Remember the Best of Times are Ahead

Remember the Best of Times are Ahead

Posted in the Georgetown Forum

8th Degree

United States

#1 Jun 8, 2008
Yesterday, McCain released his 1st general election ad. It's playing in 54 media markets across 10 states - Colorado, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, Ohio, Pennsylvania & Wisconsin. "Only a fool or a fraud talks tough or romantically about war. I was shot down over Vietnam & spent five years as a POW.. I hate war. I know how terrible its costs are. I'm running for president to keep the country I love safe. I'm John McCain, & I approve this message." The not-so-subtle slogan "the American president Americans have been waiting for" has been tossed aside, & songs about bombing Iran are not a distant memory to the public. Does this strike a cord?
. How about these ?
"I believe... that the Iraqi people will greet us as liberators." (March 20, 2003) Than why is this needed? Bush dares more disaster?
Saddam Hussein is on a crash course to construct a nuclear weapon." (October 10, 2002) It took so long to look if there where some they where somewhere else so just what was the really purpose of the war?
"This conflict is... going to be relatively short." (March 23, 2003) http://www.youtube.com/watch...
"I would argue that the next three to six months will be critical." (September 10, 2003)
"I think the initial phases of [the war] were so spectacularly successful that it took us all by surprise." (October 31, 2003)
Note the term used to describe the war in which only a fool or fraud would call romantically about.
"Only the most deluded of us could doubt the necessity of this war." (August 30, 2004)
This would put him in a small crowd or the Bush administration. McCain's YouTube Problem,
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/zp-heller/one-m...
"We will probably see significant progress in the next six months to a year." (December 4, 2005)
"We can know fairly well [whether the surge is working] in a few months." (February 4, 2007)
Again thatÂ’s why he sees us there for the next 100 years.
The New York Times -- McCain adviser says candidate believes Bush wiretapping program was legal: "A top adviser to Sen. John McCain says Mr. McCain believes that President Bush's program of wiretapping without warrants was lawful, a position that appears to bring him into closer alignment with the sweeping theories of executive authority pushed by the Bush administration legal team. He's not running away from President Bush or his policies. In letter posted online by National Review this week, the adviser, Douglas Holtz-Eakin, said Mr. McCain believed that the Constitution gave Mr. Bush the power to authorize the National Security Agency to monitor Americans' international phone calls & e-mail without warrants, despite a 1978 federal statute that required court oversight of surveillance. Mr. McCain believes that 'neither the administration nor the telecoms need apologize for actions that most people, That being the administration under Bush.Except for the A.C.L.U. and trial lawyers, understand were constitutional and appropriate in the wake of the attacks on Sept. 11, 20 Would this be the rest of the country? Note on the lower article his unpopular handling of the war in Iraq. Aka the rest of the country. All this time you thought the Constitution was written to protect the rights & freedoms of the people not to be used to beat them with it. USA TODAY interview with John McCain He's not running away from President Bush: "Republican John McCain said he won't try to 'separate' himself from a weakened President Bush or his unpopular handling of the war in Iraq to try to win the general election against Barack Obama, who has made opposition to the war a focus of the Democratic campaign. During an interview Thurs. with USA TODAY, McCain also made it clear that he would emphasize his steadiness & experience - particularly on national security issues to counter the vibrancy & oratory skills that have made Obama .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jack Morris has herpes and hepatitus Aug 7 yes 1
abuser and robber comes to your home (Feb '16) Aug 6 geni brown 5
News Lake-based water opposed (Oct '11) Jul '16 water reservoir e... 20
Patrick Miller May '16 dghattierdc 1
News Delaware gears up for primaries Apr '16 Democrats-VOTE FO... 1
News Lake water needed for north Halton: Region (Oct '11) Apr '16 Flint 23
News Tax Benefits Entice New Residents to Coastal De... Apr '16 Sheri Jane 1

Georgetown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance