United States

#151 Nov 3, 2012
Just work on getting in the door first

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#152 Nov 3, 2012
That one guy wrote:
Sweet n all
Is there anyway I may be able influence my chances at first shift?
And I know overtime is frequently required, but how much and how often does the overtime come around? And if I wanted would I be able to work overtime as much as I would like?
Unfortunately, unless its a super important reason they will simply put you where they need someone. We lost a good worker last week because they told him that we needed him on 2nd, so he quit. We do need him, but now we have to get someone else and train them all over again. You have to accept that you will at some time work 2nd shift. On a lighter note. I prefer 2nd shift. I dont do alarm clocks. I dont have to take vacation time to see the doctor, or whatever else. I do like having my free time during the day.

Location hidden

#153 Nov 3, 2012
overtime is based on how many cars are to be built in the shifts time frame, and it depends on whether the machines will cooperate as well. Right now we arent getting much overtime, but the new Avalon model was launched last week and we expect to be selling to china shortly that ill increase our daily build to where there will be alot of overtime by the end of the year. Even with that, there are some areas that dont get overtime at all, and there are areas like stamping that never stop running.
MexicanGirl

Georgetown, KY

#154 Nov 3, 2012
You are great Sweet n all :)
That one guy

United States

#157 Nov 3, 2012
Wonderful info sweet n all!!!!! My only concern was because my wife works first shift and was trying to keep us on a similar time frame. But we discussed it and she would switch shifts if needed. Also, I have a friend that works there (didn't know) and he gave my quite an extensive lOok at how pay and raises go for a first shift temp and how the pay is a hired employee. He said 2nd shift receives 'premium Pay'(as he put it). Could u enlighten me on exactly where one starts as a temp, what a temps max pay is, and the same for a hired worker. He also said u could be hired anywhere between 1-6 years as a temp. What things would increase someone's probability to be hired sooner rather then later? Thanks again in advance.

Location hidden

#158 Nov 3, 2012
I know its harder on a relationship when you cant see each other. That is something that hr and staffing can look at and help you with so your together. As for pay, as a direct employee, I get a 2 percent on base pay adjustment for being on second shift. I also know that the system has recently gone through some changes for the temps and I dont know what they are, as I am not one. I was raised that what someone else makes isnt my business, so I dont pry. I do know that as a direct employee, I am one of the best paid non skill laborors in the country with extremely good benefits. I also know from talking to the Kelly Rep. that everyone is being hired at the three year mark. Not 1-6. The only exception to that is powertrain is getting hire dates sooner.
That one guy

United States

#159 Nov 4, 2012
Would I speak with the hr or Kelly rep before or on my start date? I agree with ur raising and will not ask u to disclose your pay. When being positioned do I have the option to be in power train? Or is there a prerequisite of skills for it? Or just random placement?

Location hidden

#160 Nov 4, 2012
talk to the Kelly rep. sooner than later. You have to ask before decisions are made.
That one guy

United States

#161 Nov 4, 2012
Will do! Any other advice u can offer? For anything?

Location hidden

#162 Nov 4, 2012
That one guy wrote:
Will do! Any other advice u can offer? For anything?
Oh, I have lots of advice on just about every subject. Best advice is to be quick to listen and slow to speak.
That one guy

United States

#163 Nov 4, 2012
Sweet-n-all wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I have lots of advice on just about every subject. Best advice is to be quick to listen and slow to speak.
Ahhhh I see. From what a Kelly rep told me, they were taking various sized groups each week. What day in the week are they doing this?

Location hidden

#164 Nov 6, 2012
That one guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhhh I see. From what a Kelly rep told me, they were taking various sized groups each week. What day in the week are they doing this?
Seems that they like mondays.
A Womans Worth

Ann Arbor, MI

#165 Nov 9, 2012
First off, Amanda Kelty has nothing to do with the Kelly staffing question. Your a dumbass and shes good people

Location hidden

#166 Nov 9, 2012
A Womans Worth wrote:
First off, Amanda Kelty has nothing to do with the Kelly staffing question. Your a dumbass and shes good people
Did I miss something? Who are you talking to dear?

Location hidden

#167 Nov 9, 2012
Sweet-n-all wrote:
<quoted text> Did I miss something? Who are you talking to dear?
Never mind, I went back to page one, a year ago and found it. I guess that makes me and old full timer flirt.....lol
stuckinindy

Versailles, KY

#168 Nov 13, 2012
curious,not too good at the moment. My mother had a stroke back @ end of september, resulting in my missing three days, and they terminated my assignment. Now I can't seem to get a restart date. I really dont know who to contact. I was told all I needed to do was provide documentation and would be able to restart. Now, my 2nd shift floor supervisor is Janey, but i don't know who to turn to at this point, because I can't seem to get any action from her. Thinking of trying Employment Plus. Will keep you posted.
Lucky

Lexington, KY

#169 Nov 13, 2012
stuckinindy wrote:
curious,not too good at the moment. My mother had a stroke back @ end of september, resulting in my missing three days, and they terminated my assignment. Now I can't seem to get a restart date. I really dont know who to contact. I was told all I needed to do was provide documentation and would be able to restart. Now, my 2nd shift floor supervisor is Janey, but i don't know who to turn to at this point, because I can't seem to get any action from her. Thinking of trying Employment Plus. Will keep you posted.
sorry to hear about your mom!
stuckinindy

Versailles, KY

#170 Nov 14, 2012
Lucky wrote:
<quoted text> sorry to hear about your mom!
Thanks,Lucky. I will keep everyone posted, no new news yet.
stuckinindy

Versailles, KY

#171 Nov 14, 2012
Thanks, Lucky. No new news yet, will keep you posted.

Location hidden

#172 Nov 15, 2012
stuckinindy wrote:
It will be up to your Group leader and the Kelly rep. Just show them an admitting slip from the hospital or something like that and they may work with you. I know its a hard spot to be in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Toyota Bonuses another slap in the face 3 hr haha 123
applebees 6 hr Daniel Carver 15
Phones inside Toyota 7 hr Been there 5
Aichi 17 hr Amy 8
Tmmk Kelly Services Sat Been there done that 8
Oser's landing today Sat NotBonk 2
Group Leader- Toyota Tsusho Sat Toyota 13

Georgetown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance