Next Last
confused

Georgetown, KY

#1 Jul 1, 2011
What is going on in Bradford Place?
lee

Georgetown, KY

#2 Jul 1, 2011
hoa dues to start soon.$125 a year i think.
confused wrote:
oh no

Nerinx, KY

#3 Jul 1, 2011
confused wrote:
Lots of stuff. What are you referring to and maybe someone will know?
Silly

Bolivar, MO

#4 Jul 1, 2011
lee wrote:
hoa dues to start soon.$125 a year i think. <quoted text>

HOA dues? LOL!!!! Like they are ever going to get everyone to pay that. There is very little to maintain over there that will not be maintained by the city. There isn't even an "entrance" from the main entrance on West Showalter. HOA dues in neighborhoods with real HOA's start long before the builder moves out. Not 15 years after they start. It will never hold up. Good luck with that.
lmao

Prestonsburg, KY

#5 Jul 2, 2011
I totally agree!! I have been a Bradford place resident for 10 yrs now and this HOA crap is ridiculous!!
Rosey

Georgetown, KY

#6 Jul 2, 2011
HOA should be regulated by the local government like it is in Arizona, California and Florida.

HOA's have to much power and the people who sit on the board clearly take full advantage of that power.

To allow one home to do something yet not another is discrimination.

It all depends on who is sitting on the board and who is liked by who in the neighborhood. They pick who they want and who they do not want to enforce the HOA rules upon.

A majority of the time the people on the HOA boards are nothing more than nosy neighbors on a power trip.

HOA should be banned. It's your property not theirs.

I highly suggest anyone buying a home not to buy into a HOA subdivision.

One year the board is nice and the next not so nice.

The people in our HOA just keep changing positions and serving in another chair to keep themselves all on the board. It's clearly wrong.

If you live in an HOA I suggest you find out how many people in your neighborhood like the idea of the HOA and if you can get more than 51% against the HOA, have the board thrown out.
Andit

Georgetown, KY

#7 Jul 2, 2011
Rosey wrote:
HOA should be regulated by the local government like it is in Arizona, California and Florida.
HOA's have to much power and the people who sit on the board clearly take full advantage of that power.
To allow one home to do something yet not another is discrimination.
It all depends on who is sitting on the board and who is liked by who in the neighborhood. They pick who they want and who they do not want to enforce the HOA rules upon.
A majority of the time the people on the HOA boards are nothing more than nosy neighbors on a power trip.
HOA should be banned. It's your property not theirs.
I highly suggest anyone buying a home not to buy into a HOA subdivision.
One year the board is nice and the next not so nice.
The people in our HOA just keep changing positions and serving in another chair to keep themselves all on the board. It's clearly wrong.
If you live in an HOA I suggest you find out how many people in your neighborhood like the idea of the HOA and if you can get more than 51% against the HOA, have the board thrown out.
There would be no need for an HOA is turds kept up their property. I live next to some of those turds who let their grass grow too long, don't power wash the crud off their siding, park vehicles in the grass, throw trash in the front yard, etc. That drives the property value down and makes it harder to sell.
Old school

United States

#8 Jul 2, 2011
I agree $125 a year to help regulate terds and help maintain the property is reasonable. To keep out deadbeat rentals and section 8 I say bring it on. Most complainers are the pieces of crap
leeigh

Georgetown, KY

#9 Jul 2, 2011
Bradford Place is turning into a RV Park. People that own RV's shouldnt be allowed to park them in their driveways year round. It's a huge eye sore. I know people that have had a hard time selling their house due to a huge RV sitting in the driveway next door year round. Also people parking boats and utility trailers in their driveways and front and back yards. If the HOA would take care of these issues i would gladly pay $125 a year. It would be worth it.
Old school wrote:
I agree $125 a year to help regulate terds and help maintain the property is reasonable. To keep out deadbeat rentals and section 8 I say bring it on. Most complainers are the pieces of crap
lee

Georgetown, KY

#10 Jul 2, 2011
If you don't pay the HOA dues you can have a lein put on your house and when you sell your house the HOA will get the HOA dues plus interest at that time. It happens all the time. Ask anybody that lives in Canewood. Its happened several times over there. You might want to consult with a attorney. A attorney can tell you if you are required to pay HOA dues by showing him or her your deed and consulting with Ball Homes attorneys. I bet their is a loophole in your deed somewhere.
Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
HOA dues? LOL!!!! Like they are ever going to get everyone to pay that. There is very little to maintain over there that will not be maintained by the city. There isn't even an "entrance" from the main entrance on West Showalter. HOA dues in neighborhoods with real HOA's start long before the builder moves out. Not 15 years after they start. It will never hold up. Good luck with that.
user face

Tomball, TX

#11 Jul 2, 2011
You cannot sell your home with a Lein on it. This HOA is good for all the homeowners. If you don't like RVs and cars parked in the yards don't bitch just pay!
asd

Georgetown, KY

#12 Jul 3, 2011
There are way to many RV's in Bradford Place! Especially on Hemmingway! Hopefully The HOA will clean up Bradford Place. Its a good place to live. It takes only a few bad neighbors to run it down.
user face wrote:
You cannot sell your home with a Lein on it. This HOA is good for all the homeowners. If you don't like RVs and cars parked in the yards don't bitch just pay!
Bussy

Prestonsburg, KY

#13 Jul 4, 2011
Cookie Cutter Bradford Place is now called Mt. Vernon West Subdivision! HAHAHAHA!!!!
lta

Georgetown, KY

#14 Jul 4, 2011
For the most part Bradford Place is a nice place to live. I used to live in the back and it was quiet with good neighbors. in a subdivision as big as bradford place there are always going to be a few renters that dont mow their grass and junk up their yard,etc...
Bussy wrote:
Cookie Cutter Bradford Place is now called Mt. Vernon West Subdivision! HAHAHAHA!!!!
Silly

Bolivar, MO

#15 Jul 4, 2011
I'm not saying an HOA is a bad thing. I'm just saying that unless you sign a contract with your home purchase that agrees to certain restrictions, you can't come in 15 years later and place new restrictions. Such as fencing, permanent buildings, choice/placement of pools, improvements to the property that may not be favorable with an HOA. That is the loop hole. I don't like the RV's either, but there is nothing about not parking them in the backyard on a nicely poured secondary drive in the building/purchasing contract. And as far as over grown grass and junk in the yard, that is a city ordinance that the city takes care of. Call them and they will take care of it with the property owner. The real problem with over grown grass is foreclosures, not renters. I just think it is ridiculous to pay an HOA that will inevitably have no power other than bullying that will never hold up under atty advice let alone civil court.

Since: Oct 08

Georgetown, KY

#16 Jul 4, 2011
Please, no community in Georgetown is nice enough to warrant a HOA. Especially 15 years after the damn place was built. Lol
Bradford Place is okay but certainly not great enough to pay an HOA fee. It's just a normal subdivision. If people actually took care of their property, realized that their actions can affect property value of everyone around them and had common sense, there would be no need.
If I lived next to a moron not taking care of his property and causing my home's value to drop, I'd definitely be paying them a visit.
AndYou

Georgetown, KY

#17 Jul 4, 2011
Josh Elder wrote:
Please, no community in Georgetown is nice enough to warrant a HOA. Especially 15 years after the damn place was built. Lol
Bradford Place is okay but certainly not great enough to pay an HOA fee. It's just a normal subdivision. If people actually took care of their property, realized that their actions can affect property value of everyone around them and had common sense, there would be no need.
If I lived next to a moron not taking care of his property and causing my home's value to drop, I'd definitely be paying them a visit.
Would get your ass kicked upon completing that visit. That is exactly why you need HOA's you dumbass. They do have power becuase it is contracted via the deed. If you do not pay, they can place a lien against the home. Having an HOA does not have anything to do with being nice or age of the subdivision. It has everything to do with protecting the rights of the home owners in the neighborhood. The problem now, however, is more complicated because of the Section 8 trash that is starting to spill into neighborhoods. Don't tell me it isn't happening, I have two on my street and they are proud as they can be to be getting in a home that 20 years ago a bank would have told them hell no to. They are also proud as can be that they are feltching money out of government programs all the while jacking their cars on blocks, letting their grass grow, parking vehicles inthe yard, not cleaning their siding, and basically telling the HOA to where it can go. You can take the trash out of the trashy neigborhood by giving them government backed loans, but by no means does that take the trash out of the person. I worked to damned hard for what I got to sit back and watch people like that destroy my property value.

Since: Oct 08

Georgetown, KY

#18 Jul 5, 2011
AndYou wrote:
<quoted text>Would get your ass kicked upon completing that visit. That is exactly why you need HOA's you dumbass. They do have power becuase it is contracted via the deed. If you do not pay, they can place a lien against the home. Having an HOA does not have anything to do with being nice or age of the subdivision. It has everything to do with protecting the rights of the home owners in the neighborhood. The problem now, however, is more complicated because of the Section 8 trash that is starting to spill into neighborhoods. Don't tell me it isn't happening, I have two on my street and they are proud as they can be to be getting in a home that 20 years ago a bank would have told them hell no to. They are also proud as can be that they are feltching money out of government programs all the while jacking their cars on blocks, letting their grass grow, parking vehicles inthe yard, not cleaning their siding, and basically telling the HOA to where it can go. You can take the trash out of the trashy neigborhood by giving them government backed loans, but by no means does that take the trash out of the person. I worked to damned hard for what I got to sit back and watch people like that destroy my property value.
I love how a straight guys response to everything is to punch it or beat someone up. Lol
People like you need a good look in the mirror when you're calling others trash ;)
Big Mike

Nashville, TN

#19 Jul 5, 2011
I pay a Homeowner's fee as well and it's well worth every penny. Our HOA has intervened on a couple situations in the past year and it keeps our neighborhood free from any cars on blocks, RV's, tacky swimming pools, cars in yards, and anything else a redneck or gangsta will do.
Big Mike

Nashville, TN

#20 Jul 5, 2011
JOSH: I forgot to add that from what I've read on this thread, you're the one saying you're going to be "paying a visit" to the neighbor. So don't you think you'd be kinda asking for your a$$ whipping if you marched upon someone's porch running your mouth? Just sayin!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kimberley Bowlin 4 hr Whatever 5
Man at park 5 hr Looking 1
Josh Dalton 7 hr Cruising 2
Melina stephens 11 hr KIMBERLEY 2
Anyone know her? 13 hr curious105 7
MS Companies Sucks (Nov '15) 17 hr Death 5
Haiku 22 hr gtown worket 1

Georgetown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance