Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2011

Judged:

not really. you would need to obtain an IP address first. if you could do that, you stand a much better chance of finding what youre looking for. but considering that anyone using a proxy could show a bogus IP, and internet security is ever evolving. My suggestion is to let it go. the odds are not in your favor. But, if you cant, there are a number of tools and utilities that you can obtain for free to help you with your challenge. invite whoever is posting about you to send you an email to email address. that is an easy way to get thier IP. Then you can back track your way to them.
Ohyes

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2011

Judged:

You have to go to the county attorney and if you can prove slander than you can get a warrant/ subpoena and topix has to release the information of the IP address. They can give name and address. But again this requires court order and it is stated in the disclosure statement on topix that your information can be released it under court order.
goober

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2011

Ohyes wrote:
You have to go to the county attorney and if you can prove slander than you can get a warrant/ subpoena and topix has to release the information of the IP address. They can give name and address. But again this requires court order and it is stated in the disclosure statement on topix that your information can be released it under court order.
and no judge is going to waste their time giving a court order for slander. even if you have been raped or murdered, its a slim possibility. i was trying to google this one day and i think i found one case ever (in texas) that a court order was actually granted for. i wonder how much topix could make if they suddenly offered to reveal the author of any post for $1000.00?? it would suddenly be the richest company in the world!
Tracy

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2011

MightyIncognito wrote:
not really. you would need to obtain an IP address first. if you could do that, you stand a much better chance of finding what youre looking for. but considering that anyone using a proxy could show a bogus IP, and internet security is ever evolving. My suggestion is to let it go. the odds are not in your favor. But, if you cant, there are a number of tools and utilities that you can obtain for free to help you with your challenge. invite whoever is posting about you to send you an email to email address. that is an easy way to get thier IP. Then you can back track your way to them.
OK I have a IP address now what do I do.
DickTRICKLE

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2011

It burns when IP.
dooda

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2011

Judged:

Tracy wrote:
<quoted text> OK I have a IP address now what do I do.
shi t in one hand and piss in the other. good luck
live for google

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2011

Judged:

google "how to trace an IP address" there are plenty of sites.....free even. its easy all you do is type it in.
live for google

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2011

Judged:

http://www.wikihow.com/Trace-an-IP-Address

Go to a website that will allow you to look up IP address information. Google "IP Lookup" or "IP Geolcation" for a large list of sites that will freely offer this service.
Grateful

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

live for google wrote:
http://www.wikihow.com/Trace-a n-IP-Address
Go to a website that will allow you to look up IP address information. Google "IP Lookup" or "IP Geolcation" for a large list of sites that will freely offer this service.
Thank you so much
really

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

Judged:

I say if you have to worry about it, then you must have a guilty conscience about something. Most mature people overlook things being said on sites like this. If you know something isn't true, then don't worry about it. Your opinion is all that matters, right?
so what

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

Judged:

You can not glean any info from the IP#.
Besides, why do you care what people say? You will never stop people from speaking their mind.
Aaron

Ann Arbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

Judged:

What if it was posted from a work computer? How would an IP address help? What if it was posted from a Library computer? What if it was posted from a Smartphone?
skinnie minnie

West Lafayette, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

who are the fattest women in georgetown?
lol

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2011

who are the skinny crack hoes in georgetown?
humph

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2011

Judged:

so what wrote:
You can not glean any info from the IP#.
Besides, why do you care what people say? You will never stop people from speaking their mind.
This is so true. That's why people don't worry about it.
Gotcha

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2011

Thank you so much live for google. And for the b!tch as- motherfu)er yeah i got u now and i know u'v been on this post two. I'll see ya around,,,, thats all i got to say....
penny duckhead

West Lafayette, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2011

It is not illegal to post whatever we feel like.
The IP offers nothing.
This site is for us to emote our opinions.
Like gossip. Except online.
who cares

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2011

so what if someone posted something about you its only words if you think its not true why worry about it

“Merry Christmas”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2011

Topix welcomes all reports. Anytime your privacy is being invaded, you are stalked, haressed, bullied, or vulgar language applied, hit that dumbazz button. Report the abuse. Follow the instructions. Topix will investagate and send warnings out to the guilty parties. I know this for a fact. Topix goes by IP addresses, not names.
Have a good night..........

http://youtu.be/XwwR8tfQMoM

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Georgetown Forum right now

Search the Georgetown Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Le Jimbo 146,978
Sheila Mann 19 min punching bag 3
black people (Dec '12) 28 min stupid 33
Drunk Driver - Black Honda Pilot Scott Co Plates 35 min wow 21
Drug dealers in town 41 min ronnie the limo driver 2
Taking back our streets and community 6 hr Time for justice 1
trusting the wrong people (Apr '13) 7 hr watch out 58
•••
•••
•••
Georgetown Dating

more search filters

less search filters