Confused

Chicago, IL

#267 Sep 17, 2012
It is on Warren pass

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#268 Sep 17, 2012
warren pass is a non manditory section. You are not forced to pay. You can volunteer to pay and you will have all of the rights as a mandatory member. You will be covered under the H.O.A. insurance for the green spaces that are required in case someone has an accident and wants to sue the subdivision. I would hate to see some or all of the residents that are not members get sued due to the fact that they do not have insurance coverage, then have to take a second mortgage to pay their part of the lawsuit damages.
ransom

Georgetown, KY

#269 Sep 17, 2012
unbeliever2 wrote:
warren pass is a non manditory section. You are not forced to pay. You can volunteer to pay and you will have all of the rights as a mandatory member. You will be covered under the H.O.A. insurance for the green spaces that are required in case someone has an accident and wants to sue the subdivision. I would hate to see some or all of the residents that are not members get sued due to the fact that they do not have insurance coverage, then have to take a second mortgage to pay their part of the lawsuit damages.
I thought only the houses deeded the land are liable in case of an accident in the green space. So, non mandated members would only be paying to have a vote/say in the HOA.
Conflicted

Georgetown, KY

#270 Sep 18, 2012
When we bought our house last year, we were told we were in a home that was NOT mandatory to join the HOA. Now, we get a letter threatening we have to pay the HOA fee or they will put a lien on our home. How do I clarify this?
ransom

Georgetown, KY

#271 Sep 18, 2012
Conflicted wrote:
When we bought our house last year, we were told we were in a home that was NOT mandatory to join the HOA. Now, we get a letter threatening we have to pay the HOA fee or they will put a lien on our home. How do I clarify this?
on the website the convents are listed at the bottom, check your deed against those and that should help.
Not sure

Georgetown, KY

#272 Sep 19, 2012
Conflicted wrote:
Most of us that bought homes in Bradford were told it was not mandatory, but we owe it anyway.

It's one of the most screwed up messes I have ever seen.
Confused

Georgetown, KY

#273 Sep 19, 2012
What it sounds like to me is that they just sent notice to everyone hoping they would just pay the fees. Nevermind that the notice was badly prepared and no one has responded to my emails.
Dude

Lexington, KY

#274 Sep 19, 2012
Confused wrote:
What it sounds like to me is that they just sent notice to everyone hoping they would just pay the fees. Nevermind that the notice was badly prepared and no one has responded to my emails.
Have your own attorney send them a letter that you'll sue the HOA for not taking care of the green space and other items they've signed that they're supposed to take care of and for not giving full disclosure of what they're doing with the funds. That'll shut them up.
Interesting

United States

#277 Sep 20, 2012
Why does topic keep removing my post about the HOA lawyer
angry

Georgetown, KY

#278 Sep 20, 2012
Interesting wrote:
Why does topic keep removing my post about the HOA lawyer
what about the lawyer?
angry

Georgetown, KY

#279 Sep 20, 2012
I have lived here for 6 years and last year was the first time I had even heard of the HOA and ALL i heard was pay them!! nothing about voting people in or where the money goes, nothing just pay the fee's. All my friends at work said that this was crazy the way they went about all this was crazy. But alot of other neighborhoods fees are not this high and it is not mandatory, and they offer a news letter every 2 or 3 months to let neighbors know whats going on and how thier money is going to be spent and then it is voted on. Over here they are rude has hell, pay or else! they have a never updated webpage and man dont look for anybody's name sure won't find that. Just makes everything seem a little shady to me. Not very neighbor like!!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#281 Sep 21, 2012
angry wrote:
I have lived here for 6 years and last year was the first time I had even heard of the HOA and ALL i heard was pay them!! nothing about voting people in or where the money goes, nothing just pay the fee's. All my friends at work said that this was crazy the way they went about all this was crazy. But alot of other neighborhoods fees are not this high and it is not mandatory, and they offer a news letter every 2 or 3 months to let neighbors know whats going on and how thier money is going to be spent and then it is voted on. Over here they are rude has hell, pay or else! they have a never updated webpage and man dont look for anybody's name sure won't find that. Just makes everything seem a little shady to me. Not very neighbor like!!
September 30, 2012 is the annual meeting as it stated on the post card that everyone received that they did not like. It was communication to all of the homeowners in the subdivision to let them know about the meeting. During that meeting they will be requesting volunteers to be on the Board for the next two years starting in January 1, 2013. If you think you can do a better job than what was dumped in their laps on Feb. 2011 then you need to volunteer to be considered to be on the board. If you do not want to pay your dues that is your choice as we live in a country where you have the FREEDOM of CHOICE. There are alot of things the current Board of Directors has already done, which most of you do not even know needs to be done. Rules and requirements for a H.O.A. are controlled by the State. I think over the last year since the last annual meeting there have been a total of about 20 people that have attended the meetings and some of them were repeated visitors. Nobody in this neighborhood wants to be part of the H.O.A. that is why no one comes to the meetings. Everyone talks about sueing the H.O.A., so lets sue them for not enforcing the Deed restrictions and Covenants. Here are three topics that they should be sued for: Recreational vehicles parked in driveways, trailers in driveways, fences extending past the side and front setbacks of the property, junk cars on the property and storage building that are not constructed on permanant foundations and of the same construction as the home with the same roof pitch. Lets all get on the samr boat and force the H.O.A. to enforce these restrictions and clean up this neighborhood so when we sell our homes we can get more money for them insted of taking a loss. This neighborhood is a mess and only because nobody enforced anything and I mean Ball Homes.
Problem

Georgetown, KY

#282 Sep 21, 2012
unbeliever2 wrote:
<quoted text>
September 30, 2012 is the annual meeting as it stated on the post card that everyone received that they did not like. It was communication to all of the homeowners in the subdivision to let them know about the meeting. During that meeting they will be requesting volunteers to be on the Board for the next two years starting in January 1, 2013. If you think you can do a better job than what was dumped in their laps on Feb. 2011 then you need to volunteer to be considered to be on the board. If you do not want to pay your dues that is your choice as we live in a country where you have the FREEDOM of CHOICE. There are alot of things the current Board of Directors has already done, which most of you do not even know needs to be done. Rules and requirements for a H.O.A. are controlled by the State. I think over the last year since the last annual meeting there have been a total of about 20 people that have attended the meetings and some of them were repeated visitors. Nobody in this neighborhood wants to be part of the H.O.A. that is why no one comes to the meetings. Everyone talks about sueing the H.O.A., so lets sue them for not enforcing the Deed restrictions and Covenants. Here are three topics that they should be sued for: Recreational vehicles parked in driveways, trailers in driveways, fences extending past the side and front setbacks of the property, junk cars on the property and storage building that are not constructed on permanant foundations and of the same construction as the home with the same roof pitch. Lets all get on the samr boat and force the H.O.A. to enforce these restrictions and clean up this neighborhood so when we sell our homes we can get more money for them insted of taking a loss. This neighborhood is a mess and only because nobody enforced anything and I mean Ball Homes.
This is where the issue lies, I put something in my yard in 2003, and in 2012 I am now told it's not right? If this would have been up front, most of the issues you mentioned would have never existed since we knew what can and can't be done to our own property. Dumping a bunch of restrictions on the residents 5, 10 and 15 years after the fact is way too late and leads to the ill will as seen here.
InquireWithin

Georgetown, KY

#283 Sep 21, 2012
So if u can't get a answer from board members via email and are unable to attend meetings due to schedule conflicts what is the next course of action? Hmmm, who else could one contact reference questions regarding the HOA? Who would be another representative for the board? Perhaps a person whom is paid or volunteers their time? Maybe a web search of anyone else affiliated with the HOA board could benefit frustrated residences who have questions!!! It's pretty sad that you can get more answers and responses from a public forum site instead of emails or phone calls. More than one way to skin a cat.
angry

Lexington, KY

#284 Sep 22, 2012
just asking, but what did we do before this great HOA? just wondering??
InquireWithin

United States

#285 Sep 22, 2012
angry wrote:
just asking, but what did we do before this great HOA? just wondering??
Keep more of our money. Not wonder how the board can collect 55,000 a year and keep demanding more. Live in perfect harmony and roast marshmallows over an open campfire
Workingman

Georgetown, KY

#286 Sep 23, 2012
So what was the meeting about today any good news?
Bradford neighbor

Georgetown, KY

#287 Sep 24, 2012
I thought the meeting was this coming Sunday??
Dunno

Georgetown, KY

#288 Sep 24, 2012
Call the HOA lawyer. Mr. Howard in Frankfort. He should know.
angry

Georgetown, KY

#289 Sep 25, 2012
Bradford neighbor wrote:
I thought the meeting was this coming Sunday??
the meeting is this Sunday the 30th at 2pm, they sent out a post card with that and your dues that you need to pay, which did go up from last year, these are things that should be posted on their web-page but is not, go figure something not being right?!?! I dont know anything about this lawyer or where the hell you even see his name at anywhere, that damn webpage has no names or any kind useful information.. but does say hey if you dont pay they will put a lien on your house, no have no problem saying that, just have a problem let us know where the money goes what its used for thats where they have a problem letting you know anything

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I Still Love You 59 min stillhere 5
Identity theft (May '14) 2 hr toodamnfunny 8
scott caldwell murder suicide on valentines day 3 hr familymember 109
Power train at Toyota 4 hr wonderky 4
B & B Broughton 8 hr bana 1
Recipes and coupons (Nov '13) 9 hr Sara 19
katie donovan 20 hr cash cow 1
More from around the web

Georgetown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE