Next Last
Sideburns

Georgetown, KY

#1 Jul 14, 2010
I am new in town help me out.
Tom

Georgetown, KY

#2 Jul 14, 2010
David is running for his 10th term and during this time he has done nothing. He has provided no leadership on any given issue, as he runs as scared as he can. He is, however, cold and calculating, not to be underestimated.
gobackhome

Fairborn, OH

#3 Jul 14, 2010
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/lexington-ky/...

wow just what KY needs another homo..
Absolutely not

Georgetown, KY

#4 Jul 14, 2010
David Lusby uses his position on council to further his many business interests and to help the interests of his business partners and employer. For example, he voted for the TIF which will provide $120,000,000 in funding to build infrastructure on his employer's, Elmer Whittaker's land (owner of Whittaker Bank where Lusby's day job is). Lusby's a real snake in the grass but puts forth a golden boy image.

You would do well to avoid voting for any of the four running for reelection (Lusby, McEuen, Prather , and Tackett.) They're all in the real estate market and vote for their self interest.
Who cares

Winchester, KY

#5 Jul 15, 2010
I'm always amazed at how many votes he gets. Why is he so well loved?
time for new council

Winchester, KY

#6 Jul 18, 2010
NO
really

Richmond, KY

#7 Jul 23, 2010
He has put our town in debt and he's been in there for a long time. We need a new one. His kids are pure snobs. Vote David Lusby: NO
bigdudeky

Pineville, KY

#8 Jul 25, 2010
DO NOT VOTE FOR HIM!!!!!!
Small town

United States

#9 Jul 30, 2010
Small person who brought his children into it. Not to mention you must not know them! By the way, He has done more to better Georgetown then anyone I know!
scottco123

Richmond, KY

#10 Jul 31, 2010
Small town: u should know his awful children he dont care what they do or how they treat other people. And how has he done better for Georgetown? putting us in debt is better???? NOT!!!
Right on

Winchester, KY

#12 Jul 31, 2010
What do his kids have to do with his campaign? Their personalities are not exclusively his responsibility.(know mom?).

That said, I am still baffled with his popularity. Name some things that he has done for Gtown. Persuade me.

Otherwise, I will remain convinced that he is getting in on old Gtown name recognition and $ families supporting their own (once again). He's probably OK, but I just don't get it. I've never seen him doing anything that won't eventually benefit himself.
schs

Anderson, SC

#13 Jul 31, 2010
Right on: so u wouldnt vote for him?
Right on

Winchester, KY

#14 Jul 31, 2010
not really sure. just want to understand his following.
Concerned Voter

Winchester, KY

#15 Aug 1, 2010
Until recently, Lusby usually will not ask questions nor disagree with the current Mayor. I still hold him and other sitting members of council responsible for the current city budget that they only deliberated for less than two hours. I feel there is a lot of self serving agenda for him when it comes to certain topics. IE: the TIF Project, one who is going to benefit from making money on this will be the Whitaker Bank, of which Lusby is a big wig employee of. He's not the only one on council who benefits from back door agendas.
no way

United States

#16 Aug 1, 2010
He's a crook. I will never vote for him. He takes on many faces in town with whoever is mayor at the time. Here's his crew. Elmer Whitaker(employer, and local land owner), John Cooper(local lobbyist for Toyota and CJ May, and invester in Equestrian Crossings), CJ May(Deveoper of Equestrian Crossings TIF), Dennis Anderson, and Karen Sames. This council needs 8 new players.
avc

Harrodsburg, KY

#17 Aug 2, 2010
yes
Right on

United States

#18 Aug 2, 2010
Without any supporting statements, your "yes" is rather meaningless.
MOM2

Williamsburg, KY

#19 Aug 2, 2010
First off the comments from "really" and "scottco123" you must be kids yourself to have to lower yourself to mention innocent children that have nothing to do with the politics of G-town. Get a life and Get a clue about whats best for Georgetown.
NOT

Richmond, KY

#20 Aug 2, 2010
Absolutely not. He has made more money from being on the city council than he would have ever made if he weren't. It's handy to know who is coming to. I just so happen to own a prefect piece of property for your operation Mr. Lusby says.
hot

Lexington, KY

#21 Aug 4, 2010
No! He and the others that have been on there for a long time are keeping the city broke. Same as mayor Varney did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"spanky" a.k.a. chris johnson 2 hr Cara 8
Cheaters (Sep '09) 2 hr Wonder 33
Kelsey Duncan (Jan '10) 4 hr JohnnyP 33
Ryan Quarles "farm boy" (Aug '15) 4 hr career politician 12
Best place in Georgetown to buy lottery 11 hr smc 1
Tmmk Kelly Services 11 hr Jon 4
Josh Williamson (Feb '10) 12 hr Rtc0327 16

Georgetown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance