First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Desperate to End

Georgetown, KY

#1 Jun 6, 2011
How do I get Judge Gormley to make a decision? I feel helpless and frustrated. I have been in Judge Gormley's court room 9 times over the past three years to get divorced. My soon-to-be-ex has refused to cooperate with any part of the divorce even though he abandoned me and his children. Last August was our final hearing (which I have been back twice since then) and still no decision. My ex is making over $250,000 a year, tax free and is supposed to pay $1000 a month in temporary child support. Supposed to.....He pays whatever he wants, whenever he wants and is almost $10,000 behind. We are on food stamps, I have child care assistance, and KCHIP for the girls. The child support office can't do anything because they can't find his employer and we still have an open case. I can't refinance my home, because we are not divorced, he does not pay his debt bills he has been ordered to pay, so guess who's credit it ruins. He has allowed my children's insurance to lapse three separate times over the past three years which added to the medical bills. The few things the judge has made decisions on I feel have been fair. But we are stuck in purgatory with no movement forward. My case has been beyond extraordinary and understand her frustration as well as my lawyers frustration (over $12,000 in attorney fees). I am a highly educated person who is struggling to complete two terminal degrees and working as many hours as I can at a little more than minimum wage. Where is his responsibility? He hasn't seen his children but maybe three times in the past four years. I understand Gormley's frustration. Hell, I wouldn't want to deal with it either if I had a choice. Unfortunately I don't have a choice. I fear I am going to loose our home over her failure to make a decision and his lack of child support on top of so many other issues that are unresolved. My ex gets to do whatever the hell he wants, whenever the hell he wants to do it, and we are stuck in limbo. Any suggestions?
Billy Bob

Georgetown, KY

#2 Jun 6, 2011
Thats how she is. Until she gets voted off the bench we are stuck with her. Past complaints about misconduct only got her a suspension and she is right back screwing up.

Since: Feb 11

Earlville, NY

#3 Jun 6, 2011
I feel for you, judge Gormley is Incompetent at best. Until she is removed she will continue to destroy families, I will put you and your children in my prayers.
donna

Georgetown, KY

#4 Jun 6, 2011
i cant imagine if your hubby makes $250k/yr that he is only suppose to pay a grand a month. this is definetely not according to the ky divorce child support matrix rates. are you saying that he dont claim that much and it cant be proven? there must be a lot now written in your story or your def getting screwed over! i'd start with a new attorney. i'm sure he's dragging it all himself so he can get as much $$ from you as possible.
adam

Lexington, KY

#5 Jun 6, 2011
we need a funds raiser to get her off there with the attorney general
Tea Party Solutions

Lebanon, KY

#6 Jun 6, 2011
Tea Party people, a private citizen watchdog group, are interested in your case and want to provide constitutional rights education that will help you in this situation. Send an email to [email protected] and provide the name of all attorneys and contact numbers.
In the future, in order to grow credibility, keep your complaints to Gormely and the attorney(s),as personal attacks against the ex do not build credibility. It is the system that's broken, and we educate and teach why in ways that help you to get it settled fast.
Big Mike

Nashville, TN

#7 Jun 7, 2011
KarmaBaby: I have to disagree with you. Judge Gormley doesn't "destroy people's lives." People themselves destroy their own lives. Gormley just puts the finishing touches on a situation that's already broken.

I do not know "Desperate to End" and I have no clue what her circumstances were. Her husband might have cheated on her etc,(who knows), but my point is, a lot of these "broken homes" and hurting single parents could have been prevented. How do I know? Because I've been there!! I cheated on my spouse and I learned the hard way. Although that was years ago, I'm still suffering from the decisions I made.

My advice to all couples is to seek first the kingdom of God just as the Bible encourages us to do. But unfortunately, that's not happening much today. God/Christ is the last thing on people's minds for the most part.

I wish "Desperate to End" nothing but the best and I will be praying that she and her husband can work this out and get back together despite the current status.
Duh

United States

#8 Jun 7, 2011
big mike...i pray you to STFU!
Big Mike

Nashville, TN

#9 Jun 7, 2011
Duh: That prayer won't be answered.
feelya

United States

#10 Jun 7, 2011
I've been in her court for almost a year. She has made good judgements but they don't seem to be enforced well. I am dealing with a spouse who only wants to pay what he wants to also. My soon to be ex is dragging it out too but I also feel the attorneys are doing it just the same to get as much as they can. I just want it done, not loose my home, and move on. Don't know about you but I didn't ask for or want my home broken so why do people like us have to suffer?
desperate to end

United States

#11 Jun 8, 2011
donna wrote:
i cant imagine if your hubby makes $250k/yr that he is only suppose to pay a grand a month. this is definetely not according to the ky divorce child support matrix rates. are you saying that he dont claim that much and it cant be proven? there must be a lot now written in your story or your def getting screwed over! i'd start with a new attorney. i'm sure he's dragging it all himself so he can get as much $$ from you as possible.
Because he lives and works in a foreign country we have been unable to garnish wages or even verify who his employer is, despite him being ordered over and over again to provide the courts with that information.$250,000 tax free is what he provided in a bank statement at the beginning of the process. We now know he has at least 5 other bank accounts, foreign and domestic, but that is all we know. Because we had been geographically separated for 4 years due to employment prior to the divorce, I was totally unaware of his true income for the latter part of our 16 year marriage.
who r u

Lexington, KY

#12 Jun 8, 2011
Sorry but u are fighting a losing battle. You might as well forget about child support. The only choice u have is to take care of ur children by urself
Desperate to End

Lexington, KY

#13 Jun 8, 2011
Big Mike wrote:
KarmaBaby: I have to disagree with you. Judge Gormley doesn't "destroy people's lives." People themselves destroy their own lives. Gormley just puts the finishing touches on a situation that's already broken.
I do not know "Desperate to End" and I have no clue what her circumstances were. Her husband might have cheated on her etc,(who knows), but my point is, a lot of these "broken homes" and hurting single parents could have been prevented. How do I know? Because I've been there!! I cheated on my spouse and I learned the hard way. Although that was years ago, I'm still suffering from the decisions I made.
My advice to all couples is to seek first the kingdom of God just as the Bible encourages us to do. But unfortunately, that's not happening much today. God/Christ is the last thing on people's minds for the most part.
I wish "Desperate to End" nothing but the best and I will be praying that she and her husband can work this out and get back together despite the current status.
Judge Gormley has not destroyed my life, I want to make that clear. I have been pleased with all the decisions that she has made in my case, when we can get her to make a decision. The issue is that this case literally has not progressed in three years. Child Support, custody, division of property, nothing has permenantly been decided which has made challenges in my and my children's ability to move forward.

Cheating is a symptom of an already broken family and individual system. Prior to our divorce, we did not live as a family for 4 years due to his employment. I am by no means trying to make excuses for my husband's actions, but I have come to learn that my children and I are MUCH better off living our seperate lives from him. Although it didn't seem like it at the time, his leaving, was the best gift he could have ever given. God does has his ways, it is what you choose to do with his gifts that matter. There is no chance for reconcilliation and we are all better off that way. Thank you for your concern.
Desperate to End

Lexington, KY

#14 Jun 8, 2011
feelya wrote:
I've been in her court for almost a year. She has made good judgements but they don't seem to be enforced well. I am dealing with a spouse who only wants to pay what he wants to also. My soon to be ex is dragging it out too but I also feel the attorneys are doing it just the same to get as much as they can. I just want it done, not loose my home, and move on. Don't know about you but I didn't ask for or want my home broken so why do people like us have to suffer?
I guess that is my concern, why does this have to drag on for so long. How do I get her to make a decision without making her mad. I have been happy with her rulings, but she does NOT enforce them. My ex has dragged this out, mostly because he does not want permenant support set, arrears recalculated, and wants to continue to own my home jointly. I am sorry you are suffering from the same thing. It sucks. I hope an end is in sight for both of us.
Help

Georgetown, KY

#15 Oct 3, 2011
feelya wrote:
Is your case still being drug out or is it resolved?
flexa

Prestonsburg, KY

#16 Oct 3, 2011
Desperate to End wrote:
How do I get Judge Gormley to make a decision? I feel helpless and frustrated. I have been in Judge Gormley's court room 9 times over the past three years to get divorced. My soon-to-be-ex has refused to cooperate with any part of the divorce even though he abandoned me and his children. Last August was our final hearing (which I have been back twice since then) and still no decision. My ex is making over $250,000 a year, tax free and is supposed to pay $1000 a month in temporary child support. Supposed to.....He pays whatever he wants, whenever he wants and is almost $10,000 behind. We are on food stamps, I have child care assistance, and KCHIP for the girls. The child support office can't do anything because they can't find his employer and we still have an open case. I can't refinance my home, because we are not divorced, he does not pay his debt bills he has been ordered to pay, so guess who's credit it ruins. He has allowed my children's insurance to lapse three separate times over the past three years which added to the medical bills. The few things the judge has made decisions on I feel have been fair. But we are stuck in purgatory with no movement forward. My case has been beyond extraordinary and understand her frustration as well as my lawyers frustration (over $12,000 in attorney fees). I am a highly educated person who is struggling to complete two terminal degrees and working as many hours as I can at a little more than minimum wage. Where is his responsibility? He hasn't seen his children but maybe three times in the past four years. I understand Gormley's frustration. Hell, I wouldn't want to deal with it either if I had a choice. Unfortunately I don't have a choice. I fear I am going to loose our home over her failure to make a decision and his lack of child support on top of so many other issues that are unresolved. My ex gets to do whatever the hell he wants, whenever the hell he wants to do it, and we are stuck in limbo. Any suggestions?
YES she corrupt send her cash it goes further. If your looking for justice from that piece of trash, your going to be waiting a long time. Gormley is nothing she belongs in the sewer with the rest of the garbage. VOTE THE ----- OUT OF OFFICE the 3 judge panel overseeing her don't care either.
Help

Georgetown, KY

#17 Oct 3, 2011
flexa wrote:
<quoted text> YES she corrupt send her cash it goes further. If your looking for justice from that piece of trash, your going to be waiting a long time. Gormley is nothing she belongs in the sewer with the rest of the garbage. VOTE THE ----- OUT OF OFFICE the 3 judge panel overseeing her don't care either.
Do you currently have an open case, if so, how long has it taken?
raisingtheirkids

United States

#18 Oct 4, 2011
Wow, we're sorry you're going through this nonsense. We have judge gormley on our case too. We took custody of our niece and nephew about a year ago and she was our judge who granted permanent custody after the parents wouldn't get their act together after a year. She was a tremendous help in letting their dead-beat parents exactly what she thought of them. And as for child support, we don't get any. We have fought for it and it is hard to do anything outside of court. She is fair when it counts and it pays to be the pacient one in it all even when its affecting the children, she knows who is in the wrong. Just remember, he cannot get away with everything it'll all come back to bite his ass HARD!
Desperate to End wrote:
truthteller

United States

#19 Oct 5, 2011
sounds like u need to use ure education. I'm a single father in the same boat, but I'm not on food stamps. just sayin
desperate to end

United States

#20 Oct 5, 2011
Really? Out of everything that WAS said you are going to take a stab at me for being on foodstamps? On an annual income of about $9000, you try feeding your children. Did I mention that between work and school, I work about 50 hours a week outside of the home? I will take a good bet that your income is at least $2.30 per hour higher than mine and you have access to healthcare benefits simply because you are male. Inequality is still going strong. He hasn't seen the children in almost a year and a half, so who is suffering?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
transfreight 2nd shift ....Ronda 5 hr Hey 4
pedestrian hit 7 hr Truth 12
Autism = retarded? (May '13) 7 hr Sense and Sensib... 59
UAW Union vote coming to Toyota 12 hr Old timer 426
If TMMK votes UAW. What would you bargain for? Sun stupid 53
Whitney at Pilot (Jun '15) Sun Jeezy 5
Does anyone know that chick,Jennifer Bates? Sun Just want to know 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Georgetown Mortgages