s.c.h.s athletic director

Posted in the Georgetown Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
concerned

Georgetown, KY

#1 Aug 20, 2012
Can anyone tell me what the job descriptions are for the atletic director ? Who oversees the athletic director ? Who ensures that the athletes are being treated with moral fairness ?
You nut

Danville, KY

#2 Aug 20, 2012
concerned wrote:
Can anyone tell me what the job descriptions are for the atletic director ? Who oversees the athletic director ? Who ensures that the athletes are being treated with moral fairness ?
No one over sees him, thas the problem.

SCHS Sports are a joke! LMAO!
You nut

Danville, KY

#3 Aug 20, 2012
They need to get a grip on the kids that drive to and from school They act like fools in the high school parking lot. I seen one back into another the other day
fed up

Georgetown, KY

#4 Aug 20, 2012
I can tell you that if you complain about your son/daughter being treated cruel or unfair. You will be told that the problem is with your child. Take it or quit and work on their skills and attitude and try next year.
fed up

Georgetown, KY

#5 Aug 20, 2012
You nut wrote:
<quoted text>
No one over sees him, thas the problem.
SCHS Sports are a joke! LMAO!
Oh I see him at all the events. That's not the problem. He will not take action when its needed to protect children from being treated unfairly by the coaches.
Been There

United States

#6 Aug 20, 2012
Which one are you talking about? McKee or Denniston. Not much difference. We finally got KHSAA involved to get anything. I think they both report to Putty. But she would not do anything. Howatt was unaware he was responsible for the athletic dept until KHSAA started calling him. I even showed him the by laws by KHSAA that principal is responsible. He is useless. I have emails that he ask McKee and Denniston if he needed to ignore me and see if I would go away. There is also ethic board if you think your child is not being handle appropriate. Coaches is held to code of conduct while coaching. It is a long process.
jpc

Georgetown, KY

#7 Aug 20, 2012
I thought Joe pat covington was the athletic director. We had a lot of issues last year with the cheer coaches , Angie and vanessa Howard . They were down right mean and made fun of the girls. Just very caddy . I went to JPC several times and was told by other mothers that Mrs. Howard .laughed it off to the other girls and parents. I along with several other parents pulled our girls off the team last year after numerous calls and emails and the problem only got worse . It was a nightmare experience. If they won't address the cheer coaches . You know they won't address the male coaches of the " real s.c. sports "
concerned

Georgetown, KY

#8 Aug 20, 2012
Been There wrote:
Which one are you talking about? McKee or Denniston. Not much difference. We finally got KHSAA involved to get anything. I think they both report to Putty. But she would not do anything. Howatt was unaware he was responsible for the athletic dept until KHSAA started calling him. I even showed him the by laws by KHSAA that principal is responsible. He is useless. I have emails that he ask McKee and Denniston if he needed to ignore me and see if I would go away. There is also ethic board if you think your child is not being handle appropriate. Coaches is held to code of conduct while coaching. It is a long process.
So we should contact KHSAA ? Our child has definitely been handled inappropriate.
Been There

United States

#9 Aug 20, 2012
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>So we should contact KHSAA ? Our child has definitely been handled inappropriate.
if you feel a coach has been inappropriate you can always contact KHSAA. But you will have to be willing to sign your complaint. If you read KHSAA by laws and find something that breaks by laws is always good.
Been There

United States

#10 Aug 20, 2012
jpc wrote:
I thought Joe pat covington was the athletic director. We had a lot of issues last year with the cheer coaches , Angie and vanessa Howard . They were down right mean and made fun of the girls. Just very caddy . I went to JPC several times and was told by other mothers that Mrs. Howard .laughed it off to the other girls and parents. I along with several other parents pulled our girls off the team last year after numerous calls and emails and the problem only got worse . It was a nightmare experience. If they won't address the cheer coaches . You know they won't address the male coaches of the " real s.c. sports "
I think they did name joe pat as athletic director. I never saw he did much. If you bring up issue you better to be prepared for the back lash. McKee was the worse. Walking around my daughter in lunch room table.
waste

Georgetown, KY

#11 Aug 20, 2012
Not even worth it. It will come back on your family and your child. They will make Like your child is the problem. They will say " your child just isn't as good as you think, your just upset about playing time , blah blah " its awful when playing time and talent have nothing to do with it..
Still There and Fuming

Georgetown, KY

#12 Aug 20, 2012
Unfortunately, we as parents do what we do to provide opportunities to our children. I expect a GREAT role model, fairness, and opportunity in a coach. At SCHS, sport teams/cheer teams/you name it, are a JOKE.
Most recently, there was a big to-do with the SCHS baseball team in Florida. Certainly, one would think that with McKee, Willard, and others in attendance (besides parents), they would've fired Willard's butt, but no.
Parents spoke to Putty, sent letters, and although Howatt was involved in questionning of students, still nothing was done about Willard, McKee or Covington. They carefully watch each others backs with a middle school mentality to boot.
If a parent comes in to speak with any coach, you can BET your child won't play and they'll bully your child as well. What kid is willing to pit his/herself against a coach?
Have fun complaining because if sexual harassment and bullying don't stop the coaches, doubt nothing will change.
As for cheering, the rumors have already started again.
This school district is a mess.
Been There

United States

#13 Aug 20, 2012
Still There and Fuming wrote:
Unfortunately, we as parents do what we do to provide opportunities to our children. I expect a GREAT role model, fairness, and opportunity in a coach. At SCHS, sport teams/cheer teams/you name it, are a JOKE.
Most recently, there was a big to-do with the SCHS baseball team in Florida. Certainly, one would think that with McKee, Willard, and others in attendance (besides parents), they would've fired Willard's butt, but no.
Parents spoke to Putty, sent letters, and although Howatt was involved in questionning of students, still nothing was done about Willard, McKee or Covington. They carefully watch each others backs with a middle school mentality to boot.
If a parent comes in to speak with any coach, you can BET your child won't play and they'll bully your child as well. What kid is willing to pit his/herself against a coach?
Have fun complaining because if sexual harassment and bullying don't stop the coaches, doubt nothing will change.
As for cheering, the rumors have already started again.
This school district is a mess.
howatt interviewing students is a joke. It is an interview for paper only. Just to show that they interview students not to find answers. The students will say what the coaches instruct them. KHSAA already has been suspended Willard once before for violations. Our issue was 4 or 5 years ago but it still make my blood boil over what my daughter went thru.
howard

Georgetown, KY

#14 Aug 20, 2012
You are.right " been there " if you try and reason with them or say anything at all . Your child wont play , and most definitely won't make the team the next year , no matter how good they are. They basically have to kiss butt and take it. With the exception of the coaches favorite , then they get away with murder. I just hope karma comes back around and bites them in the ass.
Marvin

Richmond, KY

#15 Aug 20, 2012
Scott County played for a state championship in Basketball and Football this year! Scott County's Softball Team was just a couple of games away from playing for the championship this year. Scott Countys Baseball Team beat the best pitcher in the state to make it to the regional tourney! Scott County won the very first Bowling State Championship this year! We have a new Wrestling team that did well and a Girls and boys Lacrosse team that are just taking off. We have a great golf Team girls and boys.I think we need to support a winning athletics program even if your kid wasn't good enough to make the team in the biggest High School in the State. Bunch of Babies!!
noway

Georgetown, KY

#16 Aug 20, 2012
Marvin wrote:
Scott County played for a state championship in Basketball and Football this year! Scott County's Softball Team was just a couple of games away from playing for the championship this year. Scott Countys Baseball Team beat the best pitcher in the state to make it to the regional tourney! Scott County won the very first Bowling State Championship this year! We have a new Wrestling team that did well and a Girls and boys Lacrosse team that are just taking off. We have a great golf Team girls and boys.I think we need to support a winning

athletics program even if your kid wasn't good enough to make the team in the biggest High School in the State. Bunch of Babies!!
No way Marvin , no one has said that Scott county wasn't good in their athletics. Their talking about coaches that insult,degrade,pick on, make fun of and bully kids ! There is supposed to be all this hype for our communities to stand up against bullies . What about when the coach is the bully ? Our children are expected to take it and not talk or give up on their dreams to participate . That's just wrong. I have heard rumors that the cheer coaches are the biggest ones. Bigger bully than mckee. At least he does care about his players. He's tough , yes. Loud and obnoxious, yes but he is respected and effective. That's a lot more than I can say for those Howard wannabe cheerleaders .
noway

Georgetown, KY

#17 Aug 20, 2012
Marvin wrote:
Scott County played for a state championship in Basketball and Football this year! Scott County's Softball Team was just a couple of games away from playing for the championship this year. Scott Countys Baseball Team beat the best pitcher in the state to make it to the regional tourney! Scott County won the very first Bowling State Championship this year! We have a new Wrestling team that did well and a Girls and boys Lacrosse team that are just taking off. We have a great golf Team girls and boys.I think we need to support a winning athletics program even if your kid wasn't good enough to make the team in the biggest High School in the State. Bunch of Babies!!
Your wrong Marvin. No one us disputing our ability to win.
Been There

United States

#18 Aug 21, 2012
noway wrote:
<quoted text>Your wrong Marvin. No one us disputing our ability to win.
mcKee is the biggest bully the school has. He bully's any kid in school. They don't have to play football.
disagree

Lexington, KY

#19 Aug 21, 2012
Been There wrote:
<quoted text>
mcKee is the biggest bully the school has. He bully's any kid in school. They don't have to play football.
Willard, Ritchie and of course Saunders outbully McKee. That's why so many Juniors don't play their senior year. They beat them down until they just aren't enjoying the game they once loved to play. Weather they were good enough to play in college or not, they still should have been having fun playing the sport they love. How many SCHS baseball players have played MLB? NONE! They have talented kids but no one to coach them to success and no one who cares what happens to them.
As for the AD, that would be Covington and he's useless. Do you know how many parents went to him this year about the baseball team and all the things that went on in FL and right here at home and NOTHING was done. This whole school system sucks! When coaches are allowed to bully kids and drink while they are responsible for our kids and misuse money the parents have worked that A$$ of for and nothing is done about it, there is something wrong. They need to clean house from PUtty down!
absolutely

Georgetown, KY

#20 Aug 21, 2012
disagree wrote:
<quoted text>
Willard, Ritchie and of course Saunders outbully McKee. That's why so many Juniors don't play their senior year. They beat them down until they just aren't enjoying the game they once loved to play. Weather they were good enough to play in college or not, they still should have been having fun playing the sport they love. How many SCHS baseball players have played MLB? NONE! They have talented kids but no one to coach them to success and no one who cares what happens to them.
As for the AD, that would be Covington and he's useless. Do you know how many parents went to him this year about the baseball team and all the things that went on in FL and right here at home and NOTHING was done. This whole school system sucks! When coaches are allowed to bully kids and drink while they are responsible for our kids and misuse money the parents have worked that A$$ of for and nothing is done about it, there is something wrong. They need to clean house from PUtty down!
I agree 100%. It is exactly the same with the cheerleading team. Angie Howard acts like a caddy mean teenager. She was just mean to the girls. How could anyone not have noticed how miserable the girls looked on the sidelines. I went to Covington several times and he did nothing. Angie Howard laughed about it and told all the girls she could do whatever she wanted and he would stand behind her. My daughter loves cheerleading but it got so bad that she quit and we let her. Quitting is something she has never done nor would we have allowed. She cheered all through middle school , all three years . This was a devastating decision she had to make. It is just sad that kids who love to play these sports get forced into these spots. And for Marvin calling them babies ????? How dare you ! This kind of attitude is exactly why nothing is done and some kids suffer in silence. I could see if they weren't skilled at the h.s level or had disciplinary issues . But come on ! We do need to clean house and start over. If they keep Angie Howard around to much longer , the cheer team will be as much to talk about as the football and baseball.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gino summers 18 min Sucks2bhim 11
Leggett platt 4 hr peach333 7
Asian Buffet 4 hr kung fu 1
Rejection 5 hr mee 8
Toyota beginning pay 5 hr Ester 20
hot guy in red road truck 5 hr Truth 35
girl at shell 7 hr switching 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Georgetown Mortgages