Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2011

Judged:

Bradford Place HOA was set up by Ball Homes. That is what home builders do to pass on the responsibility and liability of the green spaces. There is a lot of grass to be mowed and trimming to be done among other things. The rules or covenants were also set up by Ball Homes. The HOA board had nothing to do with writing the covenants. All homeowners agreed to be in the HOA and the covenants that go along with it, at the closing on there home. Despite what the real-estate agent might have told you. If you think our HOA board does not have your back, go and sit in on a meeting or two. The board is trying to do what they have to do for the best of our neighborhood. If you care about our neighborhood, I challenge you to get involved. If all of us care about our neighborhood it will help our neighborhood for the better. People will want to live here because it is a great place to live. Houses will sell quickly and our property values will go up. I see only positive things coming from all this.
HOA supporter

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2011

Judged:

The HOA has good concientious people on the board. Having it in place is a positive for our neighborhood in all aspects. They need our support and positive input. Go to a meeting and find out what is happening. Don't just depend on second hand info and hearsay.
your mom

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2011

Judged:

you know this topix is sad. What do you all expect???? this is the world we live in now! you chose to live in the city so deal with it! but i do disagree with the RV's they suck and are awful to see! especially on hemingway!:):):)
L KENT

Sharpsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2011

Judged:

your mom wrote:
you know this topix is sad. What do you all expect???? this is the world we live in now! you chose to live in the city so deal with it! but i do disagree with the RV's they suck and are awful to see! especially on hemingway!:):):)
sorry about your dislike of rv's you must not own one and resent those who do. my problem with hoa's is they enforce what and when they want to. selective enforcement does nobody good. if you are going to enforce rules then do it 100% of the time.
Peace2U

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2011

Judged:

L KENT wrote:
<quoted text>sorry about your dislike of rv's you must not own one and resent those who do. my problem with hoa's is they enforce what and when they want to. selective enforcement does nobody good. if you are going to enforce rules then do it 100% of the time.
The whole neiborhood needs to join the HOA. That would pull the neighborhood together and we would all pay a lot less in dues per house per year. Everyone that belongs to the paying part of our HOA gets a vote in the HOA. I know everyone should already be in the same paying group. We can thank Ball Homes for this mess. It would be great if Ball Homes would fix the mess they left us with. I'm sure the HOA will enforce the rules. It will not be easy to enforce the rules since they have not been enforced from the beginning. I agree enforce all rules 100%. The bylaws were not written by our HOA. They were written by the developer. The rules are Bylaws and by law they are to be followed.
uhhh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2011

Judged:

Some people aren't as fortunet as others to be born with healthy bodies. Section 8 is set up for people who r disabled and can't work. They have little income so they need government assistance to b able to live in a home. What if u became disabled and couldn't afford your $1200 month mortgage. What would u do?
resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2011

I've lived in this neighborhood for over 12 yrs&this is the first time I've ever heard ANYTHING about an HOA..why is that I wonder? I don't see how anybody can expect ppl to join an HOA when there's never been any info passed on to homeowners or why they think they can just throw this all together 15 yrs after the neighborhood was begun.As for upkeep of green space,look around,there is very little green space here..maybe if we had a small playground or ball court ppl wouldn't be so opposed to helping take care of it....when&where are these supposed meetings happening??(seems a bit shady)
Right-On

Clay City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2011

Judged:

And why are BPHOA "enforcers" hiding their identity?????????

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2011

Judged:

Listen up people. We went to the initial HOA meeting and stood up and spoke out loud and asked for a VOTE. A vote to see who did and who didn't want a HOA and the man running the meeting asked for a show of hand of who DID want one and there were very few. The majority was that no one wanted the HOA. We have the right to disband it. Simply do NOT pay your dues! The first letter sent to us with the bill for $125 even said that if you don't pay dues then you simply lose voting privileges when it comes to voting on things regarding our subdivision. The 2nd letter sent to us said they would not be regulating grass height and then the next letter says they will. Seems like they need to get their shit together.
In the meantime, I have put my house up for sale. I'm fed up with Ball Homes, I'm fed up with this HOA crap, and I'm fed up with my rights being taken away! We all need to unite and not stand for this! The majority rules and no one wants this mess. Live and let live! What may seem tacky to one may be art to another. Granted, there's a lot of tackiness in our neighborhood, but I have bigger fish to fry and as long as my yard and such are to my liking, that's all that matters.
And PS: My house for sale is on Baldwin Terrace if anyone wants to buy it - HA!
resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2011

NCalum98 wrote:
Listen up people. We went to the initial HOA meeting and stood up and spoke out loud and asked for a VOTE. A vote to see who did and who didn't want a HOA and the man running the meeting asked for a show of hand of who DID want one and there were very few. The majority was that no one wanted the HOA. We have the right to disband it. Simply do NOT pay your dues! The first letter sent to us with the bill for $125 even said that if you don't pay dues then you simply lose voting privileges when it comes to voting on things regarding our subdivision. The 2nd letter sent to us said they would not be regulating grass height and then the next letter says they will. Seems like they need to get their shit together.
In the meantime, I have put my house up for sale. I'm fed up with Ball Homes, I'm fed up with this HOA crap, and I'm fed up with my rights being taken away! We all need to unite and not stand for this! The majority rules and no one wants this mess. Live and let live! What may seem tacky to one may be art to another. Granted, there's a lot of tackiness in our neighborhood, but I have bigger fish to fry and as long as my yard and such are to my liking, that's all that matters.
And PS: My house for sale is on Baldwin Terrace if anyone wants to buy it - HA!
Where&when was this meeting?Like I said earlier,we've lived here for years&we've never received any info..no letters or anything.I would think if this is for all of Bradford Place then they would contact ALL homeowners
HOA is a joke

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2011

Judged:

I have no intention on paying either, go ahead and foreclose on my home, then everyone's property values drop. I received a letter first stating I had to pay, then a 2nd saying it was optional-who the hell really knows? If the greenspace is a problem, LET THE ADJACENT HOMEOWNERS THAT WANT TO BUY THE LAND BUY IT!! There are plenty of us that want to, but are not allowed by this power hungry group of bozos. The latest waste of time meeting looks to be Sept 18 at Harmony from 6:00-8:00. I think it's correct since I tore the envelope into 20 pieces when it arrived.
NCalum98

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2011

resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Where&when was this meeting?Like I said earlier,we've lived here for years&we've never received any info..no letters or anything.I would think if this is for all of Bradford Place then they would contact ALL homeowners
I don't know the exact date off the top of my head but it was in the spring. They sent a blanket letter to the entire subdivision notifying us of a proposed HOA and they had a meeting. I probably still have it at the house somewhere.
And did you also know that not all the houses in the subdivision are being told to pay the $125, yet we all benefit from it? This was also discussed in the meeting. For example, I live on Baldwin and only the odd # houses are part of it, yet the even numbers aren't. I was told this is because our house was built under the new deed restrictions; however, that is a flat out LIE because my house was one of the first on the block to be built. Imagine that! Ball Homes lying!
NCalum98

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2011

HOA is a joke wrote:
I have no intention on paying either, go ahead and foreclose on my home, then everyone's property values drop. I received a letter first stating I had to pay, then a 2nd saying it was optional-who the hell really knows? If the greenspace is a problem, LET THE ADJACENT HOMEOWNERS THAT WANT TO BUY THE LAND BUY IT!! There are plenty of us that want to, but are not allowed by this power hungry group of bozos. The latest waste of time meeting looks to be Sept 18 at Harmony from 6:00-8:00. I think it's correct since I tore the envelope into 20 pieces when it arrived.
I still have that letter at my house if anyone needs to see it.
I will try to find the first letter as well.
Ha Ha

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2011

Judged:

We aren't paying for this crap either! Sounds like a bunch of bullshit! I've lived here for 5 years and bought my house brand new and nothing was ever said about a HOA in my deed, etc. Yes I agree that HOA's are good if they are ran properly but come on....not everyone has to pay, etc. Nah, no thank you, I'll sell and move to another neighborhood, Bradford isnt that nice anyway, hell you have your cars broken into, houses broken into, people setting their houses on fire, frickin craziness.
bob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2011

Judged:

uhhh wrote:
Some people aren't as fortunet as others to be born with healthy bodies. Section 8 is set up for people who r disabled and can't work. They have little income so they need government assistance to b able to live in a home. What if u became disabled and couldn't afford your $1200 month mortgage. What would u do?
Then they should move to a damn apartment! Simple. If u can't afford something then u do what u gotta do
Ha Ha

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2011

Judged:

bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Then they should move to a damn apartment! Simple. If u can't afford something then u do what u gotta do
Suck it - Bob!
Peace2U

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2011

Judged:

The HOA meeting is September 18 at 6:00pm-8:00pm. It disappoints me to hear how some of you are speaking about our HOA. We are all neighbors and are in this together. I would help any one of you, if I knew you needed help mowing your yard, watching your kids, a ride to work, because that is what neighbors do for each other. Ball Homes is who you should be upset with. They set this all up before we as homeowners knew anything about it. I was told by someone that what a developer tells you means nothing, it's the fine print we have to follow. That makes no sence to me. So we were all as home buyers told that there was no HOA. They were telling half truths to us because no there was not an active HOA at that time. In all our deeds, the truth is there though. We all listened to the lies we were told. Shame on us. Home builders have HOAs set up for when they are done with the neighborhoods. They pass on the responsibilities and costs to the homeowners and this is all legal and in our deeds. Our circumstances here in Bradford Place are just a little different than most neighborhoods because not all of the homes are marked to be in the paying portion of the neighborhood. All are under the bylaws though. The bylaws that Ball Homes did not really enforce and that has hurt our neighborhood badly in so many ways. So we as homeowners have not always checked the bylaws before we have done things to and on our property. I understand homeowners being upset that now the bylaws are to be enforced. I think the bylaws were written to help protect all of our investments in our homes. The HOA has put in more hours than you all know on all of our behalf. If you have questions go to the meeting and ask them but, do not go to the meeting to attack someone. Ball Homes handed all of this off in February and no one from Ball Homes will be at this meeting. Peace to you.
Peace2U

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2011

In my last post please substitute "restrictive covenants" in the place of "bylaws." I miss stated. Sorry
Peace2U

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2011

Restrictive covenants are rules of properties. This is fence location and height, recreational vehicles and similar.

Bylaws are the rules for operation of the HOA. This controls the board.

The board wants to adopt new bylaws.
Restrictive covenants cannot be modified by anyone.
resident

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2011

Judged:

Peace2U wrote:
The HOA meeting is September 18 at 6:00pm-8:00pm. It disappoints me to hear how some of you are speaking about our HOA. We are all neighbors and are in this together. I would help any one of you, if I knew you needed help mowing your yard, watching your kids, a ride to work, because that is what neighbors do for each other. Ball Homes is who you should be upset with. They set this all up before we as homeowners knew anything about it. I was told by someone that what a developer tells you means nothing, it's the fine print we have to follow. That makes no sence to me. So we were all as home buyers told that there was no HOA. They were telling half truths to us because no there was not an active HOA at that time. In all our deeds, the truth is there though. We all listened to the lies we were told. Shame on us. Home builders have HOAs set up for when they are done with the neighborhoods. They pass on the responsibilities and costs to the homeowners and this is all legal and in our deeds. Our circumstances here in Bradford Place are just a little different than most neighborhoods because not all of the homes are marked to be in the paying portion of the neighborhood. All are under the bylaws though. The bylaws that Ball Homes did not really enforce and that has hurt our neighborhood badly in so many ways. So we as homeowners have not always checked the bylaws before we have done things to and on our property. I understand homeowners being upset that now the bylaws are to be enforced. I think the bylaws were written to help protect all of our investments in our homes. The HOA has put in more hours than you all know on all of our behalf. If you have questions go to the meeting and ask them but, do not go to the meeting to attack someone. Ball Homes handed all of this off in February and no one from Ball Homes will be at this meeting. Peace to you.
If they've done so much for the neighborhood then why do so few of us know a dang thing about it or them for that matter?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Georgetown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Georgetown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Georgetown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Georgetown