Medgis' Family Restaurant (The Old Wh...

Medgis' Family Restaurant (The Old Whooligans)

Posted in the Georgetown Forum

TruthWillBeKnown

Danville, IL

#1 Apr 20, 2012
I would like to expose some of the wrong-doings going on at this restaurant. The owner (Megdi Aliu AKA "Mickey") is very verbally abusive and loves to degrade his employees. In the short time they have been open, myself and several other girls have quit working there due to his verbal abuse and complete lack of respect. He is also very deceptive and comes off as saint to most customers, however he has been caught degrading a few of his employees right in front of them. Dont even get me started on the condition of the kitchen, no one at that restaurant has even heard of a Food Safety and Sanitation License.
I know a lot of people in Tilton really enjoy this reatuarant because it is the only one nearby, and its a shame that it cant be run by good people. I do want to add that his wife is a WONDERFUL person and does not agree with his actions, but never did anything to stop it either. Perhaps because these types of actions are more acceptable in their culture. Regardless, I do not find this acceptable at all. Even some of their regulars have stopped supporting them because they have witnessed the abuse first hand.
He is also extremely racist and hates when black people come to the restaurant. He has said countless times, even in front of customers, that he is scared of them running off his "good paying customers" and has even made me refuse service to a very nice black man. When I told him I wasnt going to kick out my customer because of his skin color he said "Fine, What does he want". When I told him, he quickly replied "Sorry, outta that" which we werent, and proceeded to go out and tell the gentleman himself that we didnt have what he wanted and he should simply go elsewhere. It was obvious that this guy knew what was going on and he quietly got up and started to walk towards the door. On the way out he stopped me and said "I just want you to know that I heard what your boss said,(he sat in a booth right by the kitchen and had overheard) and I wanna thank you for sticking up for me. Im sorry that some people think this way." My heart dropped. I felt so bad that this guy was obviously being the better person but yet he couldnt even be treated like a human being.
Mickey also pays all of his employees under the table to avoid taxes and hires illegals to work the kitchen (who doesnt these days) for only $5/hr cash. We were all constantly shorted a few hours and had to continuously keep track of the hours we worked and correct them on payday.
He also does really shady things to try to undercut his competition (mainly Richs, Five Star, and Two Brothers). He would call and place huge to-go orders that he would never pick up, make false complaints about the restaurants and/or quality of their food, as well as continuously bad mouth them to his own customers.
If you find these acts to be deplorable, please do not support this restaurant. I know it would be a shame to lose a business, but they are not worthy of it. Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White Girls who date Black Guys (Jan '10) Oct '17 Nick gdk 282
Black on White Crime (Jan '12) Dec '16 Fuckyoupayme76 35
Election Who do you support for Sheriff in Illinois (Ver... (Oct '10) Oct '16 Cruppenink aka Mu... 187
News Trooper to be tried on weapons charges over Ste... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Cruppenink hater 1
Flags?!??!???? (Jun '11) Jan '15 Burn the flag 11
News G-RF hires firm to replace junior high bleachers (Jun '14) Jun '14 jimbo 1
apartment hunting (Jun '14) Jun '14 calli 1

Georgetown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Georgetown Mortgages