When is toyota hiring..any news

Posted in the Georgetown Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
wtf

Noblesville, IN

#1 Feb 10, 2011
I applied in nov..completed and passed all the tests in mid dec. Was told they would b hiring in jan.. Now mid feb and still no word..kelly temp. has new ad for hiring on kentucky.com ..wtf? I see y they need a union..this is ridiculous..they expect people to b on call for them..months in advance..anyone know whats goin on or who else is hiring?
gimmeabreak

United States

#2 Feb 10, 2011
Got my call today for orientation scheduled. Hang in there...they re starting to hire..
mommy09

United States

#3 Feb 10, 2011
I got my call 2 weeks ago to come in for orientation. However, i started school in january and told them i needed to be on 2nd shift. Kelly services then explained to me that since i was unavailable for both shifts that they couldnt bring me in to start work. How shitty is that!
Advice

United States

#4 Feb 10, 2011
Let me give u a bit of useful info... IF ur just lookn for sum quick easy money, then do not mention which shift ur available for goofballs!! Go in, do the orientation, then go to the training sessions which lasts a week n the classroom, then uve got 2 more weeks of training on the prod floor and ur NOT aloud to have overtime unless aprroved by Kelly.. At that time u may or may not stay on one particular shift.. U might get moved as the need for manpower decides that... So virtually u can work and do a little of nothing up to about 4 or 5 weeks, draw a 40 hour paycheck, and THEN if its not capatible with ur other schedule quit! At least uve gotten paid to do little to nothing.. But i would HIGHLY suggest to all applicants to refrain from offering too much delicate information to Kelly cuz itll bite u n the ass possibly, maybe prevent u from getn a job period. Sumn to think about. But ill also tell u that working at Toyota, temp or not aint all its crackd up to be.... Ask around bfore u even waste ur time.. Yes all factories have bullshit to put up with, but Toyota in particular takes a special kinda sucker to deal with it day after day after day gettn ur moral pissed on. Good luck tho...
mommy09

Richmond, KY

#5 Feb 10, 2011
Advice wrote:
Let me give u a bit of useful info... IF ur just lookn for sum quick easy money, then do not mention which shift ur available for goofballs!! Go in, do the orientation, then go to the training sessions which lasts a week n the classroom, then uve got 2 more weeks of training on the prod floor and ur NOT aloud to have overtime unless aprroved by Kelly.. At that time u may or may not stay on one particular shift.. U might get moved as the need for manpower decides that... So virtually u can work and do a little of nothing up to about 4 or 5 weeks, draw a 40 hour paycheck, and THEN if its not capatible with ur other schedule quit! At least uve gotten paid to do little to nothing.. But i would HIGHLY suggest to all applicants to refrain from offering too much delicate information to Kelly cuz itll bite u n the ass possibly, maybe prevent u from getn a job period. Sumn to think about. But ill also tell u that working at Toyota, temp or not aint all its crackd up to be.... Ask around bfore u even waste ur time.. Yes all factories have bullshit to put up with, but Toyota in particular takes a special kinda sucker to deal with it day after day after day gettn ur moral pissed on. Good luck tho...
Some of us are actually looking for long-term jobs; not just quick money.
Advice

United States

#6 Feb 10, 2011
Soooooo read my post again. I SAID IF!!! There was no certainty involved!'IF'. Youre welcome. Good luck once again. But learn to read with detail..
Let Me Tell You

Richmond, KY

#7 Feb 11, 2011
I'll give it to you straight on my experiences with Kelly Services and their temp jobs at Toyota. I started the hiring process with them back in July of last year. I took their computer assessment test in July and then went to Lexington to their office to fill out a bunch of paperwork. They told me at the time it would be one to four months to get hired on. I took the day-of-work assessment at Toyota (pretty hard physically and you will be sore after it's over), then finally the physical and drug test. I passed all of their tests (passed the physical/drug test in September) and then the LONG wait began. I was out of work at the time, and was hoping they would hire me before four months was up. I called them all the time, and each time I called I got a different answer about when they would be hiring. All this time, I continued to see their ads in the Herald Leader every Sunday advertising for long-term temporary workers at Toyota. All they while I'm thinking, "Why are they advertising for people when people like me who have waited months and months haven't been hired yet?"

After months of waiting and hoping and not having a job, I finally got a job offer with a company in Lexington. Even though I still wanted to work at Toyota, I took the job because I needed a check after being out of work since August. I was tired of sitting on my butt on unemployment. That's right, not everyone on unemployment is lazy. Some of us actually want to work for a living!

Well, guess what? Kelly Services called me literally one week to the day after I started my new job! How's that for crappy timing. I told them that was staying where I'm at.

I think it's a joke and a bunch of crap how Kelly Services and Toyota make people jump through hoops just to get a job as a temp. I actually blame Toyota more than I do Kelly Services. My thinking is this: If they treat you like this while you are trying to get a job with them as a temp what will it be like when you are actually at Toyota working for them and they know they've got you? They should have to hire you after 90 days or let you go. Toyota definitely needs a union. It's just a matter of time before it happens.

Good luck to everyone still trying to get on there. I hope it works out for you. Just know what you are getting yourself into .
wizard

Lexington, KY

#8 Feb 12, 2011
Hey advice why don't you learn to spell.
ELBUD

Santa Clara, CA

#9 Feb 16, 2011
do anyone know when the toyota plant in mississippi is going to start their hiring process?
Tim

Nicholasville, KY

#10 Feb 16, 2011
Why dont you call the temp agency you went through? I worked through the temp agency at Toyota and it SUCKED! Good luck.
wtf wrote:
I applied in nov..completed and passed all the tests in mid dec. Was told they would b hiring in jan.. Now mid feb and still no word..kelly temp. has new ad for hiring on kentucky.com ..wtf? I see y they need a union..this is ridiculous..they expect people to b on call for them..months in advance..anyone know whats goin on or who else is hiring?
Lisa

Nicholasville, KY

#11 Feb 16, 2011
Call Toyota and ask for Ron Warring. He is over all the temps at Toyota.
wtf wrote:
when

Versailles, KY

#12 Feb 17, 2011
I was there last they said not for a few months
wtf

Chicago, IL

#13 Feb 17, 2011
Kelly called..start orientation next week. Was told its 6 months guranteed wrk..after that toyota will evaluate u..how u work and being there everyday w/ no absences..if they think ur up to par..then u get 3 year contract..if everything good after 3 years..they may choose to hire u full time thru toyota..where pay would increase as well as full benefits. Im just glad to get a job..not many jobs paying 15 plus an hour
Current Temp

Glenview Nas, IL

#14 Feb 20, 2011
I've been at Toyota for two years now, and my advice to everyone here is do not miss a single day of work, for anything! I don't care if your whole family gets wiped out by rabies, show up for work the next day lol. If you have amazing attendance, good quality, and don't get hurt, then you have a fighting chance of getting permanent. In the last month, there's been 6 people over in kitty section that were hired permanently, and they were close to their 3 years, in fact one was on his very last day. But if you're gonna miss days, you'll be laid off come your 3 years for sure. On my tiny little line, I've seen 9 temps get fired or quit in the last 17 months. Missing days has been the number 1 reason.
Current Temp

Glenview Nas, IL

#15 Feb 20, 2011
*my section , not kitty lmao
Joe

Pikeville, KY

#16 Apr 13, 2012
Does Kelly Services discriminate based on age when hiring temporaries for Toyota?
Josh

Ann Arbor, MI

#17 Apr 16, 2012
Kelly can and does whatever they are told by Toyota. If you want guaranteed job at TMMK, tell them your gay or part some minority group. Instant in and fast tracked to the top. You can be a total piece of sh1t, doesn't matter. The most worthless turds there are at the top.
Soon to be Temp I hope

Boynton Beach, FL

#18 May 5, 2012
So, did you end up getting hired on when your 3 years were up? Just wondering... I just scheduled my "day of work assessment" thru Kelly Svcs and I really wanted to know if I came in every day on time, did good quality work and otherwise was a good employee & coworker did I even have a chance of getting hired on full time. Don't get me wrong, I'll gladly work the next 3 years at $15 and not complain, I just wanted to know if I even had a chance. Thank you!
Current Temp wrote:
I've been at Toyota for two years now, and my advice to everyone here is do not miss a single day of work, for anything! I don't care if your whole family gets wiped out by rabies, show up for work the next day lol. If you have amazing attendance, good quality, and don't get hurt, then you have a fighting chance of getting permanent. In the last month, there's been 6 people over in kitty section that were hired permanently, and they were close to their 3 years, in fact one was on his very last day. But if you're gonna miss days, you'll be laid off come your 3 years for sure. On my tiny little line, I've seen 9 temps get fired or quit in the last 17 months. Missing days has been the number 1 reason.
foxtrot

United States

#19 May 6, 2012
Soon to be Temp I hope wrote:
<quoted text>So, did you end up getting hired on when your 3 years were up? Just wondering... I just scheduled my "day of work assessment" thru Kelly Svcs and I really wanted to know if I came in every day on time, did good quality work and otherwise was a good employee & coworker did I even have a chance of getting hired on full time. Don't get me wrong, I'll gladly work the next 3 years at $15 and not complain, I just wanted to know if I even had a chance. Thank you!
this all coming from someone who has no clue how Toyota works. You say now you won't complain but eventually that place will break you down. There is no guarantee you will ever get hired, regardless of quality and attendance. I know people who have been there 6 yrs and they are still waiting. Toyota will chew you up and spit you out. They go through a lot of temps.
Soon to be Temp

Boynton Beach, FL

#20 May 6, 2012
foxtrot wrote:
<quoted text>
this all coming from someone who has no clue how Toyota works. You say now you won't complain but eventually that place will break you down. There is no guarantee you will ever get hired, regardless of quality and attendance. I know people who have been there 6 yrs and they are still waiting. Toyota will chew you up and spit you out. They go through a lot of temps.
Thank you for the info. However, I do not thank you for being rude. " All this from someone who doesn't know how Toyota works?" How could I possibly know how Toyota works when I don't work there? Also, "All" of what? My question??? It amazes me that you would go out of your way to answer my question at this time of night, but then you were rude. I'll never understand that. I'm not going to adopt the same stance. Again, I appreciate your response. Thank you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who are the prostitutes 29 min moved 20
you are busted bi*ch 3 hr Funny 19
scroggins park (Sep '09) 5 hr Comment 43
What to do in Gtiwn.. I'm new here... 8 hr NoPervs 39
Who knows this kid Daniel Burton 12 hr Insane 7
There's this girl 18 hr Big daddy Kane 18
What behind culvers 18 hr Josh Elder 4

Georgetown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance