgetown, KY

#3 Aug 13, 2012
Clark Kent wrote:
The only Toyota rumor that I want to hear is that it is leaving town and taking most of the rift-raff that it brought in with it.
you can say that again
sneekers

Winchester, KY

#4 Aug 13, 2012
That would be great if they would close up and
leave we couldnt get that lucky,,,,,,,,,,
whatever

Louisville, KY

#5 Aug 14, 2012
Only someone severely mentally deficient would think it could possibly be a good thing for a huge manufacturing facility to just pack up and leave, taking 10,000 jobs paying an average of about $60k/yr with it. That's $600 million of payroll, GONE, and many of those people both work and LIVE in Georgetown, and therefore spend that payroll in Georgetown.

At this point, Georgetown would collapse without Toyota. If you think it's bad now, let something like that happen and see how bad it gets. Might as well just change the name to "Little Detroit" the day that kind of announcement is made.
idiots

Georgetown, KY

#6 Aug 14, 2012
The people that want Toyota gone are usually people who couldn't pass the test for hiring. They figure if they can't work there then no one should.
Joey Votto

Glidden, IA

#7 Aug 14, 2012
There was a Georgetown before Toyota and it was a hell of a lot better place to live than it is now. The residents of Georgetown at the time had no say in its arrival here and have had to adjust with many of the negatives associated with that place (ie. increased crime, overabundance of hillbillies and northerners that have flowed into here, and unbelievable overcrowding). There will be a Georgetown after its gone (and that's coming...someday.) I can't wait.
amen

Chicago, IL

#8 Aug 14, 2012
idiots wrote:
The people that want Toyota gone are usually people who couldn't pass the test for hiring. They figure if they can't work there then no one should.
I agree with you! What kind of idiot would wish bad things for thousands of people? If you couldn't get hired...you just aren't the cream of the crop!
idiots

Georgetown, KY

#9 Aug 14, 2012
Joey Votto wrote:
There was a Georgetown before Toyota and it was a hell of a lot better place to live than it is now. The residents of Georgetown at the time had no say in its arrival here and have had to adjust with many of the negatives associated with that place (ie. increased crime, overabundance of hillbillies and northerners that have flowed into here, and unbelievable overcrowding). There will be a Georgetown after its gone (and that's coming...someday.) I can't wait.
Yeah and they were farmers. Guess what? Farming don't cut it anymore. Times change, old Georgetown residents are dying off. That's very obvious with the latest packaged alcohol sales vote. This isn't Mayberry anymore. Deal with it.
lol

United States

#10 Aug 14, 2012
the only rumor i care about is a buy out! but im sure the only one's that will come to light are the ever increasing loss of benefits
teach

Richmond, KY

#11 Aug 14, 2012
Gtown would become a ghost town without it. Think of the businesses that have begun since Toyota. That's a lot of empty buildings. Sorry you didn't get hired. Keep trying. There are also many jobs at suppliers that perhaps you could get. Don't be bitter.
whatever

Louisville, KY

#12 Aug 14, 2012
Joey Votto wrote:
Whatever. I'd be willing to bet that you can barely even remember a time before Toyota was here, if at all, considering the plant's about 25 years old now and you seem to have the mental capacity and maturity of a 7th grader. If you're over 30, I'd be shocked.

Actually, if you're over 30 and still acting this way, I'd be disgusted...but that's another subject entirely.

It's always funny to me how some people seem to think Toyota brought all the crime, yet if you look at all the other little towns like Georgetown that did NOT get a big manufacturing plant, they've seen the same kinds of increases in the same kinds of crime Georgetown has seen.

That should tell you something.

The only difference is that Georgetown got millions upon millions of dollars injected into its local economy along with the crime, whereas most other places didn't. Like it or not, Georgetown has prospered because of Toyota.

The bottom line is that Kentucky -- not just Georgetown, but the entire state of Kentucky -- is becoming an automotive manufacturing state, whether you like it or not. And Toyota is a big part of that. Not only are we blessed with the Toyota plant in Kentucky, but we also build Ford trucks and Corvettes. Kentucky ranked 5th in the nation in light vehicle production in 2011, and there are over 440 automotive-related manufacturing facilities here. You'd have to be pretty dense to think that's a BAD thing.

Bottom line, if you don't like automotive manufacturing and you'd rather have an agricultural economy, you should probably move to a different, even less fortunate state than Kentucky. New Mexico would be a good choice. There's plenty of little towns suffering through drug problems and abject poverty there. Should be right up your alley.
rsmsmum

United States

#13 Aug 14, 2012
idiots wrote:
Right on!! That's exactly who these people r. So u all need to get over urs elves obviously they didn't want u for a reason so quit being a baby! I don't even work for Toyota .. Yet hoping to when I do eventually apply. They got one of the best places to work. If anything Toyota has brought a lot to this town. Georgetown should b thanking them!
lol

United States

#14 Aug 14, 2012
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever. I'd be willing to bet that you can barely even remember a time before Toyota was here, if at all, considering the plant's about 25 years old now and you seem to have the mental capacity and maturity of a 7th grader. If you're over 30, I'd be shocked.
Actually, if you're over 30 and still acting this way, I'd be disgusted...but that's another subject entirely.
It's always funny to me how some people seem to think Toyota brought all the crime, yet if you look at all the other little towns like Georgetown that did NOT get a big manufacturing plant, they've seen the same kinds of increases in the same kinds of crime Georgetown has seen.
That should tell you something.
The only difference is that Georgetown got millions upon millions of dollars injected into its local economy along with the crime, whereas most other places didn't. Like it or not, Georgetown has prospered because of Toyota.
The bottom line is that Kentucky -- not just Georgetown, but the entire state of Kentucky -- is becoming an automotive manufacturing state, whether you like it or not. And Toyota is a big part of that. Not only are we blessed with the Toyota plant in Kentucky, but we also build Ford trucks and Corvettes. Kentucky ranked 5th in the nation in light vehicle production in 2011, and there are over 440 automotive-related manufacturing facilities here. You'd have to be pretty dense to think that's a BAD thing.
Bottom line, if you don't like automotive manufacturing and you'd rather have an agricultural economy, you should probably move to a different, even less fortunate state than Kentucky. New Mexico would be a good choice. There's plenty of little towns suffering through drug problems and abject poverty there. Should be right up your alley.
an even less fortunate state than ky?? the only one left is mississippi! amazing that toyota just so happened to pick those two!! no one here has the sense to expect better for themselves and they think they are rich if they can afford the new trailor payment
me

United States

#15 Aug 14, 2012
whatever wrote:
Only someone severely mentally deficient would think it could possibly be a good thing for a huge manufacturing facility to just pack up and leave, taking 10,000 jobs paying an average of about $60k/yr with it. That's $600 million of payroll, GONE, and many of those people both work and LIVE in Georgetown, and therefore spend that payroll in Georgetown.

At this point, Georgetown would collapse without Toyota. If you think it's bad now, let something like that happen and see how bad it gets. Might as well just change the name to "Little Detroit" the day that kind of announcement is made.
the money is decent at best for what you have to do, but it's definately not enough since most everyone out there is crippled in someway or the other from working there.
This was a nice town before all the factories moved in, and yes, this town did get by with a handful of gas stations and restaurant's, believe it or not.
Maybe they could load all these factories up, and ship them to West Virginia.
Norton

Richmond, KY

#16 Aug 14, 2012
Rumor #1 is the only true one , I have seen the plans on how to redo Assy 1 .
superfly snuka

Fort Branch, IN

#17 Aug 14, 2012
Tyotie isn't leaving....not in our lifetime unless a major catastrophe takes place. Deal with it! It's here to stay! Be thankful, embrace it, it built your past and is paving the way to the future. It's a good thing!
me

United States

#18 Aug 15, 2012
superfly snuka wrote:
Tyotie isn't leaving....not in our lifetime unless a major catastrophe takes place. Deal with it! It's here to stay! Be thankful, embrace it, it built your past and is paving the way to the future. It's a good thing!
maybe Toyota is to blame for the new bike lanes on broadway.
Paving the way. Lol
superfly snuka

United States

#19 Aug 15, 2012
me wrote:
<quoted text>maybe Toyota is to blame for the new bike lanes on broadway.
Paving the way. Lol
Evidently! It's easy to point the finger at them! Haha!
lol
#21 Aug 16, 2012
Norton..... The only plans in the next 5 years for TMMK is updated equipment to simply replace the when out stuff . There are no plans to bring any new model to TMMK . If any new model does come any day , TMMK will lose 1 they currently build . Any Lexus or new model built in NA will go to TMMMS . Those plans I have seen, as well as budget for the equipment .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
you dont make him happy 5 hr Unbelievable 7
Who knows her 9 hr You are stupid 2
Peer review process tmmk 11 hr tm 4
Devin Mansfield 22 hr Yours truly bitch 3
Tammi from Roosters 23 hr crack guy 2
Soup kitchen on old mill rd Thu Whut 1
Kevin Hubbard Thu The Ground 7

Georgetown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance