Aaron

Ann Arbor, MI

#21 Oct 5, 2011
Why is it that people always find out that they breed with the wrong person after it's too late.
adam2

Columbus, OH

#22 Oct 5, 2011
she is going to be put out election for her is comeing sooner then we know that when we all need to say no to her
Sapsucker

United States

#23 Oct 6, 2011
She is a fine judge. Save da drama.
truthteller

United States

#24 Oct 6, 2011
don't blame school and work to be the reason ure on welfare. I done exactly the same thing with no help. The fact that I'm a man doesn't either. I work with many women who like u and me, are in the same boat.
Riley

Harrow, UK

#25 Nov 16, 2011
Judge Gormley HATES men....FACT!!!! Single Fathers who are genuine and caring are treated like dirt.
I am me

Georgetown, KY

#26 Aug 26, 2012
Desperate to End wrote:
How do I get Judge Gormley to make a decision? I feel helpless and frustrated. I have been in Judge Gormley's court room 9 times over the past three years to get divorced. My soon-to-be-ex has refused to cooperate with any part of the divorce even though he abandoned me and his children. Last August was our final hearing (which I have been back twice since then) and still no decision. My ex is making over $250,000 a year, tax free and is supposed to pay $1000 a month in temporary child support. Supposed to.....He pays whatever he wants, whenever he wants and is almost $10,000 behind. We are on food stamps, I have child care assistance, and KCHIP for the girls. The child support office can't do anything because they can't find his employer and we still have an open case. I can't refinance my home, because we are not divorced, he does not pay his debt bills he has been ordered to pay, so guess who's credit it ruins. He has allowed my children's insurance to lapse three separate times over the past three years which added to the medical bills. The few things the judge has made decisions on I feel have been fair. But we are stuck in purgatory with no movement forward. My case has been beyond extraordinary and understand her frustration as well as my lawyers frustration (over $12,000 in attorney fees). I am a highly educated person who is struggling to complete two terminal degrees and working as many hours as I can at a little more than minimum wage. Where is his responsibility? He hasn't seen his children but maybe three times in the past four years. I understand Gormley's frustration. Hell, I wouldn't want to deal with it either if I had a choice. Unfortunately I don't have a choice. I fear I am going to loose our home over her failure to make a decision and his lack of child support on top of so many other issues that are unresolved. My ex gets to do whatever the hell he wants, whenever the hell he wants to do it, and we are stuck in limbo. Any suggestions?
And this same judge just took away my son's visitation with his children, a man who loves his kids and pays his child support and wants to spend time with them! All because his wife cried in court that she was afraid of him! He's 5'7 and 130 lbs.... seriously, she's afraid to sleep at night? Give me a freakin break! They are under a no contact order, which she violates at will, but if my son so much as calls her to check on his kids, that's a crime! literally... I don't get this judge, please help this woman and go find that other prick who doesn't care about his kids, and stop taking rights away from the ones who do. Trying to punish my son for all the ones she can't get is wrong!
seriously

United States

#27 Aug 18, 2013
I will pray for you and your children
Desperate to End

Georgetown, KY

#28 Aug 18, 2013
Desperate to End wrote:
How do I get Judge Gormley to make a decision? I feel helpless and frustrated. I have been in Judge Gormley's court room 9 times over the past three years to get divorced. My soon-to-be-ex has refused to cooperate with any part of the divorce even though he abandoned me and his children. Last August was our final hearing (which I have been back twice since then) and still no decision. My ex is making over $250,000 a year, tax free and is supposed to pay $1000 a month in temporary child support. Supposed to.....He pays whatever he wants, whenever he wants and is almost $10,000 behind. We are on food stamps, I have child care assistance, and KCHIP for the girls. The child support office can't do anything because they can't find his employer and we still have an open case. I can't refinance my home, because we are not divorced, he does not pay his debt bills he has been ordered to pay, so guess who's credit it ruins. He has allowed my children's insurance to lapse three separate times over the past three years which added to the medical bills. The few things the judge has made decisions on I feel have been fair. But we are stuck in purgatory with no movement forward. My case has been beyond extraordinary and understand her frustration as well as my lawyers frustration (over $12,000 in attorney fees). I am a highly educated person who is struggling to complete two terminal degrees and working as many hours as I can at a little more than minimum wage. Where is his responsibility? He hasn't seen his children but maybe three times in the past four years. I understand Gormley's frustration. Hell, I wouldn't want to deal with it either if I had a choice. Unfortunately I don't have a choice. I fear I am going to loose our home over her failure to make a decision and his lack of child support on top of so many other issues that are unresolved. My ex gets to do whatever the hell he wants, whenever the hell he wants to do it, and we are stuck in limbo. Any suggestions?
To update, my status since my original post. Judge Gormley finally granted my final decree in 2012. Which did not do any good because my ex filed an appeal which is still unheard. Currently he is $130,000 behind in child support and owes an additional $41,000 in various other expenses. He hasn't seen his children in over a year. He still refuses to pay anything and gets away with it because of his appeal. The situation now is out of Judge Gormley's control. Nonetheless, the system is broken.
seriously

United States

#29 Aug 20, 2013
Big Mike wrote:
Duh: That prayer won't be answered.
prayers always get answered
Concered grandmother

United States

#30 Nov 5, 2013
Desperate to End wrote:
<quoted text>
To update, my status since my original post. Judge Gormley finally granted my final decree in 2012. Which did not do any good because my ex filed an appeal which is still unheard. Currently he is $130,000 behind in child support and owes an additional $41,000 in various other expenses. He hasn't seen his children in over a year. He still refuses to pay anything and gets away with it because of his appeal. The situation now is out of Judge Gormley's control. Nonetheless, the system is broken.
Google commission on judges judicial commission and file a complaint form . Enough people doin this will get attention. I plan on doin this .
another victim of gormley

El Monte, CA

#31 Nov 6, 2013
How do u go about filing a complaint? I went in for a child support case and it quickly turned about my carachter. The same as I read in Scott and bourbon county topics. If u walk into a courtroom and take an oath to tell the truth how can this idiot of a judge with every word u are saying the truth and is documented turn and look at u and say "somethings wrong with u" why because the truth dosent exist in her world. And try to threaten you with social services. Something needs to be done with this judge she is not who should be sitting on the bench as a family court. judge god help us all if she was in the criminal court because in her opinions you are guilty of anything anyone accuses You of, last time I checked I am an American citizen born with rights. I know know she believes she can take them away the minute you walk through the courtroom doors but the truth is I will not let her threaten me . Does anyone know where to start? The onky thing wrong with me is In not going to sit back and let her do my child like she thinks she did. There are cameras in the courtroom people don't let her do you wrong either she's not god and in my opinion Thats not who she will meet in the end.
Hurry Up Election

Georgetown, KY

#32 Nov 6, 2013
It makes my heart sick what she does to families. So many complaints to the Judicial Conduct Commission...but they rarely discipline a judge. It says a lot that they even suspended her. That's so rare. People are supposed to believe in the system. It's supposed to be fair. Please God don't let her win the next election. Whoever takes her place has to be an improvement. I don't think she even cares what the law is, and its so expensive and time-consuming to appeal. But many have had her rulings overturned on appeal. I'm so sad our legal system has come to this. We need a public servant...not her.
Election

Richmond, KY

#33 Nov 7, 2013
Hurry Up Election wrote:
It makes my heart sick what she does to families. So many complaints to the Judicial Conduct Commission...but they rarely discipline a judge. It says a lot that they even suspended her. That's so rare. People are supposed to believe in the system. It's supposed to be fair. Please God don't let her win the next election. Whoever takes her place has to be an improvement. I don't think she even cares what the law is, and its so expensive and time-consuming to appeal. But many have had her rulings overturned on appeal. I'm so sad our legal system has come to this. We need a public servant...not her.
According to Secretary of State website, she has an opponent. Lisa Hart Morgan has filed to run for family court judge.
billy

Richmond, KY

#34 Nov 8, 2013
look in all the comments about this judge an read them,there has been so many children lost in the system,one i read about a little girl that was drugged an raped while in foster care,really,an she is still on the bench.and lets not for get socical workers has the some say when a child is removed,this little girl will never be the same
concerned

Georgetown, KY

#35 Nov 8, 2013
Does anyone know when the election is?
Where is justice

Georgetown, KY

#36 Nov 10, 2013
When Gormley first appealled her 45 day suspension, the KY SUPREME COURT called her a "ROGUE JUDGE" in its intial order!!!!! That says it all. Somehow, and im guessing her political connections and wealth factored into it, she convinced the Court to remove that language from its order. However, you can still find the first order online.
Since she was elected in 2007, after serving a few months as an appointment by Gov. Fletcher (insert all commentary about the unethical practices under his governorship that cost taxpayers a fortune), and since her term is 8 years, I believe we have to wait until November 2015. I hope I'm wrong. I hope it's 2014, which seems more realistic since opponents are already filing against her.
I know it's very difficult to get a Lexington lawyer to take a case in Gormley's district; they call it a "circus," and can cite specific instances of her not following the law in cases they've had before her. In one case, wife and husband and both of there respective attorneys all 4 signed off on a settlement agreement, and Gormley's still would not accept it. I've also heard stories that she fishes out cases for attorneys she likes by telling particular plaintiffs/defendants to go to a particular attorney. She definitely has her favorites, and it's unethical for a judge to solicit cases for attorneys. But how can you prove it to the conduct commission when the hands getting greased will not testify against her and the JCC won't go on reports attorneys have told other attorneys. And, if you make a stink, Gormley's will make life hell so that you never practice in her courtroom again.
All I know about Lisa Hart (the first of many who will run against Gormley...which having too many opponents will cause the votes to be split and fragmented so severely that Gormley's supporters could pull off a win and curse this district for another 8 years)...is that Mrs. Hart has practiced family law for about 10 years, representing many high profile clients...she is one of the "go to" attorneys in family law. It would be refreshing to have someone who knows the law & would follow it...but her family does not seem to be politically connected nor wealthy....a truth that has stumbled many a political campaign. It often comes down to how much money someone can spend, Neil Duncliff is well liked, knowledgeable, and better connected and he was not able to defeat Gormley. Unfortunately money buys campaign signs and materials. Gormley has that. She also has a well-known name from being on the bench so long. Most people just vote for the incumbent....unfortunately. Our only hope is that voters will educate themselves, learn of Gormley's poor ethics from reliable sources, and that an opponent will file with the wealth and political backing required to run an effective campaign. Unfortunately, I do think there will be too many opponents and the vote will be too fragmented. The opponents need to get together and decide who has the best chance of defeating Gormley and put all their support behind a single candidate. The best thing for all of us is having Gormley off the bench!!!!!!
fed up

Indianapolis, IN

#38 May 6, 2014
Everyone wants change then let's go get it. May 20th. Vote Lisa Hart Morgan for family court judge
Law

Georgetown, KY

#39 May 6, 2014
Vote for Dorothy Jo Mastin for family court judge she will be the best
James

Versailles, KY

#41 May 6, 2014
Lisa Morgan for family court judge. Not only hot but the best for the job. I will support her to the end and ask everyone to get on board. Together we can fix this problem but divided Gormley will rule another 8 years. Please please please vote Lisa on May 20th
PleaseShowUs

Richmond, KY

#42 May 6, 2014
raisingtheirkids wrote:
Wow, we're sorry you're going through this nonsense. We have judge gormley on our case too. We took custody of our niece and nephew about a year ago and she was our judge who granted permanent custody after the parents wouldn't get their act together after a year. She was a tremendous help in letting their dead-beat parents exactly what she thought of them. And as for child support, we don't get any. We have fought for it and it is hard to do anything outside of court. She is fair when it counts and it pays to be the pacient one in it all even when its affecting the children, she knows who is in the wrong. Just remember, he cannot get away with everything it'll all come back to bite his ass HARD!<quoted text>
It would seem Gormley sometimes decides correctly. BUT even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
friends with benefits 3 min perv alert 29
GMS Basketball 1 hr Scott County Legend 7
Sharps Towing 5 hr Wally West 13
angie pollard (Aug '12) 7 hr short stroker 6
Background checks at Toyota in Georgetown, KY (Jul '12) 11 hr Kenya 4
Creepn cop 13 hr Dirty cops 3
Hot cops in georgetown 16 hr goober 3
Georgetown Dating
Find my Match

Georgetown People Search