Bradford Place HOA
Confused

Englewood, CO

#290 Sep 25, 2012
If so few people want the HOA, why don't we get it disbanded? I am not paying just to abide by common rules of human decency and consideration. I don't understand the whole point of one anyway, you join together to keep house prices up, but if not everyone is applicable, then what is the point? There are only a few green spaces and the signs to maintain, and all that happens is they are mowed often enough that only small animals consider hiding there. There isn't a playground or a pool to maintain. How much does it really cost to landscape and mow a field once a month? I am in the voluntary part of Bradford, so I have more choice than some, but it just doesn't make sense to me. I have two house on my street right now that aren't being taken care of because of foreclosure or renters not caring. Does it annoy me, yes, but I am not going to die from it. I would like the owners to do something, since they are the owners and should feel a certain amount of pride in their home, but I cannot force that with a complaint letter.
muhaha

Georgetown, KY

#291 Sep 25, 2012
Confused wrote:
If so few people want the HOA, why don't we get it disbanded? I am not paying just to abide by common rules of human decency and consideration. I don't understand the whole point of one anyway, you join together to keep house prices up, but if not everyone is applicable, then what is the point? There are only a few green spaces and the signs to maintain, and all that happens is they are mowed often enough that only small animals consider hiding there. There isn't a playground or a pool to maintain. How much does it really cost to landscape and mow a field once a month? I am in the voluntary part of Bradford, so I have more choice than some, but it just doesn't make sense to me. I have two house on my street right now that aren't being taken care of because of foreclosure or renters not caring. Does it annoy me, yes, but I am not going to die from it. I would like the owners to do something, since they are the owners and should feel a certain amount of pride in their home, but I cannot force that with a complaint letter.
Last year they told us, the mandated members, that Ball Homes deeded us the green spaces after Gtown said they wouldn't take them over. Those green spaces are need for run off and other things to keep the homes around them in better living cond. But, since those lands are listed on the deeds of homes built after said date (don't remember) those home owners are liable if something happens on it.
Bradford neighbor

Georgetown, KY

#293 Sep 25, 2012
Earlier today I posted the HOA board members names, addresses and phone numbers.. Wonder why it was erased?!?!?
Makesmewonder

United States

#294 Sep 25, 2012
I think that the board should be investigated to allocate foe all the funds
LMAO

Georgetown, KY

#295 Sep 30, 2012
I just attended the yearly meeting, that was a joke. The purpose of the HOA in assuming a group liability insurance policy for the green spaces is great and I think it should be done, but until every single home in the Bradford neighborhood is a mandatory member, there is no point in volunteering. As it stands, if I volunteered, I would have to pay $140 to cover land that my property does not touch in any way. My name would be listed in a lawsuit that concerned the green spaces in the area. Any attempt to do something with the green spaces besides mow them is to increase the fees, which counters the only benefit of having everyone join the HOA in the first place. I feel bad for anyone who got roped into it, but on your deed when you bought your home it listed the HOA, you should have investigated it for all the details, which are in the public record.
justsayin

Georgetown, KY

#296 Oct 7, 2012
any information on these pieces of sht?

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/Vandals-le...

you folks should get some outdoor cameras set up.

i know vandalism isn't exactly violence against a person, but what you could do is get a PAINTBALL gun and shoot any shtty kids you see doing crap like this - then the cops can more easily find them, they'll have paint on their skin and clothes and will be trying to hide that from their parents. if their parents are worth a sht they'll turn the kids in.

stand up and take some action.
Returned dues

Georgetown, KY

#297 Oct 26, 2012
The PO returned my dues today. The address is vacant. I double checked the address on my HOA card they sent a few weeks before it was due. Valid address.
i say

United States

#298 Oct 26, 2012
Returned dues wrote:
The PO returned my dues today. The address is vacant. I double checked the address on my HOA card they sent a few weeks before it was due. Valid address.
Be happy about it.
Dude

United States

#299 Oct 26, 2012
make sure you keep records that you attempted to pay, in case the turkeys try to put a lien on your house and say you didn't..
town folk

Georgetown, KY

#300 Oct 26, 2012
Many steps have to be taken before a lein can be placed on your home. The HOA board leaders have to make you aware, then a letter will come from their lawyer in Frankfort if after that you do not get the money to them the would have to file chargez with the courts and a judge makes that choice not the hoa. Has noone read the hoa bylaws???
Check not cashed

Georgetown, KY

#301 Oct 27, 2012
I grudgingly paid the fees, but the check still has not been cashed. I guess they didn't need it too bad.
bp resident

Lexington, KY

#302 Oct 29, 2012
Same thing with me. Just got mine back in the mail after waiting all month for it to clear the bank.
David

Georgetown, KY

#303 Oct 29, 2012
Also received mine back today as a vacant box address. Of course there is nobody to follow up with.
David

Georgetown, KY

#304 Oct 29, 2012
I'm leaving the postmarked envelope closed as proof that I sent it before the deadline.
Ridiculous

Hazel Crest, IL

#305 Oct 29, 2012
If I am going to pay a ridiculous amount in HOA fees the HOA could at least return an email to answer a question and most importantly, they should enforce HOA rules that would prevent people from putting small ponds and full size bridges in their front yards, making this neighborhood look more like a trailer park than a middle class neighborhood. Heck no I am not paying HOA fees. I will pay my HOA fee when that idiot takes the bridge and fountain out of his front yard.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#306 Oct 30, 2012
Tow things for all of you who had their HOA dues returned. Please resend your dues again. I heard that the po box was suspended due to non payment and it has been updated and paid in full for the next year. Please send in the envelope that it was returned and no late fee should be assesed.

Next to you who are complaining about the home with the pond and bridge in their yard. You as an owner have the right to decorate your property. You must decorate it in an appropriate manner. My question to you who are complaining is do you put up decorations for events that take place yearly? Such as New Years, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor day, Halloween, Election Day, Thanksgiving and how about Christmas. Celebration of these days may offend some people as well! How about those that leave their decorations up all year? How about taking your decorations down with in a week after the celebrated day is over.

If you do not like what he has done then why don't we all remove the trees in our front yards and the grass as well because some of the yards in this subdivision have dead trees, shrubs and grass that is an eye sore as well.

GET A LIFE AND QUIT YOUR BITCHING!!!
just saying

Georgetown, KY

#307 Oct 30, 2012
what!! the HOA could not even have it enough together to pay their damn fees for a post office box?? that is what $30 for a year? but yeah, did the post office make threats to you about putting a lein on your house?? Im sure the postoffice sent you a notice to pay your bill.. whats wrong cant get it together?? but you go right ahead and try to run a HOA you all seem so right for the job!! and you have the nerve to say send the money back and we wont charge you a late fee?!? what?? late fee for who? your the dumbass that didnt pay your bill at the post office, not all these people who tried to pay their bill on time!! just another example of what a wonderful HOA we have!!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#308 Oct 30, 2012
just saying wrote:
what!! the HOA could not even have it enough together to pay their damn fees for a post office box?? that is what $30 for a year? but yeah, did the post office make threats to you about putting a lein on your house?? Im sure the postoffice sent you a notice to pay your bill.. whats wrong cant get it together?? but you go right ahead and try to run a HOA you all seem so right for the job!! and you have the nerve to say send the money back and we wont charge you a late fee?!? what?? late fee for who? your the dumbass that didnt pay your bill at the post office, not all these people who tried to pay their bill on time!! just another example of what a wonderful HOA we have!!
I'm surwe the post office sent them a bill to pay, but you know the postal service they had already suspended the po box for non payment and the HOA could not get their deliquient notice. LOL!!

As far as them seeming to be alright for the job at least they are trying to do something unlike you all who just want to complain about things and sit on your asses and not even try to help the neighborhood. I bet you did not volunteer to be on any committies or even bother to help the HOA!!

GET A LIFE AND QUIT YOUR BITCHING!!!
just saying

Georgetown, KY

#309 Oct 30, 2012
could you please tell me What it is that they do??
tinkerbell

Pikeville, KY

#310 Oct 30, 2012
just saying wrote:
could you please tell me What it is that they do??
The HOA has to maintain the 24+ acres of "greenspaces" within Bradford Place subdivision. We were deeded this property because Ball Homes couldn't pawn it off on the city. We have to collect HOA fees in order to pay for mowing, trimming & upkeep of these greenspaces & the sidewalks along this property. We have to pay for insurance on these areas to protect everyone in the neighborhood. We also have to have insurance on the HOA board members for legal reasons. We have to pay for an attorney in order to make sure we don't make a legal mistake. And, because we have not been able to get a majority vote of the HOA memebers we have to mail everything. We are not allowed to email any business documents. That's why everyone got a postcard this year for their dues because it was cheaper. If we mail we have to pay for the envelopes, stamps, paper & copy expenses. If everyone would join our dues would go down by half and if a majority would vote to change the by-laws we could send emails thereby cutting costs considerably. We have not begun to enforce deed restrictions because we simply have not had time. When the HOA was dumped on us we had absolutely no guidelines & zero dollars. Soem of us chipped in & paid for mailings of the first year dues notices & we also folded & stuffed all the envelopes. There were lots of gaps in homeownership & addresses because all we had was a master list from Ball. We had one guy who walked all 24+ acres on 7 different occasions trying to get the best & cheapest mowing bids. We had a couple of other guys who walked door to door to every mandatory address. We continue to work tirelessly as unpaid volunteers for a great subdivision! We are also the largest subdivision in the county! Hopefully, we can in the future, influence city officials to begin doing what they should for our neighborhood & in turn do what they should for all of the neighborhoods in this town. One example is to replace all of the missing "no parking" signs in Bradford. There are at least 50+ signs missing. Their solution to our problem is to have the HOA pay for the signage & then they (the city)would then take over the maintenace of said signs. My question to the city is why haven't they maintained the signs which are missing now? Of course their answer will be that the city doesn't have the money to replace them. Well, why not? The first signs didn't cost the city anything & now they don't want to maintain them but they want the HOA to buy another 50+ signs & then they will take over the management of the new ones? How about they replace the ones that are now missing asap & maintain them, which is what they were supposed to do in the first place. This is just a small example of what we do & try to do. I love my home & I love Bradford. I want the property values to stay up & I want people to say this is where they want to live because it is the best neighborhood to own a home in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Pro Union 4 TMMK (Oct '10) 3 hr working man 252
angie tedder 5 hr Patriot 10
Toyota or Ford? Which would you pick to work at?? 5 hr Blah 11
Dan mccarty 5 hr Loribird 1
Sam's 5 hr Stephanie 2
Kelly Services Tmmk (Nov '11) 7 hr Patiently waiting 953
Danny white 7 hr hoe 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Georgetown Mortgages