Trying to Align with One’s Past

Trying to Align with One’s Past

Posted in the Georgetown Forum

8th Degree

United States

#1 Jun 26, 2008
Trying to align with this country’s past events with those who stood to their ground for freedom, fall very short.
When his past actions and statements don’t even align with the facts of the present events.

This leaves more than just a little to question.

June 25, 2008, 3:58 pm
McCain’s Lexington Project
By MICHAEL COOPER
LAS VEGAS – Some might have called it bold, and others foolhardy, when Senator John McCain followed his call to allow offshore drilling with a visit to California, where the idea is controversial to say the least.

My comment here:
I would call it based on yet more lies my self.

The same thing could be said of his trip here on Wednesday, where his call for 45 new nuclear plants by 2030 cannot but remind voters of the plan to store nuclear waste at nearby Yucca Mountain.

My comment here:
I wonder if he would be willing to leave at the base of Yucca Mountain?

But Mr. McCain, summing up a couple of weeks of talking about energy policy, gave a speech here Wednesday in which he lamented “the timid litany of limitations” when it comes to energy policy.“We are offered the same agenda of inaction

My comment here:
Would this be the same agenda of inaction of the Bush administration‘s to his energy policy or lack there of?

that long recitation of things we cannot do, energy we cannot produce, refineries we cannot build, plants we cannot approve, coal we cannot use, technologies we cannot master,’’ he said.
My comment here:
Would this be the same, technologies that have been buried by this same administration
The same refineries they want to drill off shore that they have done nothing with the ones they have.

Or that they have reports for they have had from the start they would not effect gas prices.

Instead, he said in a speech here at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, he was offering an energy policy he called the “Lexington

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police: 1 person dead as a result of explosion ... Nov '16 openmind693 2
Andrew Southmayd cheats on his wife Oct '16 its true 1
News Lake water needed for north Halton: Region (Oct '11) Oct '16 just 4 developers 25
Jack Morris has herpes and hepatitus Oct '16 prince george 2
News Police looking for wanted man on theft and burg... Oct '16 The Punisher 1
abuser and robber comes to your home (Feb '16) Oct '16 Survivor 6
News Lake-based water opposed (Oct '11) Jul '16 water reservoir e... 20

Georgetown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Georgetown Mortgages